Higher Rewards For Killing Claners

34 replies to this topic

#1 Der Hesse

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 545 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:19 AM

First i have to tell that from my perception most Clan Mechs are much deadlier then their counterparts from the IS (the nerfs of their weapons mostly hit the not so good pilots...the good ones just get even more deadly in Clan Mechs). In my Opinion thats ok, because they should be like in Battletech. But in Battletech they just had higher combatvalues which meant that you could outnumber them.

At the moment it doesnt look like we will get matches that compensate this fact for IS Players. Mostly because the matchmaker wont calculate in which side uses how many Clan Mechs and we dont have IS/Caln with superiour numbers on IS side (and i guess we will nevr see that). At this point you just ruin your stats by not playing Clan Mechs and you dont even get anything in return for beeing their cannonfodder.

So how about IS Players get higher rewards for killing or damaging Clan Mechs?
It would only be fair and award the courage of those challeenging a superior foe.

Even if it would be just temporary until we really get balance (which i doubt will be possible) it would drive away some less players that dont want to take part in the Clan vs. IS bashing that we have atm.

By the way... MWO looses even more players because of the teammatches where you have to bring big teams to not get frustratedly often rolled by 10 or 12 man teams. But thats worth another discussion.

#2 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

There should be salvage rewards based on the value of the salvage so that killing clan mechs would result in higher payouts.

Edited by Jetfire, 26 September 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#3 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:27 AM

There's a new, heavy quirk pass coming to IS mechs. They'll ALL be improved, some more than others, to help level the playing field.

View PostJetfire, on 26 September 2014 - 06:26 AM, said:

There should be salvage rewards based on the value of the salvage so that killing clan mechs would result in higher payouts.

Clan mechs aren't more expensive than tuned IS mechs. Their sticker price is higher, but that's because they come upgraded from the get go.

Basically any IS Light is a 12-14m cbill mech, for example.

#4 Duncan Jr Fischer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 493 posts
  • LocationKyiv

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:30 AM

I don't know.. To me it's enough satisfaction to bring down a clanner in my 'inferior' IS mech. And a Clan mech does not guarantee in itself that it would be harder to destroy. There are mediocre pilots in clan mechs too, and with mediocre builds. Not to mention that the majority of clan mechs are not actually superior at all, as of now.

#5 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:45 AM

I agree with the OP's intent on this. There should be SOMETHING that encourages the usage of IS 'mechs, be it a more sizable cbill or experience award, or something else.

Otherwise the CW is going to end up being IS clan mechs vs CLAN clan mechs.

#6 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

First they ask for the Clans to be neutered into being shadows of their former selves.
Then they ask for bigger rewards for killing a Clanner.
It's a Crusade against the Clans, I tell you. It's a decades-long Crusade.

Posted Image

:ph34r: ... :lol:

Edited by Mystere, 26 September 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#7 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:57 AM

The idea is to make the IS mechs actually on par with the clan mechs. (and I would also suggest making the terrible clan mechs be on par with the non-terrible ones).

Anything that doesn't put crappier mechs on par with the better ones in-game, and rewards their terribleness, will do nothing to really make them useful. It will just provide something to point to as to why the mad cat/ryoken should be better than any of the other mechs in their class, which results in the continuation of a very homogenous launch queue.

So, in short, they're working on making the IS mechs better.

One would hope they actually add in another (or a few more) 75-ton IS mechs to also compete with the Mad Cat, as that's partially the problem. Orion was not tier 1. Throw in a Marauder, Black Knight, Flashman, and then see how it goes.

#8 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 26 September 2014 - 06:45 AM, said:

I agree with the OP's intent on this. There should be SOMETHING that encourages the usage of IS 'mechs, be it a more sizable cbill or experience award, or something else.

CW will never be that way. IS will use IS 'mechs and Clans will use Clan 'mechs.

How ****** up would that have been if they decided to allow the IS to use Clan 'mechs to fight the Clan invasion?

#9 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:39 AM

Interesting idea. While we are at it, can we raise the rewards for light and medium pilots?

#10 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:53 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 September 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

CW will never be that way. IS will use IS 'mechs and Clans will use Clan 'mechs.

How ****** up would that have been if they decided to allow the IS to use Clan 'mechs to fight the Clan invasion?
I believe that eventually IS >>WILL<< be allowed to use Clan 'mechs, and that the Merc units will be allowed to use them first.

Maybe I misunderstood, or PGI has changed their mind on this but, what would be the point of paying hundreds of dollars for Clan packs to not be allowed to use them JUST BECAUSE you happen to chose to play under an IS flag?

