Let Me Give Cbill Winnings To Unit Members

6 replies to this topic

#1 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

I'm not saying that I should be able to just give my cbills away as I know that would disrupt the business model.

Instead could I give money I win in a match with unit members to them?

I have cbills to burn on at this point and would like to share with friends.

#2 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:28 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 30 September 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

I'm not saying that I should be able to just give my cbills away as I know that would disrupt the business model.

Instead could I give money I win in a match with unit members to them?

I have cbills to burn on at this point and would like to share with friends.

Almost any way you make it available as an option would lead to people selling C-Bills for real-world cash behind PGI's back. The only way you could let players "exchange" C-Bills without disrupting the business model is by charging MC to anyone who wants to give C-Bills to another player.

This puts the financial burden on the person "giving away" their C-Bills, and so the only way they could try to make illegal deals is by charging for the MC tax and also by covering their time that they spent earning the C-Bills. Only by charging the providing player an MC tax could PGI allow a C-Bill exchange mechanism that would not result in clandestine cash dealings.

Sharing your winnings would be a nice option, as your intent seems, but it could only be proofed by forcing you to share your earnings evenly with everyone instead of being able to decide who gets your earnings...

Edited by Prosperity Park, 30 September 2014 - 07:30 PM.

#3 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:06 PM

The only way I can see this working is having an option to not receive c-bills, and the game gives all players on your team an equal share of the cash your made. Then you can't sell it, because it gets spread out. unless they have 11 people join a group, drop with you, and all refuse c-bills forcing the game to give it to you.

#4 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 December 2014 - 07:48 PM

^ while I do think that is a sound, slightly non-exploitable solution, I don't find much need for sharing C-Bills directly. And I'd rather earn my rewards myself, rather than have it depend on the performance of the 11 other guys in my drop. It would be better if one person chose per drop to donate their earnings to the 11 other players, evenly distributed.

Actually, what might be really cool is if a Unit Leader could choose to invest C-Bills and earn interest on them. They cannot spend the invested C-Bills. The interest rate would increase as the unit performs better as a whole, but would decrease whenever funds are taken out of investment and put back in the Coffer. Then a Unit Leader could decide to allocate funds to unit members on a per-drop basis, dictated by a percentage of earnings just like how Premium Time works.

So say you take 10,000,000 C-Bills out of the Coffer and invest it. You take it out of Savings when it reaches 12,000,000 C-Bills and put it back in the Coffer. Then you set a % distribution rate on your next drop, say 10%, and all members participating in that drop receive 10% extra C-Bill rewards (just like Premium Time) for their performance, with that 10% extra being paid and deducted directly from the unit coffer.

Possible to pay other units and factions for participating in drops with your unit, since all 12-members of the drop receive the 10% boost.

What do you think? =D

Edited by Tarogato, 25 December 2014 - 07:51 PM.

#5 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 08:05 PM

View PostTarogato, on 25 December 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

^ while I do think that is a sound, slightly non-exploitable solution, I don't find much need for sharing C-Bills directly. And I'd rather earn my rewards myself, rather than have it depend on the performance of the 11 other guys in my drop. It would be better if one person chose per drop to donate their earnings to the 11 other players, evenly distributed.

Actually, what might be really cool is if a Unit Leader could choose to invest C-Bills and earn interest on them. They cannot spend the invested C-Bills. The interest rate would increase as the unit performs better as a whole, but would decrease whenever funds are taken out of investment and put back in the Coffer. Then a Unit Leader could decide to allocate funds to unit members on a per-drop basis, dictated by a percentage of earnings just like how Premium Time works.

So say you take 10,000,000 C-Bills out of the Coffer and invest it. You take it out of Savings when it reaches 12,000,000 C-Bills and put it back in the Coffer. Then you set a % distribution rate on your next drop, say 10%, and all members participating in that drop receive 10% extra C-Bill rewards (just like Premium Time) for their performance, with that 10% extra being paid and deducted directly from the unit coffer.

Possible to pay other units and factions for participating in drops with your unit, since all 12-members of the drop receive the 10% boost.

What do you think? =D

I was thinking it could play into CW. If your faction owns a planet, you are allowed to invest in that planet. Every faction member is allowed to invest and they get daily C-bills the more planets they own, and the more those planets are invested in. If a faction takes the planet all the investments are lost and it needs to be rebuilt.

#6 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

Anything that could potentially make players spend LESS is not gonna happen. Nope, nuh-huh.

#7 Sarlic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:33 AM

Arent we getting a tax feature? Though it was listed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users