12 replies to this topic

#1 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:32 PM

will we see the Clan Atlas II, this would be a must have mech Posted Image

Edited by SgtMagor, 26 September 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#2 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:44 PM

Don't expect to see Non-Omni clan mechs for a while.

#3 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 26 September 2014 - 03:32 PM, said:

will we see the Clan Atlas II, this would be a must have mech Posted Image

It is not a Clan 'Mech, though all existing Atlas IIs left with with Kerensky. Considering they were not exactly common in the first place on top of all the internecine fighting amongst the Clans and the Atlas II may very well be extinct within the Clans at this point in the timeline.

#4 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 26 September 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

It is not a Clan 'Mech, though all existing Atlas IIs left with with Kerensky. Considering they were not exactly common in the first place on top of all the internecine fighting amongst the Clans and the Atlas II may very well be extinct within the Clans at this point in the timeline.

"These 'Mechs are prized by the Clans when they were found. One such 'Mech was spotted in 3052 during the Battle of Tukayyid"

Not quite extinct but close enough.

#5 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

If you want to get technical, the Atlas II is Inner Sphere tech.

and not really that different from some of the highly upgraded atlai we already have in game, other than hardpoint locations.

although i would love to see some IIC versions trickle in as time goes on, not sure how they will fit into the whole 3 chassis problem

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/IIC

Edited by KamikazeRat, 26 September 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#6 Scratx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

View PostKamikazeRat, on 26 September 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

If you want to get technical, the Atlas II is Inner Sphere tech.

and not really that different from some of the highly upgraded atlai we already have in game, other than hardpoint locations.

although i would love to see some IIC versions trickle in as time goes on, not sure how they will fit into the whole 3 chassis problem

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/IIC

The bigger problem is that they'll be using clan-tech without any of the omnimech restrictions that keep many of the current clan-mechs down. Imagine IS mech construction rules... except using CLAN-TECH.

#7 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 26 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostScratx, on 26 September 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

The bigger problem is that they'll be using clan-tech without any of the omnimech restrictions that keep many of the current clan-mechs down. Imagine IS mech construction rules... except using CLAN-TECH.

Yep. Every time there's a new "I want a Kodiak" thread, I shudder; it would be clan weapons with whatever size engine you wanted, endo and ferro optional, and no moving pods around which means lots of hardpoints...

#8 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

View Postaniviron, on 26 September 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

Yep. Every time there's a new "I want a Kodiak" thread, I shudder; it would be clan weapons with whatever size engine you wanted, endo and ferro optional, and no moving pods around which means lots of hardpoints...

And much happiness to all of the Atlas pilots, the mech needs some lovin, and this would surely help :)

#9 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

View PostSgtMagor, on 27 September 2014 - 08:35 AM, said:

And much happiness to all of the Atlas pilots, the mech needs some lovin, and this would surely help :)

Atlas II is weaksauce, and would just be a regular atlas with the ballistic on the arm. We're getting atlas S next month, which will obsolete all other atlases.

#10 Reitrix

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 27 September 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Atlas II is weaksauce, and would just be a regular atlas with the ballistic on the arm. We're getting atlas S next month, which will obsolete all other atlases.

Cos camo is OP?

#11 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostReitrix, on 27 September 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Cos camo is OP?

Based on looking it up on Sarna, the AS7-S is the same as an AS7-D but with double heat sinks stock, and two SSRM2s. So the AS7-S will be an AS7-D with more missiles and probably only one ballistic slot for the AC20. I'd guess the standard build will become 4-5x SRM6 + AC20 + 2ml.

#12 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

View PostScratx, on 26 September 2014 - 08:57 PM, said:

Well if they ever do implement the ability to salvage each others tech. Maybe then it won't matter.

Or they'll just come up with some special rules for it. More likely scenario for preserving balance.

Edited by Tezcatli, 27 September 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#13 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostTezcatli, on 27 September 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

Well if they ever do implement the ability to salvage each others tech. Maybe then it won't matter.

Or they'll just come up with some special rules for it. More likely scenario for preserving balance.

I hope they never implement mixtech, all OmniMechs would become hopelessly obsolete overnight. Locked equipment is part of the balancing of Clan tech. Removing that will create all sorts of monster Mechs that people really do not want to see.

As for IIC Mechs, I wouldn't have a problem with locked engines. Those with missing variants due to timeline for just hardpoint similarities, I wouldnt mind if PGI made a variant with the same spirit as the other configs, but I know my view on that is definitely not shared by all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users