40 replies to this topic

#41 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostTool Box, on 29 September 2014 - 05:46 PM, said:

Just got my first dire wolf. I would say I have fairly high elo considering I play against/with lords quite often. Also in my timber I would get 700+ games about every other game but in my dire I'm getting 700+ almost every single game. I feel like this is either a balance issue or my elo got reset because I'm using a new mech or something. I'm not trying to be narcissistic or anything like that I'm more concerned with balance. Are these mechs supposed to get damage like that? I thought the timber was supposed to be the best mech in the game. As an example 1 in every maybe 25 games I get a 1k game in my timber Posted Image

Where as with my dire I got it within my first 5 games.

Posted Image

it will probably get punished in competitive play, due to how slow it accelerates/decelerates.

In other words, if you take a shot and happen to get focused, you're liable to lose a few torsos or even get opened against, competent, competitive players, where as in pugs you may not notice it as much.

Also, one late rotation and you are simply dead. Again, more noticeable against competitive teams that purposely try to pick off lingering mechs and jump on them with 12 players.

View Postsalkeee, on 30 September 2014 - 09:49 AM, said:

So ur saying IS is OP but magicaly all clan players are just that much better so they can roll over IS.
This shows me how much U dont want to know about tech all around.

I m personaly not sure about Dires being OP they are powerhouse sure but they do have a weaknesses.Thou truth be told in wise group play all those weaknesses can be negated.
Now I m yet to learn weaknes of Timbers.

Maybe those "clan" players tend be more skilled and experienced and the statistics have more underlying variables driving the data presented?

Correlation does not equal causation.

There is no doubt that most experienced/higher skilled players tend to be more serious, and purchase clan mechs via $$$.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users