#21 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 26 September 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

I used to agree with this, until I noticed how expensive for C-Bills/MC the clam mechs were individually. In those terms, the Clam packs were the better deal.

This is still way overpriced imo. Remember the days when we complained about M$'s mech paks for MW4 being too expensive.....the ones that gave you a new weapon type, 4 mechs, and retailed around $13.....those were the days. Now you are lucky if a single mech costs less than $13.

Not really, the Cbill costs is actually in line...

Note this is a purely joke build...

RVN-3L
Vs.
KFX-PRIME

If you look at the C-bills cost the Kit Fox comes out with a significant savings...

just the raven you can upgrade as the C-bills come, rather than pony them all up at the start.

#22 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 26 September 2014 - 10:30 AM, said:

I used to agree with this, until I noticed how expensive for C-Bills/MC the clam mechs were individually. In those terms, the Clam packs were the better deal.

This is still way overpriced imo. Remember the days when we complained about M$'s mech paks for MW4 being too expensive.....the ones that gave you a new weapon type, 4 mechs, and retailed around $13.....those were the days. Now you are lucky if a single mech costs less than $13.

Ah yes, those were the days. A 24 case of Mt dew cost $5. Gas was between $1 and $2. Back then you could take your girlfriend out for a nice date for under $50.

Man, inflation sucks...

#23 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostDracol, on 26 September 2014 - 10:44 AM, said:

Ah yes, those were the days. A 24 case of Mt dew cost $5. Gas was between $1 and $2. Back then you could take your girlfriend out for a nice date for under $50.

Man, inflation sucks...

Man you Americans had it good.... last time I remember gas being under a $1.00/liter (4.5 liters per gallon roughly) in Canada was in the late 90's early 2000's...

#24 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

View PostKilrein, on 26 September 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

While most of the player base that engages in derogatory comments don't visit the forums, the whining and gnashing of teeth about people who buy the packages has got to stop.

It's all about relative value people. I do not dispute that the $$ for some of the packages is expensive to some. But just because a player can afford it doesn't make them better or worse than you. I've put more than $1500 into this game in the last 2 years. Am I better than any of you? Nope, I just make a very good salary and this is the only game I play so the value is there and the cost is negligible to me.

Just have to chuckle at the players who feel that they have to tear down those players that chose to spend money on this game, not realizing that those wallet warriors are the ones that enable people who chose not to spend much or any $$ on the game to actually PLAY THE GAME FOR FREE. It's everyone's choice on how to spend their money. Just be thankful that PGI keeps this as a free to play so everyone still has that choice.

So next time you see someone in a gold mech, a founders tag or driving a mad dog, please take the time to thank them for supporting this game.

If they are on the other team, is it ok if I thank them with a PPS or two? :huh: :lol:

#25 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,543 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:50 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 September 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

If you look at the C-bills cost the Kit Fox comes out with a significant savings...

just the raven you can upgrade as the C-bills come, rather than pony them all up at the start.

Not the C-Bill/MC cost ratio I was looking at.

The Phoenix was $80 for 12 variants, which we will say are an average of 6 mil per variant. For every $1 you spent, you got around 900,000 C-Bills.
The Masakari was $240 for 24 variants, which we will say are an average of 12 mil per variant. For every $1 you spent, you got around 1,200,000 C-Bills.

Thus why I said the Masakari had the better deal, because you were getting more in-game value for your dollar than with the Phoenix.

#26 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 September 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

Man you Americans had it good.... last time I remember gas being under a $1.00/liter (4.5 liters per gallon roughly) in Canada was in the late 90's early 2000's...

I probably should have put it as "between $1 and $2 a gallon". Between '98 and '00 gas doubled in Chicago from $1 to $2 a gallon. So, for 1 litter, it would have cost $4.5 to $9.....

I'm thinking their is a translation error some where. You canadians and your newfangled math :)

#27 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostWM Quicksilver, on 26 September 2014 - 10:50 AM, said:

Not the C-Bill/MC cost ratio I was looking at.

The Phoenix was $80 for 12 variants, which we will say are an average of 6 mil per variant. For every $1 you spent, you got around 900,000 C-Bills.
The Masakari was $240 for 24 variants, which we will say are an average of 12 mil per variant. For every $1 you spent, you got around 1,200,000 C-Bills.

Thus why I said the Masakari had the better deal, because you were getting more in-game value for your dollar than with the Phoenix.

Ahh, Well let's wait and see what each of the mechs in the Masakari (War Hawk) pack go for C-bill wise, once they are all availbe, as the Dire Wolves push it up a lot....

DWF-Prime (17.9m)
DWF-A (17.2m)
DWF-B (17.9m)

And they were all part of the pack...

#28 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,543 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostDracol, on 26 September 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

I probably should have put it as "between $1 and $2 a gallon". Between '98 and '00 gas doubled in Chicago from $1 to $2 a gallon. So, for 1 litter, it would have cost $4.5 to $9.....

I'm thinking their is a translation error some where. You canadians and your newfangled math :)

1 liter, would have cost $0.22 to $0.44. ($1 / 1 gallon) * (1 gallon / 4.5 liter) = $1 / 4.5 liter

#29 Kilrein

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostPh30nix, on 26 September 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

if people want to spend money i have no problem with it i do too when i think the deal is worth it or i am drunk and have my CC handy.

but people need to also learn to stop bashing those people who believe the costs of the virtual goods are a bit excessive

I don't bash anyone for how they feel about how they view the value but by that same token, why is it ok to bash those who don't agree with your view of the value? Don't like it? Don't buy it but respect my determination that the value is there for me. I don't deride someone for not buying, as I have no idea how much money they make, what their obligations are etc....

