October 21St Clarification

23 replies to this topic

#1 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

Free mech. Want. Please and grateful. Make no mistake. looking forward to it.
Even have camo, loadout and thoughts on it already.

Question. Why the wait till the last week of October? About a month after we accomplished the task (or months ago for the long termers)
Isn't that an "injection" of the same kind dashboard, cbills, mechbays are?

And yes, I searched...this search function here is among the worse. Why sort results the way they do? First page of "centurion" are a year old, or more...
So, if I missed the explanation, my bad.

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,149 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:53 AM

Seems to me that the rewards trickle in to keep interest and engagement high for longer.

#3 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:55 AM

Maybe because open beta started in October 2012. Which was the last time when the Cent-AH was available if I'm not mistaken.

#4 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:07 AM

Or maybe because the mechs aren't actually done yet? (and yes, since you can still buy stuff to qualify, they also act as sweeteners to spending money if you happen to not qualify yet)

#5 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:09 AM

They're working on a lot of 'Mechs right now. I'd imagine their art department is pretty overloaded at the moment.

#6 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:16 AM

View PostScratx, on 26 September 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Or maybe because the mechs aren't actually done yet? (and yes, since you can still buy stuff to qualify, they also act as sweeteners to spending money if you happen to not qualify yet)

I'm trying to remember back a couple of years ago, this mech was already active and running.
It got canned when the yen yo wang came out, didn't want a 'real' money mech competing with the very similar cbill mech.
yeah, I'm pretty sure its "done"
anyone have counter intel on whether its completed?

#7 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostScratx, on 26 September 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

The Centurion in question has been complete since way back in Closed beta. It was even purchasable with C-bills but since it was too similar to the Yen Lo Wang Hero, they removed it from the game.

As far as why they are waiting, well that is because they want a constant flow of new content coming into the game. If they just released it all at once, the content would play itself out in a month and people would be getting bored and moving on to other games. This way however, they have you waiting not so patiently for the new mech and in the mean time your likely going to play to keep you busy while you wait.

#8 Xarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:17 PM

To give people something to look forward to. If you eat all your ice cream at once, you'll get fat.

#9 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:19 PM

IMO, the Centurion will get a dynamic hardpoint visual pass before the release... so that will eat up some time. Adding another Atlas is probably easy enough, as long as all the missile hardpoints look proper and not ugly like the Catapult. It will have a ton of missile hardpoints by design (well, more than the D-DC anyways).

#10 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 September 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

IMO, the Centurion will get a dynamic hardpoint visual pass before the release... so that will eat up some time. Adding another Atlas is probably easy enough, as long as all the missile hardpoints look proper and not ugly like the Catapult. It will have a ton of missile hardpoints by design (well, more than the D-DC anyways).

Beat me to it, I was going to say it's probably due to a visual pass on the hardpoints, otherwise there would be pretty much no reason to wait in releasing it.

#11 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:24 PM

Don't they also come with extra camo that needs to be created first?
And ofc, they are working on a lot of stuff already. Cleaning up all the backlog is a lot of work too. :)

#12 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 September 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

I refuse to play mechs that don't have dynamic hardpoints.

If this happens, I'll become a Cent pilot instantly.

#13 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

Mech models are of course done but we needed to time to create the new custom paint jobs for these special "loyalty" versions.

That on top of keeping on track with all the Wave 2 mech work etc

#14 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 September 2014 - 02:44 PM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 26 September 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Mech models are of course done but we needed to time to create the new custom paint jobs for these special "loyalty" versions.

That on top of keeping on track with all the Wave 2 mech work etc

I understand going with the Hellbringer, but it just feels so odd, to be able to get a Clan Ghost Bear skin for it, since it was made by Clan Hell's Horses... Still I'm likely to buy it.... might have something to run other than my Timber Wolf in a heavy slot...

#15 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:15 PM

Which begs the question

Thanks for the reply RB

#16 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostKevjack, on 26 September 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

I refuse to play mechs that don't have dynamic hardpoints.

If this happens, I'll become a Cent pilot instantly.

Well, there's no logical reason for that... unless you really like the current iteration of the Hunchback-4G or any missile bound Catapult...

#17 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

View PostThat Dawg, on 26 September 2014 - 04:50 AM, said:

Even have camo, loadout and thoughts on it already.

The reward version will have a special camo and a c-bill bost. No mech with a special camo allows you to change the camo, so don't go making decisons on what camo you want to put on it yet.

#18 RobarGK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 26 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 September 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

I understand going with the Hellbringer, but it just feels so odd, to be able to get a Clan Ghost Bear skin for it, since it was made by Clan Hell's Horses... Still I'm likely to buy it.... might have something to run other than my Timber Wolf in a heavy slot...

It makes sense to a degree, as the clan method of fighting through trials, often trials of possession, tends to lead to the clans who most often fight each other having more similar toumans as they claim forces from each other.

#19 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 September 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

Well, there's no logical reason for that... unless you really like the current iteration of the Hunchback-4G or any missile bound Catapult...

Oh I no it's illogical. It just irks me to see weapons that aren't equipped on the mech.

Blame OCD or something like that.

I actually don't know anything about the 4G's hardpoints. What's wrong with it?

Edited by Kevjack, 26 September 2014 - 06:23 PM.

#20 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:24 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 September 2014 - 05:21 PM, said:

I just keep hoping that they never have time to get the the Awesome. If there is any justice for the years the AWSes spent being terrible, then it will never be inflicted with ugly missile boxes tacked on and tiny PPCs where the huge imposing barrels are now. I just know it's going to get the CPLT-K2 treatment though, where the huge mounting points for the PPCs end up terminating in these wimpy little tubes. :[

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users