Video Crash / Booted

7 replies to this topic

#1 MacCaileanMor

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

After the most recent patch I have started having problems on both of my computers. Previously, the game had run flawlessly on both computers so I assume the patch has changed something. The problem manifests itself as:

1. Video freezes but I can still hear the game going on around me. The only way that I have found to resolve this issue is to close the game and restart it.

2. The game crashes and closes.

Please let me know if this is a common problem and if there is a work around.

Edited by MacCaileanMor, 25 September 2014 - 05:55 AM.

#2 beartraps

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 56 posts
  • LocationLexington,Kentucky

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:48 AM

Congrats Piranha,now 1/2 of every crash to desk top results in a COMPLETE Lock up and or Blue Screen .And a need of restart on my rig!!!!YEAH!!!!

#3 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

this is happening to me every time on the new map.

Map starts, about 5 seconds later video freezes but sound/controls contrinue to work.

Alt+F4 out, reconnect and rejoin and it is fine, i can play out the rest of the map.

No other maps are doing this.

#4 Lava Lamp

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUS Midwest

Posted 25 September 2014 - 12:00 PM

I have the same issue that Bigbacon does. Never have any problems with performance before (besides the annoying framerate drop from heat fog), but every time I get the new map I crash to desktop within 10-20 seconds, then after a reconnect I can play rest of round with no issues.

#5 oldhasu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 681 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

Same thing with the new map. Game freezes and then crashes. Not every game, but very often.
Given the fact that this new map has a higher chance to be selected for drop then the others, this is painful.

#6 DerRattenmann

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

Same here... but if I tab out of the game when it freezes and then tab in again I can save it from crashing completely. Still this does not make any sense because you'll be dead afterwards or at best a minute late it will freeze again. This happens only on this map.

#7 Kaadan

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

Same problem here. Whenever I drop on the new map I am able to play for maybe 30-45 seconds then the screen freezes (sound continues in background) and I'm forced to close the game from taskmanager and restart+relogin. Never had any problems like this before until last few days.

#8 SnkOnDesNutz

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmichigan usa

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:31 AM

I actually posted about this in gen discussion as well. and didn't get any responses.

video freezes if I alt+tab out an then back in its fine. if I don d it quik it crashes to desktop.
also if I comeback sometimes I see the smoke coming off damaged mechs as pollygons

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users