Please Delete Or Lock This Thread.

561 replies to this topic

#541 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

At this time we are willing to take wolf pilots on in our training program but would prefer interested pilots join our IS first to earn mechbays and experience. This is a way to gain immediate entry into the unit while still getting the mechbays you will need. You can always make the flip to the wolf unit later.

#542 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:07 PM

We're willing to take on a few dedicated cadets once again. We have a hold time of a month to make sure you are interested in the game but we are willing to take on pilots of any skill level.

#543 0I0

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:03 PM

I friended you and replied in your other topic, my question is what is this holding you talk about? My primary goal is to have active CW drops. I already have a clan drop deck all fleshed out ( double timber ebon jag and arctic cheetah, or dire timber storm crow and cheetah). I was doing ghost bear for a bit because it looked like wolf was pretty dead (took a break for a bit to play ark). Buy if you guys are guys are planning on taking planets, I'm game to run with you.

Also if your not taking direct invites that's fine, I'm not interested in fleshing out my IS drop decks yet.

Edited by 0I0, 16 February 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#544 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:32 PM

View Post0I0, on 16 February 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

I friended you and replied in your other topic, my question is what is this holding you talk about? My primary goal is to have active CW drops. I already have a clan drop deck all fleshed out ( double timber ebon jag and arctic cheetah, or dire timber storm crow and cheetah). I was doing ghost bear for a bit because it looked like wolf was pretty dead (took a break for a bit to play ark). Buy if you guys are guys are planning on taking planets, I'm game to run with you.

Also if your not taking direct invites that's fine, I'm not interested in fleshing out my IS drop decks yet.

Don't bring Assaults to CW, unless they can do 78kph.

We are really waiting for phase 3, but we still drop CW daily in groups.

#545 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

View Post0I0, on 16 February 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

If Blueduck does not respond, send me a friend request. I will be logged into MWO around 8:00PM CST tonight. I have a couple other potential recruits to talk to tonight and would be able to answer all your questions tonight.

#546 0I0

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 16 February 2016 - 02:32 PM, said:

Don't bring Assaults to CW, unless they can do 78kph.

We are really waiting for phase 3, but we still drop CW daily in groups.

Ya I gotcha, I was running with a merc CW group that wanted an assault for the initial drop. I saw it's merits but the speed made initial pocket form up take too long.

#547 0I0

• PipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 60 posts
  • LocationSacramento, Ca

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:42 PM

View PostGruinhardt, on 16 February 2016 - 03:09 PM, said:

If Blueduck does not respond, send me a friend request. I will be logged into MWO around 8:00PM CST tonight. I have a couple other potential recruits to talk to tonight and would be able to answer all your questions tonight.

Sounds good, just looking for a dedicated clan CW group. My primary is Wolf, but as I already stated I'm with ghost bear since they actually had some CW gains. To the prior posters point I have mastered timbers and ebon jags, so I can field a competent vanilla deck.

#548 Tarvitz Phaeron

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 11:57 AM

Good afternoon everyone.

I was recommended to this clan. Before we proceed let me give you a couple of heads up in regards to my background, I'm 32, currently work and study. I think I got at least the basics and wont do things like alpha strike you in the back or shut off in the middle of a battle and am good following strategies.

My only issue is time since I can only play at the most around 1 hour each day, however I've got more availability during the weekends.

What are your requirements?

Thank you.

#549 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 03:07 PM

Our only requirement is be willing to get on TS and work as a team. We expect everyone wants to work toward effective builds and improved piloting skill but we have no requirements in regards to activity.

Work and family come first in our unit.

#550 Shoopthewoop

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:21 PM

hello i'm looking to join a wolf clan. i'm playing as a missle boat with a timber wolf. working on getting a 2nd meck set for def on other gun boats.

#551 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:09 PM

We are willing to take cadets on at this point. There is a one month hold period before you join the unit to make sure you are really interested in the game and unit.

Stop by our TS and we can help you get setup.

#552 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:22 AM

View PostShoopthewoop, on 19 February 2016 - 07:21 PM, said:

hello i'm looking to join a wolf clan. i'm playing as a missle boat with a timber wolf. working on getting a 2nd meck set for def on other gun boats.

Missile boats are generally useless in CW and we discourage them from being used. Direct damage by direct fire is best. Though SRM are much better due to them being direct and quick turn over.