You really can't have it both ways. It can't be ok to bash those who buy and it not ok to bash those who don't buy.

Personally, I don't bash either.

But it costs $12 to see a 2 hour movie. That's $6/hr to be entertained. I've put over $1500 into this game so to break even at that same rate I need to have played 250 hours. I guarantee that I have about 4 times that so my entertainment dollar is going much farther with mwo.

#30 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,543 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 September 2014 - 10:54 AM, said:

Ahh, Well let's wait and see what each of the mechs in the Masakari (War Hawk) pack go for C-bill wise, once they are all availbe, as the Dire Wolves push it up a lot....

DWF-Prime (17.9m)
DWF-A (17.2m)
DWF-B (17.9m)

And they were all part of the pack...

I have all the prices thanks to MC->C-Bill ratios and the public test. Only 3 chassis are under 10mil, (Nova, Kit Fox, Adder), the SCrow is around 11 mil, and the rest are 14 mil and greater so 12 sounds about right.

#31 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

Nope, that's about right. Gas right now is $1.29 / liter where I am, my faimly taxi that I drive every day ran me $60 to fill from half a tank yesterday....

The sad part is, the exchange rate between the US $ and the Canadian Dollar is $1 Canadian is worth $0.89 USD....

#32 Mothykins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

you're going the wrong way. There are more litres in a gallon. So, you are paying less than $0.50 a litre.

Current cost in Vancouver, where PGI is, happens to be $1.50 per litre. So about $6.75 a gallon here right now.

The lowest i remember is $0.70 a litre.

Value. :/

#33 5LeafClover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 317 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostCorduroy Rab, on 26 September 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

On the other side I don't think free-to-players really owe those of us who have paid any thanks since they provide more people to shoot than the game would have without a free-to-play model. I have a hard time accepting that this game would have much of a future (or would have made it this far) if it was a full pay to play game.

I actually think this is a key part of the F2P model. The F2P-ers are volunteering their services to provide advanced AI (though this is sometimes questionable), saving the developers having to deal with the AI aspect of a game.

#34 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:48 AM

View Post5LeafClover, on 26 September 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

I actually think this is a key part of the F2P model. The F2P-ers are volunteering their services to provide advanced AI (though this is sometimes questionable), saving the developers having to deal with the AI aspect of a game.

That actually made me smirk. There are times where I think MWO should require an IQ test before being able to d/l the client of this game.

#35 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 September 2014 - 11:48 AM, said:

That actually made me smirk. There are times where I think MWO should require an IQ test before being able to d/l the client of this game.

I say the same thing about drivers license, but nobody ever listens.

#36 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:27 PM

View PostDracol, on 26 September 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

I say the same thing about drivers license, but nobody ever listens.

Heh, we had a bit of a scandal about those up here a few years back, apparently ICBC (our version of the DMV for you) had been selling drivers license in Richmond B.C. to people that just came over from Hong Kong... After driving in Richmond a few times, I can totally see that!

#37 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 September 2014 - 12:27 PM, said:

Heh, we had a bit of a scandal about those up here a few years back, apparently ICBC (our version of the DMV for you) had been selling drivers license in Richmond B.C. to people that just came over from Hong Kong... After driving in Richmond a few times, I can totally see that!

Reminds me of the corruption scandal back in Chicago where truck licenses were being sold to anyone with the cash. After a few fatal accidents thankfully the DA came down hard on the Mayor's office. Very tragic.

#38 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:41 PM

Every time I see a gold mech still alive at the end of a match I congratulate him on the survive. :)

The Gold mech is the only thing I haven't bought in this game (and only because I couldn't afford the following divorce).

#39 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 26 September 2014 - 12:58 PM

View PostKilrein, on 26 September 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Just have to chuckle at the players who feel that they have to tear down those players that chose to spend money on this game, not realizing that those wallet warriors are the ones that enable people who chose not to spend much or any $$ on the game to actually PLAY THE GAME FOR FREE. It's everyone's choice on how to spend their money. Just be thankful that PGI keeps this as a free to play so everyone still has that choice.

So next time you see someone in a gold mech, a founders tag or driving a mad dog, please take the time to thank them for supporting this game.

I'm not going to be grateful to you, ever, because the way I see it is that your support enables companies like PGI to continue screwing up and overcharging out the ass for low value content instead of actually fixing their game.

EDIT for clarity: I'm not really going to blame people for getting hype about the game and buying founder's packages (even if it seems pretty expensive for what you got out of it...) and I imagine the game probably wouldn't have gone anywhere really without monetary support at that point so I guess it's cool that people chipped in, but continued support after the founders' period just makes me think less of your opinion if anything to be honest.

Edited by Pjwned, 26 September 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#40 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

I still think they could do better selling stuff cheaper and getting more sales. But BT has never been a super popular franchise but it does have devoted fans, many older so with more cash. So I guess their logic makes some sense. Though I think lowering MC prices of regular mechs would still help. I would probably buy a bunch of mechs if they were only a few bucks.

View PostMetus regem, on 26 September 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

America has a different gallon though (you know because nothing can be simple :) ). 3.785L to a gallon in America. And yeah early 2000's is when cheap gas ended just about every where I believe (well except places that have it subsidized I suppose)

Edited by dario03, 26 September 2014 - 01:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users