Will Voted Maps Dictate The Ruling Majority In The Match?

Maps General

10 replies to this topic

#1 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

We have 24 players in a match waiting to vote on a map. Do you think from that you can tell what the ruling majority of player are? Such as mostly brawlers or snipers you have in the game?

Also, say a new map comes out, it's clear that the majority will likely vote for the new map to check it out, however, it'll be less likely for the same amount of people to be voting for that map because everyone gets sick of it.

I think it's great that PGI is going to do map voting, but I'm seeing some issues with letting everyone vote for all the maps at once. Further more, with the last two things put into consideration, do you think only allowing a random selection of 4 maps to be voted on? PGI can easily class maps based on their openness and/or size, and ask the match maker to offer a random map from each class for players to vote on.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 30 September 2014 - 01:28 PM.

#2 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:34 PM

No, it's not an absolute vote...each vote for a map only increases it's odds of being the map picked. In fact, it will possible for a map no one voted for to be the actual map chosen.

#3 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 30 September 2014 - 02:34 PM, said:

No, it's not an absolute vote...each vote for a map only increases it's odds of being the map picked. In fact, it will possible for a map no one voted for to be the actual map chosen.

Oh okay. I must have missed that tidbit then. Thanks :)

#4 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:38 PM

I predict a lot less Terra Therma... and that will be the only significant change.

#5 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 30 September 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

I predict a lot less Terra Therma... and that will be the only significant change.

You might be disappointed...there might not be a lot less.

#6 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,470 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

That said...

Prepare for Skirmish on Frozen City to be, like, 50% of all MWO games. And for the people who constantly vote for Skirmish on Frozen City to complain on the forums about lack of map diversity and how boring and same-y their games all are. Because logic is a skill rarely seen and even more seldom exercised 'round these parts.

#7 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 30 September 2014 - 02:38 PM, said:

I'd vote for it over Alpine, and I despise Terra Therma.

#8 Asyres

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

View PostBilbo, on 30 September 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

I'd vote for it over Alpine, and I despise Terra Therma.

Yes. Every Terra Therma match has the potential to be a fun running battle, it's just everyone fights over the grill instead. Alpine doesn't even have the possibility of a fun battle.

#9 Mothykins

• Talon
  • Talon
  • 1,125 posts
  • Locationilikerice is my hero.

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:21 PM

View PostAsyres, on 30 September 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

Yes. Every Terra Therma match has the potential to be a fun running battle, it's just everyone fights over the grill instead. Alpine doesn't even have the possibility of a fun battle.

I have had fun matches on Alpine.

We sent a lance E6-7 and kept one by F-6. The red team followed our lance, half of them breaking from the hill top to go through the backside of the tower ridge. While they where doing that, the lance of lights went over the top of f-8 while we came in a few moments behind the first lance. Took out half their team with ease, then swept back into the valley.. And It was a PUG drop.
Are you telling me I'm having fun wrong?

#10 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:29 PM

View PostAsyres, on 30 September 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

I do prefer Terra Therma as well, but I've had some awesome fights on Alpine as well. A particular death march up the hill comes to mind. My entire company advanced as one, firing as we went up the hills. PPCs blazed, autocannons barked, lasers burned, LRMs blotted out the sky as AMS units chattered endlessly. It was pretty epic, and reminded me why Mechwarrior is awesome.

#11 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 30 September 2014 - 03:36 PM

View PostArtgathan, on 30 September 2014 - 03:29 PM, said:

I do prefer Terra Therma as well, but I've had some awesome fights on Alpine as well. A particular death march up the hill comes to mind. My entire company advanced as one, firing as we went up the hills. PPCs blazed, autocannons barked, lasers burned, LRMs blotted out the sky as AMS units chattered endlessly. It was pretty epic, and reminded me why Mechwarrior is awesome.

In theory, great fun. Generally Death march would be my own as every scatters at the first sign of opposition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users