#553 Shoopthewoop

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:15 AM

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 20 February 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

Missile boats are generally useless in CW and we discourage them from being used. Direct damage by direct fire is best. Though SRM are much better due to them being direct and quick turn over.

dont see why been doing very well in games where i have back up.

#554 Star Wolves Admin Account

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:22 AM

The key is damage spread across the team, which lrm boats do not do.

We'll help get you outfitted with mechs that can do the damage and help the team the best. Stop by our TS if you'd like to learn how.

#555 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 20 February 2016 - 02:13 PM

View PostShoopthewoop, on 20 February 2016 - 09:15 AM, said:

dont see why been doing very well in games where i have back up.

If you are talking about quick games then I am sure you are, but CW team play is a completely different game to that or even solo drops.

You might get damage but the pace is much faster for group CW.

#556 Knight_Invictus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

Blueduck,

I'm interested in checking out Star Wolves. I've played MWO since Beta. Favorite game. I'm an average player. I favor Heavies and Assaults, but can play anything. Prefer Clan, but play IS too. I'm pretty easy going and just like to play to have fun, winning is always good of course. I'm a team player. Play about 1/2 to 1 hour weekday evenings and Saturdays. Sometimes Sunday afternoons.

I've got the teamspeak server on my teamspeak. Just need a password I guess.

Let me know next steps when time permits.

Thanks,

Knight4Him

#557 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 01:28 PM

View PostKnight4Him, on 27 February 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

Blueduck,

I'm interested in checking out Star Wolves. I've played MWO since Beta. Favorite game. I'm an average player. I favor Heavies and Assaults, but can play anything. Prefer Clan, but play IS too. I'm pretty easy going and just like to play to have fun, winning is always good of course. I'm a team player. Play about 1/2 to 1 hour weekday evenings and Saturdays. Sometimes Sunday afternoons.

I've got the teamspeak server on my teamspeak. Just need a password I guess.

Let me know next steps when time permits.

Thanks,

Knight4Him

No password is required. Our TS is push to talk. Once you are in, someone will have to assign permissions for you to move out of lobby. If Blue does not get back to you, send me a friend invite. I will be playing sometime later tonight after 8:00PM CST.

#558 Zerberus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 12 March 2016 - 03:49 PM

After seeing a few of you play and talking with a few (and recently getting into an unfortunate hairball with one) on these forums, it sounds interesting... more or less right up my alley from a general gameplay /unit philosophy perspective.

However, in the process of doing my due diligence, I noticed something: You may want to update your website in the OP to link directly to http://www.starwolfgaming.com/forum/ , unless that´s an intentional move to weed out a certain subset of players (which I would probably be a huge fan of)
CHeers, I´ll keep in touch Posted Image

Edited by Zerberus, 12 March 2016 - 03:51 PM.

#559 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

View PostZerberus, on 12 March 2016 - 03:49 PM, said:

After seeing a few of you play and talking with a few (and recently getting into an unfortunate hairball with one) on these forums, it sounds interesting... more or less right up my alley from a general gameplay /unit philosophy perspective.

However, in the process of doing my due diligence, I noticed something: You may want to update your website in the OP to link directly to http://www.starwolfgaming.com/forum/ , unless that´s an intentional move to weed out a certain subset of players (which I would probably be a huge fan of)
CHeers, I´ll keep in touch Posted Image

The full migration to the new site was fairly recent. I wasn't aware we still had the old site up in the OP. I'll see if I can remind Blue to change it.

I'm not sure what our current cap status is. The unit tends to sit pretty near capacity, and as such we tend to take new recruits on as cadets (when we can take them at all). This puts them on a sort of trial period where we can play together and give unit members an opportunity to get to know each other - see if this is where that cadet really wants to be.

The TS server is open to all of Wolf, so feel free to poke your head in and play with the guys. CW drops tend to be first-come, first-served so there's always an opportunity to fill a group in need with folks interested in joining. Higher-ranking members have the appropriate rank tags next to their names so you can see who is who.

#560 Groovdog

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 76 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:50 PM

I understand you guys cleaned out the Clan side. Is there room to swap over from IS side SWOL to SWOL Clan side at this point in time? Would like to get a look at clan side since I have all these mastered mechs lying around now Posted Image

Edited by Groovdog, 23 March 2016 - 04:51 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users