Arty/air Usage Mechanic

3 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:41 AM

Can we change the way these are deployed please?

Make it something that adds some kind of risk to the user so it isn't just a random point and shoot from 2000m away?

#2 VixNix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 441 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

I don't understand...
What are you suggesting and why?

#3 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:23 PM

No risk?

I've had my mech slagged quite a few times by the entire enemy team when I pop over the ridge to drop an arty marker in the middle of their death ball. Sometimes I get it off, other times the shaking I get winds up with me dropping one on a random piece of landscape. There is certainly risk involved.

If you're talking about getting slagged from 2K meters by one, then the answer is simple, keep your dispersion and don't bunch up in a huge wad. I've seen few, to none dropped on single mechs and generally only then as a last gasp reprisal by a mech that's about to go down.

#4 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:20 PM

Greetings all,

If you want to add 'risk' to the deployment of any of these two 'off board' elements, consider.

- For 'Air Strike'
1. deploy the strike location (as we do now, but 'Request Airstrike')
2. reacquire the target when the aircraft is on final approach (warning, 'Target Requested')
3. Aircraft 'tracks the targets movement' from there and deploys the 'strike' on that target.
~ if you don't complete the 'Target' shot, the aircraft leaves the area, no strike.
~ remember that eventually these aerospace fighters will be able to be engaged and shot down.

Accurately modeling how real strikes are conducted, and now requiring tactics and discipline to conduct this type of mission.
- No longer the 'twitch' attack it has been reduced to.

9erRed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users