25 replies to this topic

#21 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,543 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 27 September 2014 - 11:17 PM

You know what would make the Summoner awesome, basic customization (at least).

70 ton mechs running 81kph (5/8 for you TT nerds) have the same amount of pod space as a 75 ton mech running 81kph, if they have the same armor/internal type that is until you start maximizing your armor. Unfortunately the Summoner is lacking Endo and has hardwired hoverjets that keep it from being a rival to the Timber Wolf.

#22 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:21 AM

View PostKodiak Jorgensson, on 27 September 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

thanks for adding nothing to the discussion maybe next time you'll save those typing skills and post something constructive.

perhaps im sick of seeing the same garbage over and over again

you all want the clan mechs and weapons from lore but you dont want any of the drawbacks of being clanners.

You have a heavy mech thats not as awesome as the timberwolf, but its still better than the IS mechs

Suck it up

#23 FatYak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:25 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 27 September 2014 - 06:14 PM, said:

Which is it better than?

It's worse than the Jaeg, Cataphract, I daresay Catapult (but that might be pushing it), Orion.

That leaves the QuickDraw, ThunderBolt, and Dragon. 60s and a 65 tonner. For a 70 ton Clan mech, that's pretty sad.

I meant to say the 3 IS heavies that are played most...being the orion, catafract and jager. The catapult doesnt have its niche as an LRM boat because of the way you can stack any size LRM launcher in in any size LRM slot (i.e. makes no sense being able to fit an LRM 20 in a 6 tube launcher)

Dragon CT has never really been any good, and suffers terribly now we have even more dakka on a single mech

Thunderbolts are almost non existant

quickdraw the same

in any case, the summoner can best any of these mechs with ease, with the exception of the jager

#24 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 12:33 AM

reminded readers 3~ times what the post address, the topic, underlining issues and not to go off topic.
+1 for that. i understand why you did it :) sad to say it still doesn't work.

here is an idea that might be really out there.
the summoner has 8 ton dedicated to jj and dhs, that's a lot of weight. how about letting it have some tonnage back from the dhs and give it the option to put on more armour.

this way you have a "unique" clan heavy that has less hard points for tankiness.

Edited by King Arthur IV, 28 September 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#25 Kodiak Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 935 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

View PostFatYak, on 28 September 2014 - 12:21 AM, said:

perhaps im sick of seeing the same garbage over and over again

you all want the clan mechs and weapons from lore but you dont want any of the drawbacks of being clanners.

You have a heavy mech thats not as awesome as the timberwolf, but its still better than the IS mechs

Suck it up

first off no one is forcing you to read the thread, so either move on or post something constructive and meaningful that we can discuss.

secondly every chassis deserves a place in this game I.S & Clan, and lets face any chassis that mounts JJ is a terrible, until the JJ system gets overhauled neither I.S or Clan jump capable chassis can claim a place of their own.

Edited by Kodiak Jorgensson, 28 September 2014 - 04:47 AM.

#26 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

Kitfox is fine.
It is very versatile and can load some firepower at the expense of speed. Magic Jesus Box tends to absolve any sins anyhow. Best played like a pocket medium who is already cored. Cautious, and sneaky...like a fox.

Nova, well, the Nerf police went all Rodney King on this guy. It WAS a boater's boat. Will the Buff Nurse cure his wounds? Unlikely.
Its a solid mech, i can average 400+ damage games and 1-2 kills consistently in Pugandia.
Profile is too big and i dont really like any of its ballistic options.
Just dont lead a push in a Nova, play clean-up or corner poke.

Summoner...i want to like. I like the way it handles and feels, i just cant find a loadout i like.
I do ok with lrm45 and 2erml...but i dont like lrm.
With a generous quirk pass and gifts from the Buff Nurse, Summon could be a pocket-jump-bralwer/sniper. Victor lite, perhaps?
It just cant boat anything other than missiles, which makes me sad panda.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users