A Complement For Pgi, Russ And Mwo Gamers.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:12 AM

Hello Guys. I just started playing seriously about 3/4 weeks ago. Even though I am a founder, I decided to wait until the Daishe was released to spend my time on the game. I spent many hours (and dollars :blink:) the last couple years with World of Tanks and thought it was finally time to take advantage of my founders assets with MWO. Anyhow, since I started playing regularly, I've started visiting the forums regularly. I understand I've missed some rocky times between the player base and IGP/Piranha. After reading a fair bit, its seems IGP was a major stumbling block.......Well, I missed all that, but I gotta say since I've started spending my time here, which has been relatively short, I've never seen a developer so interactive with the player base. Everywhere I look on the forums, Russ is interacting with the player base and seems to be bending over backwards to set things straight. The anniversary gifts were tremendous! I'm kinda left speechless with the level of interactiveness/cooperation between Piranha and the player base.

This post in no way is meant to minimize the difficulties the player base has experienced over the last couple years. I recognize that I was not actively involved during that time.

But I have to say, the short while I have been here, as stated above, I'm really impressed. I know I'm the new guy and I have missed much and that I have a lot to learn, but I'm happy to be here. Just thought I would share my thoughts on what seems to be the fresh new look for MWO customer relations.

Also, I find the community in general to be very patient, supportive and KNOWLEDGABLE! You guys have been very helpful and understanding responding to my posts. I really look forward to spending a lot of time (and money) in a game where the developer and players are working so close with eachother!

Thanks again and happy gaming :)

#2 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

Good post. Would read again. :)

#3 Kilrein

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Agreed. Since PGI took sole control the communication has been outstanding, please Russ and team, keep it up!

#4 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:32 AM

A lot of us have been frustrated by the communications in the last few years. There have been periods of good comms followed by silences for months.

I too hope this is different and IGP was the root cause of the issues. Maybe they were. Things DO appear to be different, and I am encouraged.

But there are a lot of folks who may not be quite as positive because of the history. it is understandable.

#5 SI The Joker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 728 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:24 AM

Great time to start playing MWO especially if you have all those mechs to play around with!

Welcome!

#6 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

I can relate. I was excited when they were looking for contributors that a new Mechwarrior was coming so I gave the maximum amount. Closed Beta didn't really do much for me and I don't like IS 'mechs anyway (well, not until some they get in the 3060s) so I figured I'd just come in whenever the invasion started. I stopped checking after a while due to the lack of progress but when I talked with a friend that I used to play MW4: Mercenaries with a lot about a month ago it reminded me to check in and I saw that the clan 'mechs were available so here I am as well.

Hopefully we've come at just the right time!

I know I've been playing constantly for almost a month now--I've mastered all 3 variants of the following chassis already:

Timberwolf
Direwolf
Stormcrow
Nova
Adder

Edited by Kain Thul, 26 September 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#7 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

I'd just like to point out to new people who haven lived through the drama with PGI. I don't believe for 1 second that all the bad was IGP's fault. PGI has a history of blaming folks out side their organization for things that went bad. They also have a habit of amping up communications and promises whenever they are selling a new mech pack. While I am willing to give them a fourth or fifth chance (they are well past second chances) I wouldn't assume the worst is behind us. Once this latest sale passes and if PGI continues to act like the customer actually matters when they don't have their hands out for a new pack I may believe this is new era. Sadly, this has happened before and PGI is in a bit of a pickle due to Transverse flopping in an epic manner, so I am leery that this is simply damage control.
As I said, I'm holding off on judgement, but don't let a lot of talk and give aways when they are in dire straits fool you. They have blamed others, talked a lot, promised CW in 90 days before. The one thing that is common is mech packs being on sale. If they follow through, great. Just don't fall for the IGP did all that bad stuff without remembering PGI is selling and they always talk a lot during that time. It's when delivery is due that people seem to be on vacation or some "unforeseen" issues come up.

#8 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

Welcome back......Don't kill me in any matches. :)

#9 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

View PostDorion, on 26 September 2014 - 09:12 AM, said:

Thanks again and happy gaming :)

Russ? Is that you?!?!?!?!?!?

;)

#10 DONTOR

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

(Insert slow clap meme here)

Well done sir.

#11 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 September 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

I don't believe for 1 second that all the bad was IGP's fault. PGI has a history of blaming folks out side their organization for things that went bad. They also have a habit of amping up communications and promises whenever they are selling a new mech pack.

As I said, I'm holding off on judgement,

lol, doesn't really sound like it, TBH.

But hey, people do have a right to be unimpressed or leery.

That said, to compare their communication to any other time in 2013 or even 2014 is straight up inaccurate. They did increase comms before sales or "events", but never remotely to this degree. Their actions, through all of 2014 are far better than 2013, and in the last month, essentially unprecedented.

The last time there was this level of communication was early Closed Beta.

What happens next, who knows? But let's at least give the amount of credit due, instead of praising with faint damns.

#12 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:17 AM

Posted Image

...one does not simply complement PGI on this forum!

Edited by Budor, 26 September 2014 - 11:18 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users