2 replies to this topic

#1 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

I couldn't find anything about this so I made a post my self.

The mad dog's engine heat sinks seem to run hot, I went into the testing ground and fired off 4x ERML and it generated up to 39% heat consistently, so I moved onto test this on the dire wolf with 4x ERML and just the engine sinks, it generated 36% heat consistently and dissipated at a much faster rate. in the mech lab the Mad Dog shows a heat scale of 1.19 where as the Dire Wolf shows 1.29.

NOTE: both my Mad Dog and Dire Wolf DO NOT have skill tree unlocks, they are completely fresh.

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 26 September 2014 - 06:41 PM

The Mad dog has 12 mandatory heat sinks. (all in the engine plus the 2 engine slots)

The Dire Wolf has 15 mandatory heat sinks.(engine, 2 engine slots, 3 more external hardwired heatsinks)

If you strip them both down to the minimum hardwired equipment and add 4 ERML the Dire Wolf has moreheatsinks so fo course it has better heat efficiency. Add three more heatsinks, and check the quirks (Dire Wolf Prime arms have longer cooldown for energy weapons, longer cooldown will mean higher heat efficiency)

#3 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 26 September 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

The Mad dog has 12 mandatory heat sinks. (all in the engine plus the 2 engine slots)

The Dire Wolf has 15 mandatory heat sinks.(engine, 2 engine slots, 3 more external hardwired heatsinks)

If you strip them both down to the minimum hardwired equipment and add 4 ERML the Dire Wolf has moreheatsinks so fo course it has better heat efficiency. Add three more heatsinks, and check the quirks (Dire Wolf Prime arms have longer cooldown for energy weapons, longer cooldown will mean higher heat efficiency)

derp i completly neglected the ficed heat sinks :P ty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users