Gtx 970

7 replies to this topic

#1 Vinhasa

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

I put in a new GTX 970 video card, and I get an error message saying that my video card wasn't supported by the cryengine. I shrug it off, thinking "meh, it's faster than the old 680, it should be a great upgrade", and launch. Then, I get into the game, and hit the connecting cycle (you know, that 20-30 seconds where the thing just spins and says 'connecting'), and it grinds to a near halt.

Fraps says that I'm getting 1 frame per second. Can anyone tell me what's going on, and when we can expect to see (if at all) new video cards supported?

#2 itiziDITKA

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

I just got the 980, and it works fine for me. Did you upgrade to the latest drivers? Have you tried any other games?

#3 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:53 PM

Which 970 card are you using?

Try the latest drivers, if not, start rolling back to older drivers that the 970 can use. If that fails, try beta drivers.

Just checked geforce.com. there are only 2 drivers the 970 can use. Try those

Edited by knightsljx, 25 September 2014 - 06:55 PM.

#4 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostVinhasa, on 25 September 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

I put in a new GTX 970 video card, and I get an error message saying that my video card wasn't supported by the cryengine...

Fraps says that I'm getting 1 frame per second. Can anyone tell me what's going on, and when we can expect to see (if at all) new video cards supported?

When you installed the new GPU, did you remove all previous drivers from your older card before installing the new one? This has been known to cause driver and registry conflicts which can confuse the **** out of your PC. It's simply a matter of uninstalling old, shutting down, plugging in new, installing new drivers... and running an update after install (cause CD drivers aren't always up to date).

#5 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

You get the text error because the GPU isn't listed in the text file of supported GPU's that's it.

It is not the reason your having problems.

#6 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

Give this a whirl, usually fixes driver issues for me
http://www.guru3d.co...r-download.html

#7 Vezm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 01 October 2014 - 04:05 AM

For the record, I installed my GTX 970 and updated drivers over top of my old ones (it really shouldn't be a problem) and it all wen't off without a hitch. Mine is a Gigabyte windforce, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Have you solved your problems yet or is there still and issue?

#8 Vinhasa

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 87 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:47 AM

I updated to the latest version, then plugged it in. Didn't work at all past the 1 fps and massive glitchy nonsense. I tried it in a new system, and it works just fine - 4k at medium settings gets me 50-60 fps now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users