19 replies to this topic

#1 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:08 AM

Ok, I've mastered some Clan mechs and I find myself never using at least 1 of them. If I sell them for Cbills w/o including the omnipods... I can still use the different omnipods from that particular variant, right?

#2 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:09 AM

Correct, you don't need to own the variant to use the omnipods from it.

#3 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:11 AM

View PostRouken, on 26 September 2014 - 04:09 AM, said:

Correct, you don't need to own the variant to use the omnipods from it.

Awesome. Thanks for the quick reply! Kind of a waste to have a bunch of mechs I never touch. Time to go get rich for a day!

#4 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:20 AM

View PostMoonlander, on 26 September 2014 - 04:08 AM, said:

Ok, I've mastered some Clan mechs and I find myself never using at least 1 of them. If I sell them for Cbills w/o including the omnipods... I can still use the different omnipods from that particular variant, right?

Do not forget to sell head and legs pods too. :D

As I have just sold all my Nova's apart from 1.

#5 BigJim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationChesterfield, England

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:46 AM

Looking in the Inventory at my omnipods, I don't see any heads (which I never swap), and the only legs are the Kitfox legs (the ones you swap-out in order to fit JJs), does this mean that all the ones I can see in the Inventory are currently unallocated to a mech, and thus safe to sell?

I would have thought so, but just checking, I don't want to have to spend ages reconfiguring my builds. Thanks. :)

Edited by BigJim, 26 September 2014 - 04:47 AM.

#6 Mr Beefy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:03 AM

View PostBigJim, on 26 September 2014 - 04:46 AM, said:

Looking in the Inventory at my omnipods, I don't see any heads (which I never swap), and the only legs are the Kitfox legs (the ones you swap-out in order to fit JJs), does this mean that all the ones I can see in the Inventory are currently unallocated to a mech, and thus safe to sell?

I would have thought so, but just checking, I don't want to have to spend ages reconfiguring my builds. Thanks. :)

When you sell the mechs you don't want anymore, if you go back to your inventory and omni pods, you will see them all. Yes you can sell them all, or just ones you never use.

#7 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:09 AM

Honestly, I think selling mechs is a waste of money. You get what? Not even half of the value. And if you die prematurely in a match, you still have another one of same mech to play another quick match. Just my 2 cents though :)

#8 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:55 AM

View PostAnarcho, on 26 September 2014 - 05:09 AM, said:

Honestly, I think selling mechs is a waste of money. You get what? Not even half of the value. And if you die prematurely in a match, you still have another one of same mech to play another quick match. Just my 2 cents though :)

arent you the one I Tkd a few days ago on Canyon? Blew the hell out of you with my Warhawk with you in your Stormcrow? If so, sorry dude. I saw a Stormcrow to my front, no map icons to ID who the heck it was and I didnt feel like letting a lone mech come back to pork anyone. Radar bug or some crap? annoying no doubt.

#9 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:58 AM

Eh, I kept 2 variants of each so, I'm good. I usually sit and spectate to be honest but I don't backseat drive :D

#10 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

Never understood why folks would sell their variants. *shrug*

#11 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:24 AM

You don't need 3 of the same mech to play a quick game after suicide rushing, and there's no reason why you couldn't use another mech altogether Some people don't want to spend a bunch of real money to cut down on grind or buy more mech bays, and selling mechs that you don't need is a great way of fixing both those problems.

#12 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:38 AM

View PostSI The Joker, on 26 September 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

If you know you are never going to use a chassis why would you hold onto it?

#13 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:47 AM

When i finish a clanner I strip the equipment then sell not including Omnipods, works great.

Well I sell the 2 varients, the Prime I can't sell but I would keep Prime anyway as they have the boosted credit earning. And really only need 1 variant which allows me to replicate any version of the mech I want.

#14 The Mechromancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

View PostSI The Joker, on 26 September 2014 - 06:03 AM, said:

Because the UI is a mess, and having less mechs (ones you don't use) makes it more bearable.

#15 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

View PostBilbo, on 26 September 2014 - 06:38 AM, said:

If you know you are never going to use a chassis why would you hold onto it?

For me personally, there is no such thing as "never going to use". I don't know what the future holds... maybe there is a reason in the future to have these 3 Locusts that are sitting in my bay collecting dust? Locst Wars perhaps? :D

#16 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:05 AM

I've sold all my non-(i) variants after mastering the (i). Omnipods are awesome.

#17 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

View PostThe Mechromancer, on 26 September 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

Because the UI is a mess, and having less mechs (ones you don't use) makes it more bearable.

I have 116 mechs. UI needs work, but I can use it just fine. *shrug*

#18 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

View PostSI The Joker, on 26 September 2014 - 07:04 AM, said:

For me personally, there is no such thing as "never going to use". I don't know what the future holds... maybe there is a reason in the future to have these 3 Locusts that are sitting in my bay collecting dust? Locst Wars perhaps? :D

I can guarantee you will never see me in a locust. If I could sell the phoenix variant I would.

#19 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 26 September 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

arent you the one I Tkd a few days ago on Canyon? Blew the hell out of you with my Warhawk with you in your Stormcrow? If so, sorry dude. I saw a Stormcrow to my front, no map icons to ID who the heck it was and I didnt feel like letting a lone mech come back to pork anyone. Radar bug or some crap? annoying no doubt.

Lol yes that was me. I was like " wtf duuude?!?!?" Then you said no markers on my head and that made sense... yeah annoying bug.

#20 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:49 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 26 September 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

Had a similar situation recently, had an unmarked Commando in my sights in River City, and would have blown the whole hell out of him, but didn't - he was kind of close enough for me to have the shimmering screen already, but there was none, and luckily he was shooting towards the enemy.. Still, that was really unnerving, I kept twitching my crosshair to him every time he appeared on screen. Would the distance of the first contact be longer, I'd do what you did.
Really bad bug, but I've seen that only once.

View PostBilbo, on 26 September 2014 - 07:07 AM, said:

I can guarantee you will never see me in a locust. If I could sell the phoenix variant I would.

You don't have to sell them, but you can strip them flat and sell all the stuff as I did. But I sell Engines only when I have more than 1 of the type.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users