Navigating U.i. 2.0

4 replies to this topic

#1 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

Well, I've come back to the game after a few months away, and I am really disappointed that two things still exist... Gauss Rifle charge, and U.I. 2.0 :P

But, improvements do seem to have been made in the UI, as I stumbled into a part of it that lets me see which mechs have my modules in them. Still haven't found one for where my engines are...

But, I'm not here to complain, I'm here to ask a question, that turns into a suggestion if the answer is no :P

In the mech customization screens, the weapons, modules, and such are listed in a grid view, which quite literally gives me a headache to navigate x.x At the top left corner of the screen, there is a button for toggling between list, and grid view... But it doesn't seem to work? Is this only for certain screens, is there a menu option? I'd really like to put it back to easy to search text, than giant complicated pictograms...

Also, is there a way to see the entirety of what is equipped on the mech WHILE customizing it, rather than having to leave the cuatomizing screen to try to pull up the screen that shows loadout, and try to remember when we go back in? Or having to look at each mech part individually?

These may seem like minor thongs, but they REALLY make customizing my mech MUCH more difficult for me than it was in the olden days. The original UI had its problems, and 2.0 fixed a lot of them, but broke a lot of what worked, in my opinion...

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 26 September 2014 - 11:01 AM.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

I'm not sure if there is a feature suggestion in there. Moving to New Player Help for now!

#3 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:32 PM

I agree the UI1.x Mechlab was easier to use
I have not yet found a way to change from the huge icons to a simple list view,

the closest you can get to seeing the whole Mech while customizing is clocking on the Mech details screen, then after seeing the whole load-out, the back button will take you back to the Loadout screen.
it is planned to turn the Mech Details screen into a functional Mechlab, but I think this is on hold until Community Warfare Phase 2 is out (by the end of the year)

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 September 2014 - 11:55 PM

You get used to it. The mech details button helps a lot.

#5 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

I go through the all of the UI in these. Hope it helps. https://www.youtube....zNViBM9F3irlt51

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users