• Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:15 AM

Can some one tell me whats going on with my short range Lrm's

Im driving a whk-b lrm fit with c-bap 3 clrm-15 1 lrm-10 1-tag 3-cerml

target info gathering mod and the mod that holds lock a few seconds longer
I dont rember its name.

My Issue
It works fine on most targets at longer ranges. But some times on close range targets
when i have target taged and locked and shoot the rockets fly off in a random direction.
this does not happen all the time.

My guess is an Ecm mech is near by and effecting the targeting, even with tag and c-bap.

can any one tell me what im missing?

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

are you firing instantly on getting the lock?
unfortunately the lock does not always register immediately when it shows on screen, if you wait half a second after getting the lock before firing this may help

TAG is not countered by ECM, but if you are being ECMed by 2 or more Mechs they could prevent you from locking with missiles (the BAP would shut down the first ECM but the second would still be working). as I understand it you cannot use a lock if you are under an enemy ECM.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

There is a known issue where the LRM lock reticule isn't being as accurate as it should be; you'll see it lock but realy it isn't locked yet, and if you fire before it's ready they'll act like dumb-fire and will go wherever you're pointing (and if you are popinting just past or just over the target, you may miss by hundreds of meters depending on what is under the crosshair)

Edited by Redshift2k5, 02 October 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#4 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:08 AM

TAG is countered by ECM inside 150m. Also TAG has hit scan problems too.

Edited by Kjudoon, 02 October 2014 - 09:09 AM.

#5 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

One thing I've noticed with LRMs, both Clan and IS, is that they occasionally get hung up at the moment they acquire lock. This can result in a delayed lock (dumb-fired if you don't hear the auditory signal) or an unresolved lock (visual lock, but auditory lock gets stuck in loop and never completes). In the former case, just wait until the auditory signal finishes to fire your LRMs with locked-on guidance. In the latter case, there is nothing you can do except to press R to deactivate/switch targets, and then press R a second time to reacquire your original target and reattempt your lock.

PGI needs to fix these two bugs ASAP. As someone who generally dislikes boating LRMs, I do recognize that having a broken feature of the game such as this is quite unfair to LRM boaters. It's also pretty aggravating for me since I do own a couple Mechs that have single launchers equipped. Hopefully, PGI will resolve this soon.

#6 Cambata

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 02 October 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

are you firing instantly on getting the lock?
unfortunately the lock does not always register immediately when it shows on screen, if you wait half a second after getting the lock before firing this may help

TAG is not countered by ECM, but if you are being ECMed by 2 or more Mechs they could prevent you from locking with missiles (the BAP would shut down the first ECM but the second would still be working). as I understand it you cannot use a lock if you are under an enemy ECM.

I am waiting for the lock and have even switch tatget to a longer ranged target that i was able to hit no problem

View PostRedshift2k5, on 02 October 2014 - 09:04 AM, said:

There is a known issue where the LRM lock reticule isn't being as accurate as it should be; you'll see it lock but realy it isn't locked yet, and if you fire before it's ready they'll act like dumb-fire and will go wherever you're pointing (and if you are popinting just past or just over the target, you may miss by hundreds of meters depending on what is under the crosshair)

I hep the cross hairs on the CT of my target tag on CT and waited for the red circles then fired the rockets went some where behind me over my sholders.not like dumb fire at all.

#7 Cambata

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

I did not know about ecm taking out tag at under 150 should the C-bap not deal close range solo ecm.

#8 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 02 October 2014 - 02:22 PM

Please watch this.

Clan lrms have trouble tracking up close and I give an example of that. Makes sense to me that they would have trouble up close, they are LONG range missiles after all.

#9 Cambata

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 03:11 PM

View PostSpike Brave, on 02 October 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Please watch this.

Clan lrms have trouble tracking up close and I give an example of that. Makes sense to me that they would have trouble up close, they are LONG range missiles after all.

the point when you were shooting the cat was close but not quite the same
I was standing still not moving around my targets were mostly still facing me
And my lrm's went over my sholder left or right my target was locked and taged right infront of me at in each case ranges varied

I also did not try shooting an unlocked target I will be givng that a test asap

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users