5 replies to this topic

#1 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

I understand you would like to encourage us to spend MC on new paint templates however, while IS mechs have acceptable default schemes, I have to say the default clan schemes are beyond atrocious.

For those of us who have spent MC on shiny new colours, to have them applied to only about 2% of the mech is a bit too much of a bitter pill to swallow.

While I'm at it the Invasion paint scheme is pretty crap. Why can't we change all 3 colours?

You've made visual customisation a big aspect of the game yet in many areas you're still restricting us unnecessarily.

Are there any updates for the following areas?

1) Permanent all-mech paint schemes. i.e. purchase 1 paint scheme and unlock it for all mechs. Just like how colours are now.

2) Hero paint scheme changes. How is it still not possible to change the paint scheme on our hero mechs? Some paint schemes are ok but some are just plain crap and we would really like to change them.

3) Improvements to the default paint schemes. Some of the default paint schemes are ok but some of them, clans especially, are just pointless. The MC schemes are very different and varied so there is plenty of room for improvement on the default ones without really affecting your bank balance.

4) Lower prices for ALL aspects of customisation. Around $2.75 for a cockpit item (when buying the lowest MC pack) down to $2.00 when buying the highest. These should be $1 a time if they are a singular purchase and only the current price if they are a full unlimited unlock for all mechs.

Come on PGI. You need some work on these. I'm sure you can see for yourselves the huge increase in sales when items are on offer. This isn't because they're on offer, it's because they're at a more acceptable price for people to consider worth buying them.

#2 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:58 PM

I think the mechs you get through buying a package/la carte, should all have the same pattern. Like the one the Prime variant has. AND it should also have the (I) at the end. That way people can know I'm a big spending pimp, and know I'm more special because I spent money. unlike the other people who are buying them later.

But in all seriousness, It would be nice to have the (I) at the end of each variant I got by purchasing la carte. as well as having that special paint that the Prime variant has. Looks quite good if you replace the first color with white, so it has that lime green stripe.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

Have to agree with you here, very glad my Clan pack mechs came with Polygon camo as all of them except my Novas are not using the default camo spec.

Not a big fan of the invasion pattern either, in both cases the unpaintable areas make it hard to coordinate colours and generally looks clumsy and less than desirable.

#4 Milocinia

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

I can't complain about not getting the polygon camo as I pulled out of the pre-purchase scheme due to my massive disgust at a PGI employee. I've given up naming who this person who dictates balance is, but you all know who I'm referring to. I decided to tentatively jump back in seeing as things had became a bit better despite this certain PI, the stereotypical asian developer who thinks he knows everything, still being here.

No qualms about the lack of polygon camo as that's the way it goes, I pulled out so I have to live with it, but does the default camo scheme really have to have a miniscule sliver for colour 1, a microscopic dash for colour 2 and an atomic blob for colour 3?

Edited by Kyocera, 27 September 2014 - 05:22 PM.

#5 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

My biggest issue with the clan paint schemes is that the default ones are made boring to encourage you to buy a new camo
The biggest slap in the face is that most of the clan camo schemes are disgustingly low res.
Like, either fix the resolution or let us paint the rest of our mech....

#6 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:10 PM

don't forget about one shot camos; they are much cheaper (75/125 MC iirc) and they last forever as long as you don't care about being able to change the pattern.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users