That just opens up so much 'bait and switch' issues it's ridiculous.

View PostMarauder3D, on 26 September 2014 - 07:39 AM, said:

Interesting idea. While we are at it, can we raise the rewards for light and medium pilots?
There's much to be said for this, and I really don't pilot lights or mediums all that much.

#11 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

Get rid of AC burst damage and you got a deal.

#12 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:20 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 26 September 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

I believe that eventually IS >>WILL<< be allowed to use Clan 'mechs, and that the Merc units will be allowed to use them first.

Maybe I misunderstood, or PGI has changed their mind on this but, what would be the point of paying hundreds of dollars for Clan packs to not be allowed to use them JUST BECAUSE you happen to chose to play under an IS flag?

That just opens up so much 'bait and switch' issues it's ridiculous.

There's much to be said for this, and I really don't pilot lights or mediums all that much.

They will allow "faction changes" in between seasons of CW.

If you want to use your Clan 'mechs so much switch factions after the first season and use them.

#13 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

IS cant use Clan mechs in CW this has been said about 10 times by Paul and others. Go look at EVERY CW post they ave put up...Salvage MAY come into account but if you guys get to use the Clan weapons then the clans get to Slavage and use the IS PPFLD....

They told everyone this WAAAAAAY ahead of time...if you bought Clan mechs and are in an IS faction you will NOT, i repeat, WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THOSE MECHS IN CW.

I can already hear the QQ and feel the heat from the flames! :lol:

Edited by DarthRevis, 26 September 2014 - 08:28 AM.

#14 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:27 AM

i have a good incentive to use my IS mechs....... its called I like them so i use them
i recently discovered a new love called the Wubmaster 2 LPL 6 MPL (or 5 i cant remember)
i also still have my old loves, my Death knell(171kph ftw!!!), my jagers, my wolverine (i have no clue why), my trebbie and my catapult (first love)
and those are just the ones i get urges to play often i drop in an IS mech at minimum 2 out of ever 5 matches when im not leveling a specific chassi.

oh and while yes i have my duds i have plenty of IS mechs that outperform my clan mechs. my treb and DK are higher KTD ratios then almost all of my clan mechs.

#15 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

omg and how can i forget my Dragon almost a 3.0 KTD ratio

#16 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 26 September 2014 - 08:26 AM, said:

IS cant use Clan mechs in CW this has been said about 10 times by Paul and others. Go look at EVERY CW post they ave put up...Salvage MAY come into account but if you guys get to use the Clan weapons then the clans get to Slavage and use the IS PPFLD....

They told everyone this WAAAAAAY ahead of time...if you bought Clan mechs and are in an IS faction you will NOT, i repeat, WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THOSE MECHS IN CW.

I can already hear the QQ and feel the heat from the flames! :lol:
I may have missed those statements, but last I remember hearing that eventually IS would get the clan 'mechs and that the first IS people to get them would be Mercs, then the house units.

This may have changed, however, even in spite of the "nerfs" you people do your own QQ'ing about the clans have some significant advantages:

1. Being able to survive the loss of a side torso.
2. The burst capabilities of the AC's.
3. The incredibly high crit potential of clan AC's (an IS AC20 gets ONE crit chance, a CLAN AC20 has up to 5 chances to crit).
4. The fact that they get to fight 12v12 instead of the cannon 10v12 and aren't limited to the cannon clan fighting tactics

There's a considerable lack of balance in fighting against the clans with equal weight or equal classes. Ton for ton, IS 'mechs typically have to do MUCH more damage to a Clan 'mech before its destroyed than the opposite.

View PostPh30nix, on 26 September 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

i have a good incentive to use my IS mechs....... its called I like them so i use them
i recently discovered a new love called the Wubmaster 2 LPL 6 MPL (or 5 i cant remember)
i also still have my old loves, my Death knell(171kph ftw!!!), my jagers, my wolverine (i have no clue why), my trebbie and my catapult (first love)
and those are just the ones i get urges to play often i drop in an IS mech at minimum 2 out of ever 5 matches when im not leveling a specific chassi.

oh and while yes i have my duds i have plenty of IS mechs that outperform my clan mechs. my treb and DK are higher KTD ratios then almost all of my clan mechs.
I can understand that, I have similar set of IS favorites myself, here's the problem though:

You're not going to enjoy piloting those old favorites all that much if you're losing over 70% percent of your battles.

After losing gets old, then what?

#17 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 26 September 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

I may have missed those statements, but last I remember hearing that eventually IS would get the clan 'mechs and that the first IS people to get them would be Mercs, then the house units.

This may have changed, however, even in spite of the "nerfs" you people do your own QQ'ing about the clans have some significant advantages:

1. Being able to survive the loss of a side torso.
2. The burst capabilities of the AC's.
3. The incredibly high crit potential of clan AC's (an IS AC20 gets ONE crit chance, a CLAN AC20 has up to 5 chances to crit).
4. The fact that they get to fight 12v12 instead of the cannon 10v12 and aren't limited to the cannon clan fighting tactics

There's a considerable lack of balance in fighting against the clans with equal weight or equal classes. Ton for ton, IS 'mechs typically have to do MUCH more damage to a Clan 'mech before its destroyed than the opposite.

I can understand that, I have similar set of IS favorites myself, here's the problem though:

You're not going to enjoy piloting those old favorites all that much if you're losing over 70% percent of your battles.

After losing gets old, then what?

So much fail in this post...............

1. This is changing soon. Nerfs coming to Clan STs
2. The "burstfire" is what makes Clan ACs SUCK in comparison to the IS. Spreading your damage all over the place looks cool for your damage count put does nothign for killing your opponent quickly and efficiently. Right now the IS has the better PPFLD options.
3. See #2.....the burst fire is still inferior.
4. Most of us really, really wanted 10v12 but the developers have come and said they don't want to spend that kind of time/money on the game to make it work. As far as Zellbriggen is concerned this varied amongst the clans but generally if your opponent did not fight honorably then you would throw it out the window and fight Grand Melee style.

#18 Cyborne Elemental

• 3,952 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

Killing a clan mech and watching it explode while driving my IS clunkers, is reward enough.

I always think of the MW3 intro movie.

"Die Clanner!"

But then.. I'll take a Cbill bonus anyday :D

Edited by Mister D, 26 September 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#19 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 26 September 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

So much fail in this post...............
Nice trolling...

1. This is changing soon. Nerfs coming to Clan STs
Yeah.... Soon™...

2. The "burstfire" is what makes Clan ACs SUCK in comparison to the IS. Spreading your damage all over the place looks cool for your damage count put does nothign for killing your opponent quickly and efficiently. Right now the IS has the better PPFLD options.
Yeah, yeah tell that to all the people boating AC's and pretty much at the very least "insta-maiming" any IS 'mech unlucky enough to be caught "just a bit far" from cover.

Standard BS answer by all lazy ass clan AC lovers "oh it spreads the damage, OH SO MUCH WORSE than IS AC's", yeah... right...

3. See #2.....the burst fire is still inferior.
The second the external armor is open on any IS 'mech clan AC's are registering crits because they're boating 3 or more, and that means upwards of 15 ac shells per round, EACH with it's own chance to crit something.

Yeah, clan AC's are SO bad, that's why I see pretty much nothing but AC boats among the clans... Yeah... Right...

Keep spinning, keep spinning.

4. Most of us really, really wanted 10v12 but the developers have come and said they don't want to spend that kind of time/money on the game to make it work. As far as Zellbriggen is concerned this varied amongst the clans but generally if your opponent did not fight honorably then you would throw it out the window and fight Grand Melee style.
So you see under the current MM limitations and clan targeting freedom clans do have the advantage.

#20 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostDimento Graven, on 26 September 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

Nice trolling...

Yeah.... Soon™...
Yeah, yeah tell that to all the people boating AC's and pretty much at the very least "insta-maiming" any IS 'mech unlucky enough to be caught "just a bit far" from cover.

Standard BS answer by all lazy ass clan AC lovers "oh it spreads the damage, OH SO MUCH WORSE than IS AC's", yeah... right...

The second the external armor is open on any IS 'mech clan AC's are registering crits because they're boating 3 or more, and that means upwards of 15 ac shells per round, EACH with it's own chance to crit something.

Yeah, clan AC's are SO bad, that's why I see pretty much nothing but AC boats among the clans... Yeah... Right...

Keep spinning, keep spinning.

So you see under the current MM limitations and clan targeting freedom clans do have the advantage.

I doubt very much many good players are boating clan ACs. They are basically just troll builds to irritate you with the screenshake and get inflated damage numbers with a low number of kills to show for it. The best clan builds are all laser or LRM boats.

No trolling here, dead serious.

Edited by Kain Thul, 26 September 2014 - 11:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users