#1 SnkOnDesNutz

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmichigan usa

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:37 PM

so i have recently purchased a few awesomes to add to my collection.
all peoples personal opinions aside there seem to be some actual technical issues with these mechs that im not sure if anyone has ever discovered.

particularly the ones with multi missile shoulder mounts and or lasers in the arms or torso.

heres what i ran into 4x lrm launchers. when fired consumed the ammo for four launchers. generated heat for 2 launchers and showed on screen a spread of 2 launchers.

lasers. 2 lasers in one arm in many awesomes. says its firing 2. causes heat from one. shows animation for one.

i even removed launchers in my firing selection and the only difference made was the ammo consumption. you can test this quikly by equipping 4 x srm 6 on the 8r. go fire all four on the testing grounds. you will see in your recharge screen all 4 fired. and used ammo. now fire again look at the missle cluster. clearly only 12 missles firing. now remove a launcher on each side of your torso in your weapon grouping. and fire only two srms. you will see the same heat, same 12 missles fire, and less ammo used.

clearly these are broken. correct? pgi please fix this or refund them for me. this is a waste here guys.

then again maybe im just plain lost and confused here. i realise there art is a issue most people sight when these debates come up. but my arguement is the weapons arent firing nore causing damage. have these issues ever been tested by you guys?

#2 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

I don't get the heat issues you speak of, so perhaps you're confusing the Awesome's energy weapon heat quirks for bugs?

I believe the Awesome doesn't have dynamic weapons yet, so you can't visually see the change. Also, your laser weapons (especially on CT) will fire from the same 'slot' and appear like a single laser.

Regarding the visuals on missiles, I haven't experienced that either, so maybe it's got the same problem as the lasers- it only appears like you're firing less, the damage might still be there.

#3 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 24 September 2014 - 05:56 PM

i got 5 AWS mastered, never had this issue for any of them.

also sure ur not confused about the new heat quirks ?
heat generations (energy) -12.5%

Edited by Warblood, 24 September 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#4 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:19 PM

View PostSnkOnDesNutz, on 24 September 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

so i have recently purchased a few awesomes to add to my collection.
all peoples personal opinions aside there seem to be some actual technical issues with these mechs that im not sure if anyone has ever discovered.

particularly the ones with multi missile shoulder mounts and or lasers in the arms or torso.

heres what i ran into 4x lrm launchers. when fired consumed the ammo for four launchers. generated heat for 2 launchers and showed on screen a spread of 2 launchers.

lasers. 2 lasers in one arm in many awesomes. says its firing 2. causes heat from one. shows animation for one.

Older mechs don't spread missiles as much as the new mechs do. This will change with a cosmetic update.
Awesome missiles. (Fired all at the same time for 4 launchers).

Awesome (Flamers Lasers)

Awesome missiles chain fired.

These are before the update. I've had no issues with after the quirk update.

Awesome hardpoints share 2 hardpoints per weapon location.

Two PPCs in the LT will be like a PPC/20.
Awesomes have a quirk that significantly reduce heat.
8.75 heat per PPC.
13.125 per ER PPC.
6.125 per large laser
Large Pulse or ER Large = 7 heat.

Now.. It also has SUPER heatsinks.

18 DHS normally:
Cooling Rate : 3.59 heat/sec
Heat Threshold : 73.44

18 DHS for the Awesomes with 10% better efficiency:
Cooling Rate : 3.949 heat/sec
Heat Threshold : 80.784

For 44 SHS:
Cooling Rate : 5.06 heat/sec
Heat Threshold : 88.8

44 SHS on the Awesome with 10% better efficiency:
Cooling Rate : 5.566 heat/sec
Heat Threshold : 97.68

44 SHS on Alpine
Cooling Rate : 6.32 heat/sec
Heat Threshold : 111

44 SHS Awesome on Alpine
Cooling Rate : 6.952 heat/sec
Heat Threshold : 122.1

(Best possible threshold for Clan mechs was somewhere between 123 and 126 as last I checked.)

A 3 PPC Rig on a cold map, chain fired at the default rate with 44 single heatsinks can fire non-stop for the better part of 5 minutes, finally shutdown and by the time it starts back up be down to 60% heat.

This is the Awesome holding off a Dire Wolf, Timber Wolf and some others (as seen from the side). We're making our last stand, the entire team was very easily wiped out. He has less than 230 points of armor (I think 224) with an XL engine (almost everyone aims CT, so that's like max armor and almost none anywhere else). This is after the quirks.

(Last edit.)

Edited by Koniving, 24 September 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#5 SnkOnDesNutz

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts
  • Locationmichigan usa

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:26 PM

ok ill go back to messing around with them thanks guys.

#6 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 24 September 2014 - 08:31 PM

Mechs that don't have dynamic weapon geometry will fire multiple launchers from a single launch point, which looks like a single volley (except unusually dense). It can actually be a bit of an advantage, as it helps to concentrate damage more than spread out, individual launchers would.

The same applies to energy hardpoints. Put 2 medium lasers in an 8Q side torso and both will fire from the single PPC muzzle.

Edit:

I've been playing Awesomes very heavily since the quirk update (I had run and enjoyed them in CB but never bought them since the last reset, until the quirk change), and I've encountered no performance issues. I have not noticed any reduce or lost damage, nor has the heat been out of line with my expectations.

Edited by Levi Porphyrogenitus, 24 September 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#7 Mazerius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn Your Periphery Stealin Your Planets

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Putting 2 ppcs in the right arm is nice as it just makes a slightly brighter single ppc projectile but does 20 dmg, I know that'll likely go away when they "normalize teh artz" but I'll miss it ;P

#8 SnkOnDesNutz

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts
  • Locationmichigan usa

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:15 AM

I see what you guys are saying. I had just purchased them to level up getting all my i.s. mech set for clan warfare. and just didn't understand what was going on. thank you for the information guys. really appreciated

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users