Need Suggestions

8 replies to this topic

#1 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

Since PGI is going to give me an Atlas and a centurion as anniversary gifts, I need suggestions on what other atlas and cent variants you guys would recommend and why.

I haven't owned or piloted any variants of either chassis (predominantly a light and medium pilot) so any input would be appreciated.

#2 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

Cents: A and AL

Grind yourself those and a XL275 while waiting,AL works as a beam lo wang(2 LPL/PPC + 2 medium lasers),and the A as a SRM-bomber with ASRM18 + 2 medium lasers with that engine(plenty of ammo too).
Cent is surprisingly tanky with XL-engine,just remember to torso twist like a madman.

(Buying a XL260 or 255 might be wiser tho,since the AH might have a smaller engine cap,if its true to the original closed beta variant)

#3 RangerGee412

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 308 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

For atlases you should def get the DDC because of ecm, and I like the D varient because it has 2 ballistic slots. Cant help you with the cents, gotta do those myself and only have one so far

#4 Votanin FleshRender

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 518 posts
  • Location3rd rock from the Sun

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:14 AM

I only had the Wang for the Cents, but I was under the impression they were good zombie mechs, so I never put an XL in it. XL in Cents is a good idea? I know speed = good, but....?

Atlases... obviously DDC is a must, after which I think the D gives the most flexibility. I've got the BH too, and have had the best game I've ever had in MWO in it, for whatever that's worth. 300 STD engines are ok, but I prefer 325 or 350. 350 gives you over 60 kph tweaked.

#5 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostVotanin FleshRender, on 27 September 2014 - 08:14 AM, said:

XL in Cents is a good idea? I know speed = good, but....?

Yes it is in this current situation,i rather have better cooling,more ammo and higher alpha-strike than increased survivability that you cannot use since you either run out of ammo constantly or have laughable firepower.

In the old days STD-engines were more viable.

And sponge,ALWAYS REMEMBER TO OPEN THOSE MISSILE BAY DOORS

#6 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:36 AM

View PostCookiemonter669, on 27 September 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

Yes it is in this current situation,i rather have better cooling,more ammo and higher alpha-strike than increased survivability that you cannot use since you either run out of ammo constantly or have laughable firepower.

In the old days STD-engines were more viable.

And sponge,ALWAYS REMEMBER TO OPEN THOSE MISSILE BAY DOORS

don't closed doors give you like 10% more damage reduction?

#7 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 27 September 2014 - 08:36 AM, said:

don't closed doors give you like 10% more damage reduction?

if you can deal with the delay,keep them closed,but most likely you will be missing half of your shots with them closed,at least when fighting lights and other fast moving targets.

#8 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

The D-DC is the king of the Atlases, due entirely to ECM. The RS and D are about equal. The K is kind of a waste of c-bills unless you really want twin AMS. Only good thing I can really say about the K is that it comes with a 300 XL that you can drop into a Jenner, Catapult, or any of the 55-ton mechs to good results.

The Cents are all decent mechs, their only real shortfall being a lack of jump jets. The CN9-A makes a good all'rounder or SRM brawler. The AL is a decent energy boat. The D has a stupid high engine cap, but even the stock 300 XL (see my notes on the Atlas K above) works well in it. The Yen-Lo-Wang is the fastest practical AC20 Inner Sphere mech in the game, and right now is one of the best Hero mechs available.

#9 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

so the Cent A and L
and atlas D-DC and D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users