- - - - -

Game Store

14 replies to this topic

#1 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:17 AM

Is there any way to access the store from the website?

Many thanks.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:19 AM

Nope.

If you want to just look at mech prices you can head over to a great 3rd party data center, Smurfy http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

#3 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:28 AM

:) Thx Redshift

#4 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostDorion, on 26 September 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

Is there any way to access the store from the website?

Many thanks.

If you mean to purchase mech bays, colors, and camo schemes or any mech using c-bills or MC see Redshift's answer above.

If you want to purchase MC just log into these forums and click the "MC" icon at the to of the page to the left of Redeem. Prepurchase packages like Clan Wave 2 are also done on the website.

#5 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

Do note clam mech prices might not be up to date, they were manually inserted into the graph.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:00 AM

View PostSilentScreamer, on 26 September 2014 - 06:30 AM, said:

If you mean to purchase mech bays, colors, and camo schemes or any mech using c-bills or MC see Redshift's answer above.

If you want to purchase MC just log into these forums and click the "MC" icon at the to of the page to the left of Redeem. Prepurchase packages like Clan Wave 2 are also done on the website.

Yes, that's a fair point- some things are for sale on the website only (clan packs, MC to spend in the game store) but pretty sure he meant the in-game store

#7 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

Was looking for mastery packages....but I think that's only in game. Also, I noticed when I first started playing about a 3 or 4 weeks ago, there was a crazy 50% off sale on a lot of hero mechs for just a few hours/maybe a day. Do they announce those sales because I have not seen anything like that since?

#8 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostDorion, on 26 September 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Was looking for mastery packages....but I think that's only in game. Also, I noticed when I first started playing about a 3 or 4 weeks ago, there was a crazy 50% off sale on a lot of hero mechs for just a few hours/maybe a day. Do they announce those sales because I have not seen anything like that since?

Indeed, mastery packs are something you have to purchase from the in-game Store tab.

As far as Sales, there is almost always a sale that runs from 10:00AM Pacific on Friday until 10:00AM Pacific on Tuesday, though what is on sale changes from week to week. Hero 'Mechs go on sale pretty regularly, so keep your eyes peeled on the website (a forum thread regarding new sales is usually put up in the Announcements subforum, and they usually have a nice big banner about the current sale on the homepage), and/or check out the Outreach subreddit, as pertinent info, such as notifications about sales and other Dev posts, gets posted there pretty quickly.

Edited by DEMAX51, 26 September 2014 - 07:29 AM.

#9 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

I've always found it odd that the Clan packs aren't available through the in-game store. They are not even that well advertised on this website. The main headline banners are the only way I can see of actually navigating to that section of the website, other than through your profile, and currently that only covers wave II (wave I still purchasable I imagine).

#10 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:14 AM

View Postwarner2, on 26 September 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

I've always found it odd that the Clan packs aren't available through the in-game store. They are not even that well advertised on this website. The main headline banners are the only way I can see of actually navigating to that section of the website, other than through your profile, and currently that only covers wave II (wave I still purchasable I imagine).

Wave I is purchasable and in fact still has it's banner in place.

#11 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

Awesome! Thanks for the helpful info DeMax!

#12 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

I think this game could use an online store too. You get redirected here to buy MC anyway, so it does make it slightly more convenient for us to come here and one stop shop. We could buy MC, look at some mechs, buy them on the site, log in to the client, then there there are ready to go.

Maybe even add an web-based inventory management / IOs / tablet app like the mech-bay letting us tweek chassis when not at a PC that can play the game , buy stuff from the site, then log into the app and add look at it.

Edited by Penance, 08 November 2014 - 07:38 PM.

#13 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostDEMAX51, on 26 September 2014 - 07:27 AM, said:

Indeed, mastery packs are something you have to purchase from the in-game Store tab.

As far as Sales, there is almost always a sale that runs from 10:00AM Pacific on Friday until 10:00AM Pacific on Tuesday, though what is on sale changes from week to week. Hero 'Mechs go on sale pretty regularly, so keep your eyes peeled on the website (a forum thread regarding new sales is usually put up in the Announcements subforum, and they usually have a nice big banner about the current sale on the homepage), and/or check out the Outreach subreddit, as pertinent info, such as notifications about sales and other Dev posts, gets posted there pretty quickly.

Just wanted to add onto this - never buy anything until the weekend. Just so we're clear. You never know what will be on sale. Could be MC or Mechbays or C-Bill sales on mechs or whatever. Its like rule #3 when it comes to spending C-Bills and MC.

#14 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 09 November 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Just wanted to add onto this - never buy anything until the weekend. Just so we're clear. You never know what will be on sale. Could be MC or Mechbays or C-Bill sales on mechs or whatever. Its like rule #3 when it comes to spending C-Bills and MC.

just an amendment to this, never buy anything full price during the week especially on a Friday before 10am Easten (6pm GMT) I know many people commented they had purchased a Mech with MC then an hour later it was 30-50% cheeper
I rarely visit the store these days as I have plenty of Mechs not yet mastered (about 20 are not even elited yet) so do not need any more for now but a few months ago there was frequently a Hero or Champion Mech at 30-50% off for 24 hours during the week, this was usualy a different selection of Mechs than the weekend sales

also I suggest you wait until "Black Friday" to buy MC, the last 2 years there has been an MC sale on the Black Friday weekend offering something like 30% extra MC for the same money

#15 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:02 PM

Redshift says it all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users