#1 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 30 August 2017 - 12:37 PM.
Modding/Editing any game files is against the Terms of Use

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for doing this. I'll have to check it out ingame soon, see if it helps. If I can get past the mental hoop of yellow being half or less health, it'll at least give me the ability to tell which side of that spectrum I'm on. :P

#3 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:30 PM

And I was hoping for a colorblind hud overlay for targeting.

Posted Image

#4 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:59 PM

View PostOldOrgandonor, on 19 August 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

And I was hoping for a colorblind hud overlay for targeting.

Posted Image

Which HUD element(s) are you having issue with?

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

He would be the actual crosshairs, though there is a check box in Settings which changes it from flashing red circle to changing the actual crosshairs by adding more lines. But that may not work if he is having difficult seeing red.

#6 Maker L106

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 250 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

There are a lot of guys i know who would like control over the cursor / aiming / reset things in the center. I myself would LOVE some ability to customize that. I'm not colorblind but i do find the colorblind options often help ease any eye strain i run into. The disregard on PGI's end really aggravates me too... anything you can do to make the color swap of the entire / basic / aimpoints of the HUD would be absolutely fantastic.

#7 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:46 PM

This seems very useful I'll see if I can get this mod to work, but I do agree that I would also like to see a more complete HUD color change mod. The default colors, especially the IS Yellow, is very harsh on my eyes to the point I have some difficulty playing IS mechs at all. A simple green or blue HUD would be much clearer for me personally.

#8 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 19 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 19 August 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

He would be the actual crosshairs, though there is a check box in Settings which changes it from flashing red circle to changing the actual crosshairs by adding more lines. But that may not work if he is having difficult seeing red.

Did some diving. I was unfortunately not able to find the crosshair colors. 95% of the effort is in finding the right assets, and sometimes I'll fail to find it, or I'll find an asset that I don't know how to change.

View PostKilroy, on 19 August 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

This seems very useful I'll see if I can get this mod to work, but I do agree that I would also like to see a more complete HUD color change mod. The default colors, especially the IS Yellow, is very harsh on my eyes to the point I have some difficulty playing IS mechs at all. A simple green or blue HUD would be much clearer for me personally.

Not sure about Text color and some of the UI elements, but I was able to blue-up a lot of the IS boxes and stuff.

IS Blue Mod Download.

Also UI mods use a lot of the same files and will override each other.

Posted Image

Edited by Alcom Isst, 23 August 2017 - 04:23 PM.

#9 Unnatural Growth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:07 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 19 August 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Yes, this. Tarl is correct. The actual aiming reticle or "cross hairs" in the hud.

I've only been asking PGI for this for 4 years. Their idea of "color blind support" of having the cross hairs flash the SAME COLORS as the standard colors is idiotic.

I would like the ability to change the reticle colors, and it would be great to be able to change them "on the fly" per map. So if I'm dropping on HPG, Bog, Caustic or Alpine (etc), I could switch reticle colors at the start of match.

Such low hanging fruit for PGI, I cannot believe they ignore this one simple fix, that would help players such as myself, that on certain maps, literally cannot see the reticle AT ALL.

Sigh...

#10 Arjohan

• PipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 05:45 AM

DId you check with PGI if they allow it?
Really, I really like the idea, a LOT (These colors remembers me from MW3) and I would be really sad if they blocked this/banned you and people who use it =/

#11 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 20 August 2017 - 06:29 AM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 19 August 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

I'm not colourblind, but this is so aesthetically pleasing I may need to install it... Posted Image

Good work!

#12 Kilroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 650 posts
  • LocationUnder a rock

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:28 AM

Nice work on the blue HUD test! I'll give it a shot!

#13 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 20 August 2017 - 09:54 AM

View PostArjohan, on 20 August 2017 - 05:45 AM, said:

DId you check with PGI if they allow it?
Really, I really like the idea, a LOT (These colors remembers me from MW3) and I would be really sad if they blocked this/banned you and people who use it =/

I absolutely sent an inquiry to PGI before I started this.

Pirahna-chan said:

While the use of mods that operate by 'injecting' third-party files rather than directly modifying game files, are prohibited by the Code of Conduct, we generally do not take moderation action against players that use sound mods as long as the mod isn't providing some competitive or unfair advantage.

However, we must stress that if we determine the use of such a mod violates the spirit of the Code of Conduct (by providing an unfair advantage) we reserve the right to take moderation action.

So as long as I'm not giving an unfair advantage, like giving the player extra information, I should be good.

Edited by Alcom Isst, 20 August 2017 - 09:55 AM.

#14 Cementi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:47 AM

Would like to thank you on behalf of myself and a number of friends. We all find this useful not just those with vision problems.

Good job.

#15 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

This thread is now closed as editing or modding any game files are strictly against the Terms of Use. This mod is considered as an exploit to the game for one individual's advantage against other players which is strictly forbidden.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users