32 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts
  • LocationIn a Shadowhawk

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

Crazy idea for a shadow hawk hero based on the 5S chassis.

Quote from Sarna; The 5S is a variant of the 5M used by the Special Forces. It replaces all standard weapons with one Large Laser, one medium pulse laser and four medium lasers. In addition, it carries a Beagle Active Probe in the right torso, while an Guardian ECM Suite is installed in the left torso. Its left arm is also equipped with a TAG, while its head contains cargo space. It is armored by eleven and a half tons of standard armor.

Another idea I had was a Shadowhawk with a balistic slot on its arm with a config similar to 4 small lasers, 2 left torso and 2 right torso, ac/20 right arm, xl 280 engine and if possible a srm 4/ lrm 5 in the head with 1 ton of reloads and ams. My idea is sorta like this, keep in mind there is no shadowhawk with an arm cannon this is closest i could get and just imagine a xl engine and those heat sinks are not there;
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4d08d6cb4ec57f3
If a dev reads this please consider my ideas.
Thanks for reading.

#2 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:02 PM

PGI likely won't put ECM on any hero mechs, because it would provide a valid argument for Pay to Win. I suggested a Wolverine hero with an AC/20 in the arm, but really any 55 tonner with a 20 plus XL engine would be great. It could possibly be OP in a Shadowhawk though without significant negative quirks.

#3 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:23 AM

We're already getting a heavy ECM carrier which is inevitably going to be pretty popular. I don't think they want to introduce more ECM 'Mechs because at this rate (Kitfox, Koshi, Hellbringer) every team is going to have blanket ECM coverage.

That being said, a special forces themed 'Mech with a tacticool camo would be really awesome. I think an energy boat Shadowhawk would be outclassed by the Sparky though.

#4 Motörhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:41 AM

As long as they give him 6 energy hard points, it will be on par with Sparky.

I'd totally buy it too, as I love SHDs, but they miss a real energy boat.

#5 The Trumpet of Gabriel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 193 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 October 2014 - 06:53 AM

I know it would be crazy but what about a shadow hawk with a ballistic hard point in each shoulder? :ph34r:

#6 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationNorth Cackalacky

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:04 AM

Meh, I'm not sure SHD need an all-energy boat. The K works well enough in that capacity.

If there isn't a lore-appropriate hero, I'm in favor of them adding something that still captures the feel of the SHD. I wouldn't be against something that had ballistics still in the shoulder and 2 energy in each arm, say - or something similar.

Crazy - but I like it SoM. Be nifty to be able to mount (say) 2 UAC5 on an XL with some energy backups.

Edited by Macksheen, 02 October 2014 - 07:05 AM.

#7 K0M3D14N

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:48 AM

The only problem I really see with a SHD that has ballistics in each torso is it would essentially be like wearing blinders. You'd have absolutely 0 peripheral vision with the way those things are mounted.

#8 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 02 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

The 5S would be a 7 energy hardpoint boat with ECM. That outclasses the Sparky by quite a bit unless the hardpoints were all low mounted (not likely given the Shadowhawk's shoulder).

I wouldn't expect to get an arm mounted AC20 Medium. Generally not something you get on mechs that light from canon, and not really in the spirit of the mech.

What I could see is a SHD that replaces the arm and head mounts with balistics. So, maybe 6 balistics (1 in each arm, 3 on the shoulder, 1 head) and 2 Missiles (in the other torso). It would be unique, has some fun potential builds with and without MGs, and would generally fit in well in the SHD line.

#9 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

6 ballistic hardpoints and 4 missile ones on the torso,8 jj max,400 max engine :P

#10 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

View Postfx8320, on 02 October 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

I'd totally buy it too, as I love SHDs, but they miss a real energy boat.

Well in the lore the 5S has 7 energy hard points.

#11 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostBront, on 02 October 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

The 5S would be a 7 energy hardpoint boat with ECM. That outclasses the Sparky by quite a bit unless the hardpoints were all low mounted (not likely given the Shadowhawk's shoulder).

I wouldn't expect to get an arm mounted AC20 Medium. Generally not something you get on mechs that light from canon, and not really in the spirit of the mech.

What I could see is a SHD that replaces the arm and head mounts with balistics. So, maybe 6 balistics (1 in each arm, 3 on the shoulder, 1 head) and 2 Missiles (in the other torso). It would be unique, has some fun potential builds with and without MGs, and would generally fit in well in the SHD line.

I like youre idea and as far as the cannon goes no shds have balistic arms, but, as we have seen the hero mechs dont acctually have to be cannon to be implimented. And a 6x balistic shadowhawk would not really work given the weight of ac2 and 5 cannons. so an shd with maybe two balistics split or on one arm or the other would be intresting as long as it has energy hard points on torso to back them up.

