17 replies to this topic

#1 SaltBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 25 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

I Would like to Know PGI's Plan for OMNI Pod readiness. How is this Clan advantage going to be factored into Community Warfare? Do Clan Mechwarriors get to see the Batlemap specs before picking mechs in the drop ship deck and IS do not ? Omni pod advantage has to be a factor for the clans somehow. Planet battles need to be Multiple map linked to mechs in a planetary campaign battles that stretch from Cold Polar regions to Hot Desert wastelands. Mechs conducting a planetary campaign that are not omnimechs need to be locked for the duration of the campaign in their 4 dropship mechs. were as clans have the ability and choice to switch Omni pod loadouts before each regional map engagement. That means clanner MechWarrior's need to have temperate ready omnipod selections completed prior to any planetary campaign. Or a Heavily Defended Defensive platform Base on the ground were omnipod swaps can be made at the battles start.

#2 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:59 PM

I mean what will the advantage of the omnipod be for Units and Mechwarrors in CW?

#3 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:42 AM

Are u ******* crazy??? Making something like that would rage the nerf mob so much that they would demand omnipods to be fixed to the chassis... lol

Pods by itself are a great advantage already giving you flexibility when seting up your mech. You cant change your mech after they were selected for the dropship, thata what I got from the update though.

#4 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:46 AM

Makes perfect sense...so no, it won't happen in MWO.

#5 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:56 AM

Well they fitted the New Clan mechs on BT tech manuals from 2007 and 2009 so they the are trying to keep up with the changes in BT Universe,.... I was until recently made aware of through Sana!!. Basically the clans got Nerfed not by PGI but by the BT owners in 2007 with fixed engines. That is why none of the previous games had that restriction. Although they have added additional nerfs with heat to try and bring a balance which will make the Clan mechs less fun to play. Why not give them the omnipod advantage they were OOoooooohhhhh! supposed to be so powerful with in lore, novels, and tech manuals Fast Omnipod change outs ON THE BATTLEFEILD?

Edited by SaltBeef, 26 September 2014 - 01:57 AM.

#6 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:09 AM

View PostSaltBeef, on 26 September 2014 - 01:56 AM, said:

Why not give them the omnipod advantage they were OOoooooohhhhh! supposed to be so powerful with in lore, novels, and tech manuals Fast Omnipod change outs ON THE BATTLEFEILD?

Clans being overly powerful was a mistake made by the BT creators in the first place. Thankfully PGI has broken the cycle.

As for omni pods, without access to the mech lab after hitting launch, no one is able to modify anything on their mechs. But, shouldn't be that big of a deal since it appears we'll only drop on CW specific map(s). Once you hit launch, you're dropped into a long game not "regional" maps or anything.

Now, if you are suggestion Clanners should be able to modify the mechs in their Dropship after they have been killed in one mech and before they come back to the battlefield in another, I'm guessing not going to happen. Being able to change your mech after encountering an enemy force would be to much of a benefit.

#7 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:47 AM

The best way to do this would be to force the use of "field refit kits" in CW. Clan players wouldn't need the kits to do simple stuff like swap out weapons or whole omnipods. IS players would have to use the kits, and use up resources ("time points" or something similar) to change out the crap on their mechs.

It'll probably be part of the logistics pass in CW - wave 2 or 3 maybe.

#8 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

I like your idea good thinking. Then Omnipods at least get some bonus.

#9 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:08 AM

Omnipods already have an advantage, It lets you run multiple hardpoint builds on any of the chassis. Imagine if you could buy any Hero mech and then turn it into one of the other variants (Like taking ECM on the X-5 CIcada or Boar's Head?).

#10 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostWraeththix Constantine, on 26 September 2014 - 07:08 AM, said:

Omnipods already have an advantage, It lets you run multiple hardpoint builds on any of the chassis. Imagine if you could buy any Hero mech and then turn it into one of the other variants (Like taking ECM on the X-5 CIcada or Boar's Head?).

Pretty much this, the advantage is already in game, in the mech lab.

#11 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

That's what I want. I wanna log into MWO, get set up, launch into a mission, then... wait 30 minutes while your team/enemy configures their mechs.

#12 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

View PostLauLiao, on 26 September 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

That's what I want. I wanna log into MWO, get set up, launch into a mission, then... wait 30 minutes while your team/enemy configures their mechs.

there are a lot of reasons this won't happen (although I love the concept), this is the biggest one.

#13 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostDracol, on 26 September 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

Clans being overly powerful was a mistake made by the BT creators in the first place.

In what way is it a mistake?

#14 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostWolfways, on 26 September 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

In what way is it a mistake?

Short version, very bad game design and a blatant tactic to force players to buy the newest edition TROs. Modern game theory thankfully has for the most part eliminated these types of power creep moves.

Also, really hurt new player retention at conventions since the established players all choose clans while the new players being introduced we given IS mechs. Since BV was released many years after clans, the 10 v 12 and other arbitrary rules did little to make the game enjoyable for IS players.

Oh, and the original creators have said it was a mistake.

#15 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostDracol, on 26 September 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

Short version, very bad game design and a blatant tactic to force players to buy the newest edition TROs. Modern game theory thankfully has for the most part eliminated these types of power creep moves.

Also, really hurt new player retention at conventions since the established players all choose clans while the new players being introduced we given IS mechs. Since BV was released many years after clans, the 10 v 12 and other arbitrary rules did little to make the game enjoyable for IS players.

So the problem wasn't actually adding the clans. It was the lack of a BV?
How were matches balanced before BV? I can't even remember because i only played a few matches and it was so long ago.

Oh, and the original creators have said it was a mistake.

That means nothing tbh. Just about everyone who ever created anything later says "I wish I'd done that a little different." :P

#16 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

Dont know how to set yourself up for disappointment? This thread has some great ideas for starters!

#17 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostWolfways, on 26 September 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

So the problem wasn't actually adding the clans. It was the lack of a BV?
How were matches balanced before BV? I can't even remember because i only played a few matches and it was so long ago.

You know how clans are set up as stars of 5 mechs each? It was so they could face off against IS as 2 stars versus 3 lances. They also had the restriction of no melee as well as no focus fire until they were shot at be a second mech. All those lore based restrictions that no body played with... well except the 10 v 12 which really wasn't enough.

#18 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostDracol, on 26 September 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

You know how clans are set up as stars of 5 mechs each? It was so they could face off against IS as 2 stars versus 3 lances. They also had the restriction of no melee as well as no focus fire until they were shot at be a second mech. All those lore based restrictions that no body played with... well except the 10 v 12 which really wasn't enough.

In that case the problem is the players not the game. But i see how there are many players who refuse to use rules that aren't enforced...especially since playing MWO :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users