1 reply to this topic

#1 Neodisher

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGemany

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:35 AM

Well, after a lot of games, there are various things that strike me, when it comes to matchmaking, especially in groups. After the last patches small groups (up to 4 members) always come to the group queue. That was different before. And there is a problem.

I was playing with one or two friends lately in a group, and we always dropped against groups up to 12 members (competetive players). In a mixed up team with groups of maximum 2 or 3 players each, where is the single chance to win against a competetive team with 12 members? Right, there is no chance. And that have to be changed quickly.

Matchmaking should be more fair in this case. If not, it frustrates players in smaller groups, and they will just stop playing in groups, or even stop playing Mechwarrior Online. And that shouldn't be the goal.
I don't have the ultimate idea how to fix this, but something like that is on my mind for team matching:

If you are in a group up to 4 people, you always drop against other groups with up to four people or with single players. Of your group is bigger then 4 people, you always drop against other groups with more then four people with the less group numbers as possible. In the limit range, teams should be filled with single players, not other groups, if the matchmaker can't find group sizes that fit.
The most fair grouping up is group size against group size. So, if one team has a 8 people group, the other team should have one too. If one team has two 4 player groups, the opponent should have two 4 player groups as well and so on. So a 12 player group only drops against other 12 player groups.

So, what do you think?

#2 CorDiaz

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:50 AM

Yes,
Same Problem here.
If you have a Drop with a friend or two, around 40% of the time we drop with or against teams up to 10 ppl. It isn't even fun to play with a group of 10, because the only thing you can do is run with them and hope they tell you what they are up to do. Yes there are these 60% games where it all works well and we play against even teams or sometimes random (so i can tell of Tags and faction, you get the point)

But it is highly unpleasant to see a well known competitive team as enemy and the game is lost before it started.
I have had matches where my whole team made a desicion to stay and wait for them to shoot us down, so no time is waisted.

I feel the only way to play is solo, there you can show off an be as good or bad as you can.
There are other problems there, but i feel less disapointed because i got stomped by a highly trained team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users