#12 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

View PostSword of Morning, on 02 October 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

I know it would be crazy but what about a shadow hawk with a ballistic hard point in each shoulder? :ph34r:

I like this idea my hope is the hero mech has more balistic freedoms then standard shadowhawks also as for a dual uac5 build in current state there is this; http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dea1d59dff0e90a hope it helps

View PostTahribator, on 02 October 2014 - 12:23 AM, said:

We're already getting a heavy ECM carrier which is inevitably going to be pretty popular. I don't think they want to introduce more ECM 'Mechs because at this rate (Kitfox, Koshi, Hellbringer) every team is going to have blanket ECM coverage.

That being said, a special forces themed 'Mech with a tacticool camo would be really awesome. I think an energy boat Shadowhawk would be outclassed by the Sparky though.

Yes I do see what youre saying but shd ecm mech variant would be welcomed is all I'm trying to say.

#13 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

View PostB8hunter, on 02 October 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

I like youre idea and as far as the cannon goes no shds have balistic arms, but, as we have seen the hero mechs dont acctually have to be cannon to be implimented. And a 6x balistic shadowhawk would not really work given the weight of ac2 and 5 cannons. so an shd with maybe two balistics split or on one arm or the other would be intresting as long as it has energy hard points on torso to back them up.

It would be MGs on the arms and head, not ACs

#14 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Shadowhawks already have such diverse builds, you'd have to do something like ballistics or missile hard points on the arms to make a hero variant stand out. Or maybe something like the Gird Iron, with left torso ballistics and right torso energy points?

#15 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:58 AM

I'd like that too - 2 ballistic left, 2 or 3 energy right

#16 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:10 AM

View Postprocess, on 02 October 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

Shadowhawks already have such diverse builds, you'd have to do something like ballistics or missile hard points on the arms to make a hero variant stand out. Or maybe something like the Gird Iron, with left torso ballistics and right torso energy points?

acctually that was my orignal idea on accout of 3 balistic and 3 energy is a great idea but I droped it because it..did not fit my playstyle.. So I had a derp moment and did not post it with the other two ideas.

View PostBront, on 02 October 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

It would be MGs on the arms and head, not ACs

Ok I see but the idea of a head mounted ac/2 does sound intresting. Also as for everone who has a crazy idea the shadowhawk is only 55 tons.

#17 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

View Postfx8320, on 02 October 2014 - 12:41 AM, said:

Sparky would still have the Torso twist advantage, all Griffins have far better torso twist than the Shadow Hawks and we know there is little chance of PGI bringing out an ECM hero for a chassis with no f2p ECM

View PostBront, on 02 October 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

we already have one, the Yen Lo Wang, a Shadow Hawk adding Jump-jets to this could be quite interesting, but I agree it is unlikely

#18 Macksheen

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

An arm-mounted AC20 jumper medium ... like a Blackjack?

For a SHD I like some of the options above, chiefly ...
- Ballistics in each torso, allowing for dual LBX or Dual UAC potentially (with energy mounts in the arms)
- Ballistics in left torso (2 or 3) and energy mounts in the right (again, 2 or three) with one more on the arm

Both of these could have visibility problems, though they could honestly move the mount down/back to adjust.

I think the all-energy+ECM is a bad choice for a hero, though perhaps there will be enough ECM soon that it doesn't matter.

#19 Mr Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 141 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostMacksheen, on 02 October 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

An arm-mounted AC20 jumper medium ... like a Blackjack?

For a SHD I like some of the options above, chiefly ...
- Ballistics in each torso, allowing for dual LBX or Dual UAC potentially (with energy mounts in the arms)
- Ballistics in left torso (2 or 3) and energy mounts in the right (again, 2 or three) with one more on the arm

Both of these could have visibility problems, though they could honestly move the mount down/back to adjust.

I think the all-energy+ECM is a bad choice for a hero, though perhaps there will be enough ECM soon that it doesn't matter.

Well I own a bj but it seems a little bs to have a blackjack with two balistics and only taking advantage of 1 I much rather go dual ac5 on a bj.

#20 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostSword of Morning, on 02 October 2014 - 06:53 AM, said:

Honestly, that's very attractive. I'd go with something like this:

LA: 2E
RA:2E
LT: 1B
RT: 1B

Now, this is almost too good. 2xAC5+4xML is easily doable which is a beastly build. You can even go crazy and do 2xAC10+4xML(hot)/4xSL(better) and wreck faces. That's why I'd punish this variant with no jump jets. I'd still buy this in a heartbeat though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users