7 replies to this topic

#1 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 12:12 PM

I know there was at least 1-2 other threads on this topic, and this is old news by now, but they were locked, and I wanted to bring this back up.

It's really great having the unit chat, very grateful for it, don't get me wrong...but the blinking...the blinking is really bad.

It seems to me that it'd be fairly simple to just do different colors for different purposes, ie- Green for a group invite, blue for a private message, simple blink with default color for someone entering/leaving, red for someone talking, etc.

When you have a large unit, the icon is just always blinking, so there's no way to tell when it's something pertinent or not. This leaves you either constantly checking unit chat, only to see someone just entered/left chat 99% of the time, or ignoring it for the most part, which means you may miss calls for help, people inviting you to groups, etc.

I'm pretty sure this would make a very large number of people happy, and dramatically increase the actual usefulness of the unit chat feature. To be honest, I don't really know why this would not have been part of it's design, as it makes no sense to have an indicator to tell you something useful that just blinks the same for everything, all the time.

Hopefully the Devs realized this shortly after it was released, and are already working on a fix, but in case they aren't, I think i speak for a lot of people in asking that this be a priority, as it should be simple coding and easily added in any patch.

Thanks for all the hard work and the entertaining game for us to enjoy!

#2 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

here's another reasonable request, give anyone who's spent 150 or more on this game, a free mad dog prime. i don't care about the other variants, just give me one.

#3 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

+1 to this suggestion.

PGI needs to stop letting engineers design UI's, and hire a dedicated UI designer. There's so many of these small niggling issues and it drives me crazy.

#4 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

Not being part of any social activities at all in-game, I cannot vouch for this suggestion based on personal experience (what? Nobody wants to play with me!), but from what I hear it is certainly something that merits a change.
I know I certainly would not want the button blinking the same monotonous way all the time for every possible thing. :blink:

#5 Gattsus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 843 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

I agree the UI needs some love asap.

#6 lazypc

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationModesto, CA USA

Posted 29 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

+1 (Do we do that here?)

#7 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:13 AM

So I updated my signature. I think you'll like it

#8 Scott Decoy Stone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 106 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationhonolulu, hi

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 30 September 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

So I updated my signature. I think you'll like it

stealing that for other purposes because it's win.

Edited by Scott Decoy Stone, 01 October 2014 - 03:49 PM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users