• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLower Saxony, Germany

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:10 PM

EDIT: Problem has been solved.

If you're interested to see how my throttle looks like read post #4:
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4754674

It's an USB MIDI touch-strip which I feed to an emulated virtual joystick (vJoy) via a python script (using FreePIE)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Post:
Spoiler

Edited by Shin Ken, 10 October 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#2 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:19 PM

MWO is notorious for having issues with peripherals other than a keyboard and mouse. I'd try disconnecting the joystick you don't want to use then rebooting just to be sure. If that doesn't work open a ticket with support and see if they can help out.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:41 PM

Machines are usually known for wondering what to do with something weird.

That said: Even as a person with a thinking mind... what exactly is the game supposed to do with, uh, 'THAT'?

o.o; Sorry I haven't got anything helpful but... I mean look at that. Mini-piano type thing? I'm having trouble fathoming how you would use it.

That said MWO doesn't have any kind of 'touch' screen or touch-thing support. Just traditional joystick, flight stick, etc. support. I have seen someone use a steering wheel/pedal/shifter peripheral to great effect. But this? Sorry I haven't got any way to be helpful here. You want:
Technical Inquiries:
technical@mwomercs.com
Or the hardware section of the forums.

#4 Shin Ken

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

View PostKoniving, on 09 October 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

Machines are usually known for wondering what to do with something weird.

That said: Even as a person with a thinking mind... what exactly is the game supposed to do with, uh, 'THAT'?

o.o; Sorry I haven't got anything helpful but... I mean look at that. Mini-piano type thing? I'm having trouble fathoming how you would use it.

That said MWO doesn't have any kind of 'touch' screen or touch-thing support. Just traditional joystick, flight stick, etc. support. I have seen someone use a steering wheel/pedal/shifter peripheral to great effect. But this? Sorry I haven't got any way to be helpful here. You want:
Technical Inquiries:
technical@mwomercs.com
Or the hardware section of the forums.

Ah thank you. I actually didn't found the hardware section of the forum before posting here. Maybe it's OK if I repost the topic there?

As to your previous question ("what exactly is the game supposed to do with, uh, 'THAT'?") - I made a short video a while ago demonstrating how it works:

That was an early version - the deadzones are perfect now.

If you have it sitting below your keyboard you can reach it very easily with your thumb. I was sceptical at first too but with some practice the thing is awesome!

Once you've have the range in your muscle memory you can set the throttle to almost the exact amount you want on a 1-100 scale at the speed of thought!!
It's almost as precise as using a big throttle from a HOTAS setup while being a lot faster, compact and flexible (because you can still use your keyboard while manipulating it)

MWO does not need to support touch-devices because it's mapped as a regular joystick axis.

Edited by Shin Ken, 10 October 2015 - 10:57 AM.

#5 Shin Ken

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 73 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:19 PM

I got it! For some reason I don't understand, I had to add an X and Y axis to the virtual joystick in order to make it work even though I don't use it.

#6 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostShin Ken, on 09 October 2015 - 06:08 PM, said:

Ah thank you. I actually didn't found the hardware section of the forum before posting here. Maybe it's OK if I repost the topic there?

You can repost it or even "Report" your post and under that, write: "Request to move to Forum - Hardware and Accessories" or whatever the proper name of the forum is.

Neat, though a tidbit limited. I might not get that kind of precision with a throttle stick,but having my turn and many other functions under the same thing works for me. I figured you'd be able to use it to makeshift many buttons. The lights does make it kinda cool, though.

#7 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:51 AM

make sure its set to 'analog throttle'

#8 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts