#1 Lefty Lucy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

Especially Arty and UAVs.

If you don't bring these consumables, your team has a significantly lower chance to win. If you lose, you make crap c-bills.

If you do bring and use them, you have a much higher chance to win, but you make crap c-bills.

C-bill earnings in this game are a joke right now.

#2 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

Obligatory:

Posted Image

#3 UnsafePilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:03 AM

Skip them if you're CBill farming IMO. I haven't taken them for weeks and most of my pug teams still seem to spam them hard without my help.

#4 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostUnsafePilot, on 02 October 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

Skip them if you're CBill farming IMO. I haven't taken them for weeks and most of my pug teams still seem to spam them hard without my help.

It leaves the game with the sad state where the most effective way to farm c-bills is to die as quickly as possible while doing as much damage as possible, then immediately quit out of the match and pick a different mech.

#5 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:06 AM

I had no trouble making c-bills when I didn't use consumables and I have no trouble making c-bills now that I do use them. I really don't think any real changes are in order.

#6 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:08 AM

On a side note, it appears that a very good way to farm Spacebucks™ is to use spread-damage loadouts such as laser boats, and poke EVERYTHING you see even if you only do 0.01 damage to it. Farm all the assists!

#7 Daoa Hakoke

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:09 AM

To be honest its 80k cbills for one strike and one other consumables, not exactly breaking the bank from winnings.

#8 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:10 AM

Yea, you don't really need em.

I love me some cool shot though, those things are like crack.

probably why I only have 5 mil cBills :lol:

#9 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:11 AM

View PostDaoa Hakoke, on 02 October 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

To be honest its 80k cbills for one strike and one other consumables, not exactly breaking the bank from winnings.

I wonder how many people saying stuff like this have premium time.

I play lights and mediums and on a *good* win, I make 120k. Use both consumable slots and that ends up being 40k.

For the same match with premium time it would be a net profit of 100k. So a bonus from premium time that is "supposed" to be +50% ends up being +150% in real earnings.

#10 Funkadelic Mayhem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

What economy?

#11 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:21 AM

View PostLefty Lucy, on 02 October 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

I play lights and mediums and on a *good* win, I make 120k. Use both consumable slots and that ends up being 40k.

For the same match with premium time it would be a net profit of 100k. So a bonus from premium time that is "supposed" to be +50% ends up being +150% in real earnings.

So the choices you make have consequences. You can not take the consumables and make more money. You can take premium time and consumables and make more money. You can take premium time and not take consumables and make boat loads of money. All your choice.

#12 Pendraco

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 469 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:22 AM

I can not think of any matches that I've seen won due to the use of Artillery, and while a well placed UAV under the right circumstances, against a derp team can be useful......you DO NOT need these items. Help yourself, quit buying them.....earn all the space bucks, then take them if you want.

#13 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

View PostBilbo, on 02 October 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

I had no trouble making c-bills when I didn't use consumables and I have no trouble making c-bills now that I do use them. I really don't think any real changes are in order.

The one time I used a consumable I dropped arty on MY team!

I(and my team) do better with out thank you. :lol:

#14 Clit Beastwood

• 2,262 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

View PostLefty Lucy, on 02 October 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

What constitutes a good drop for you? Serious question.
I.e. damage, kills, assists, etc.? Everyone's definition of a "good drop" is different.

Edited by Fierostetz, 02 October 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#15 UnsafePilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:26 AM

My good wins earn around what you're describing too. I get those wins without consumables so it's all profit, even on a loss.

I don't believe that you need to go to the rush to die and queue another pattern to make a decent cbill income without consumables.

#16 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:32 AM

For a guy who is grinding for the third Direwhale, it is maddening. I am keeping my arty on hold unless I can catch 3 enemies.

Edited by El Bandito, 02 October 2014 - 08:36 AM.

#17 EmperorZombie

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:37 AM

InspectorG's stock tip:

Short Airstrike,

Long UAV with new mechs with ECM.

Coolshot flat with Dakka meta.

The 1%ers with their Premium time and C-bill bonus mechs will obviously create the jobs for the uneducated, government employees during CW. These self made Mechwarriors will be the Nobles of the Houses and various Khans of the Clans. Comstar will jockey for central banking because HGP fiat.

#18 Tristan Winter

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,530 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:38 AM

View PostFupDup, on 02 October 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

On a side note, it appears that a very good way to farm Spacebucks™ is to use spread-damage loadouts such as laser boats, and poke EVERYTHING you see even if you only do 0.01 damage to it. Farm all the assists!

This has been known since 2012, when everyone would just take light mechs with ER Lasers and get 8 assists in every match for all the C-bills. But PGI caught on, and it doesn't really pay that well anymore. What pays right now is the savior kill, which is harder to manipulate, but it basically just means doing 0.01 damage to any mech right before it dies. In a good match, you'll get multiple savior kill awards. I think my record is 5 for one kill. That pays a whole lot more than any other C-bill farming strategy I'm aware of. But it's also more random.

#19 EmperorZombie

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostNicolai Kabrinsky, on 02 October 2014 - 08:38 AM, said:

This has been known since 2012, when everyone would just take light mechs with ER Lasers and get 8 assists in every match for all the C-bills. But PGI caught on, and it doesn't really pay that well anymore. What pays right now is the savior kill, which is harder to manipulate, but it basically just means doing 0.01 damage to any mech right before it dies. In a good match, you'll get multiple savior kill awards. I think my record is 5 for one kill. That pays a whole lot more than any other C-bill farming strategy I'm aware of. But it's also more random.

SSSHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To farm Saviors you need to converge firepower and teamwork!

Dont let the unwashed Pug herds know this! Whattsamattayou???

#20 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:45 AM

UAV's have a larger impact then Arty to me and thats without LRM carriers, for each LRM user it increases it even more.

but yea i think its time to readjust earnings, with the costs of the clan mechs we will run into a problem in CW of not enough clan mechs to have matches.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users