Regarding Community Warfare & Clan Jade Falcon

6 replies to this topic

#1 SpanishCleric

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMississippi, USA

Posted 24 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

Looking to get some perspective. At the initial phase of community warfare Clanners will be invading against defending Inner Sphere warriors, as one would expect, but what about holding territory? While I understand entirely the honor to be gained in battle with inferior numbers, let us discuss the matter of occupation and territorial retention. Strategically, the idea of 'Advance, advance, advance,' will only work for so long. This is not BattleTech. Our weapons and mechs have been balanced, and the distinct advantages of superior clan martial technology will not be so distinct.

The strongest and most renowned warriors will bring many victorys and great honor, but without sufficient numbers, we may expect to see our territorial gains lost. Conquest without assimilation is foolish. Rather than becoming 'exclusive,' e-clubs of Mechwarriors, consider leave recruitment open and available to those who would abandon the hopeless defense of the Inner Sphere.

If the activity in these forums is any reflection of readiness, than the quiet nature of this one is telling. I understand respective units have their own forums/boards, and so this one may not be the bussling hive of activity, but if we are to expand our number of planets and Galaxies, than this is the most appropriate and public venue to do so. I look forward to your comments.

Seyla!

#2 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:08 PM

My unit has been discussing the possibility of contacting all Jade Falcon Unit leaders to talk about a central teamspeak where we all can be on to coordinate attacks and defense.

This is at the moment just an idea but hopefully soon will be a reality.

#3 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 25 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

I suppose you could use Strana Mecthty and the Great Council website created by Coffinail. They are meant as hubs for all the Clans to coordinate in the invasion.

#4 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

Loose lips sink ships

It's not good to discuss tactics in open forums. Don't worry though, the Lyran Commonwealth will be trampled under the foot of clan jade falcon mechs

#5 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 25 September 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

Loose lips sink ships

It's not good to discuss tactics in open forums. Don't worry though, the Lyran Commonwealth will be trampled under the foot of clan jade falcon mechs

I know, but i think that we can easily make some sections reserved for members of each Clan ;)

Besides, that website is already too little used to create a new one for each Clan. But this is just a suggestion.

#6 _Comrade_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 26 September 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

I know, but i think that we can easily make some sections reserved for members of each Clan ;)

Besides, that website is already too little used to create a new one for each Clan. But this is just a suggestion.

Well the first jump in the CW from JF looks like it's Somerset...so i guess it's some Adam Steiner killing in the first few months.

He refused our batchall!!!

Bone Norman is also close by which is the planet that Clan Ice Hellion first attacked when they invaded the IS in their not to well thought out invasion

Wotan has a special place in my heart because it's the planet you challenge the jade falcons to in a trail of grievence in Ghost Bear's Legacy. Twycross is also a nice planet.

So a lot of good choices for JF's

Edited by Grimwill, 30 September 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#7 LtCasey

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationMechhangar

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:25 PM

View PostKibble, on 25 September 2014 - 01:08 PM, said:

My unit has been discussing the possibility of contacting all Jade Falcon Unit leaders to talk about a central teamspeak where we all can be on to coordinate attacks and defense.

This is at the moment just an idea but hopefully soon will be a reality.

Hi,
This! I guess the CW of the Clans will be shortlived, if we do not get any coordination of all Clan units, while the IS Units are very well coordinated, and well known to each others. Especially the German Units. Telling this, by knowledge, because I have been a member of 1st royal guards before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users