Is Clan Smoke Jaguar Stricly Clan

9 replies to this topic

#1 General Godmode

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

I am interested in joining an all CLAN only guild. Yes I have other mechs but when the guys go out it MUST be clan only. Is CLAN Jaguar like this???

#2 Raigner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 132 posts
  • LocationAlabama, USA

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

perhaps in 6 months, but it is untenable to force people to buy a clan pack to join and deploy with one of are galaxys, that is ultimately up to each galaxy commander however. id imagine that many inner sphere mechs gained as isorla will be used until resupply can come to the front, essentially when all the mechs are acquirable by C-bills. only then can any discussion about mandatory clan mechs even begin, in short its too soon to answer that question. there are 2 caveats however, any galaxy commander worth his salt is not going to force his members to play the game in a manner that they will find unenjoyable, hard locking all members to just clan mechs 24/7 is going to ruffle a lot of feathers. on the other caveat, i can see clan mechs being forced for official clan drops and trials.

Finaly lore wise Smoke Jaguar hates the IS more then any other clan using there mechs would make any true Jaguar uncomfortable.

#3 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

Why the hell would anyone want to drive an IS mech? I'm loving the Clan mechs. I guess in competitive drops it might still be the best way to go, but otherwise . . . ?

#4 gunghoblazes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationEverywhere at once.

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

Well, some might not have been able to purchase any clan mechs yet. I am personally attach to my Dragron and still field it 90% of the time I am playing.

#5 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:30 AM

Like during Sibkin training last night. Someone wanted to duel me in a jenner. I was reluctant, but made sure to let him know it was because I was not intending to drop in IS anymore. :angry:

As for finding a clan that uses only Clan equipment so far? No, once we start getting Trial mechs that are Clan chassis, we can transition, but as said above. We cannot force players to buy a Clan mech for real world dollars.

#6 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:12 AM

View PostNRP, on 19 June 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Why the hell would anyone want to drive an IS mech? I'm loving the Clan mechs. I guess in competitive drops it might still be the best way to go, but otherwise . . . ?

How can u call yourself competitive and drop in IS mechs?

If your a clanner your drive clans when your using the clan colours. Outside of that use anything you want cause it's a game and games are meant to be fun, but when u fight for CW or on behalf of the clan anything less than clan mechs is just rubbish.

To me being a clanner is exactly that, i drive and use clan tech, i'd use a kit fox over a jenner or any IS light cause i am clan i use clan not IS.

#7 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:33 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 16 October 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

How can u call yourself competitive and drop in IS mechs?

If you're a clanner your drive clans when you're using the clan colours. Outside of that use anything you want cause it's a game and games are meant to be fun, but when u fight for CW or on behalf of the clan anything less than clan mechs is just rubbish.

To me being a Clanner is exactly that, I drive and use Clantech, I'd use a kit fox over a jenner or any IS light cause I am Clan, I use Clan not IS.

Because not every Clan mech is the best mech ever? Look at the lights, terrible by comparison. Sure they pack a punch but unless the light mech comes to you to kill it they have very poor mobility.

That being said PGI already clarified that there is no mixed tech for either side.

#8 RazarG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationGrandside, Sydney

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

Loving the clan mechs more, there are some IS i still love, but i figure its a waste playing with them now as they wont get much love during CW from me.

#9 Nikol Grall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 430 posts
  • LocationJackson, Tn

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:40 AM

From what i gather competitive drops in community warfare will force a faction to use their unit type. Until then, our group at least, allows a mixture in drops. When we do training or chose to purposefully practice with clan mechs it will be otherwise.

IMO IS still has better lights and mediums but the Timberwolf, Warhawk, Direwolf, and upcoming Hellbringer will be the best in class. IS has better brawler heavies, but the Timberwolf is just so versatile.

Edited by Nikol Grall, 21 October 2014 - 12:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users