16 replies to this topic

#1 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:31 AM

Right, so since the last patch I have been experiencing the following 2 experience breaking issues.

1) My screen will freeze, usually but not always, early on in a map. There is no specific map that this occurs on. It usually happens after conflict has begun between mechs in my vicinity or by myself.

Essentially, my sceen becomes locked on the frame that happens to be shown at that moment. I can tell the game is still going on as I still get sound, I can still actually move the mech around and fire weapons, albeit blindly. This can last up to approx. 1 minute duration, and I've attempted to try to knock it forward by tabbing in/out and hitting ctrl-alt-delete. etc, and while sometimes it feels like this has an effect it doesn't always, so is probably just coincidence.

I have exclusively been playing mad dogs since the patch to level them up, that said I did sometimes experience this issue rarely before this patch on other mechs so it probably isn't mech exclusive, however it has now become frequent.

2) Very similar to #1, except only happens on the new map, and generally happens very early into the game. Essentially I will get the same screen freeze as above and then the client will simply crash to desktop, meaning that I have to relogin, reconnect etc.

Currently playing the game in full windowed mode, NVidia gtx680

Anyone experiencing similar/got any solutions?

#2 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:37 AM

Have you tried running the repair tool to see if you have a corrupted map for issue #2?

#3 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:53 AM

View PostZolaz, on 03 October 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

Have you tried running the repair tool to see if you have a corrupted map for issue #2?

Have absolutely did this, nothing was redownloaded so im guessing it didn't find any problems. Also updated my graphics drivers. As I type this, I'm on tourmaline desert getting pounded by missiles or something while my screen is frozen.

#4 M0rpHeu5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:39 AM

Alt+tab fixes the frozen screen

#5 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:55 AM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 03 October 2014 - 08:39 AM, said:

Alt+tab fixes the frozen screen

Only sometimes :(

#6 Sean Grey

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:24 AM

I have the same issue but only on the new map.

I'm playing in fullscreen mode my card is an NVIDIA GTX 660

Edited by Sean Grey, 03 October 2014 - 09:26 AM.

#7 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:59 PM

now getting crashes on caustic as well, even with all settings at low. It's highly unlikely to be my hardware as I am not getting the same issue with any other game.

#8 Donegar

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:33 AM

View PostSean Grey, on 03 October 2014 - 09:24 AM, said:

I have the same issue but only on the new map.

I'm playing in fullscreen mode my card is an NVIDIA GTX 660

Same with me (issue 2) of original post). Only in new Map, regardless of Mech. Alt-Tab didn't work, have to wait until game crashes or close it by ALT-F4 do speed up things. Using full-window mode on NVIDIA GTX 560 Ti, actual driver.

#9 RAMBROSE

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:07 PM

I have experienced this about 1 in 10 matches, since the last patch, on multiple maps. I espace to desktop, open the program again from the tray, select resume, then find my mech has been driving a like a zombie for about 15 seconds. It does seem to happen early in matches.

#10 VIPER2207

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostNextGame, on 03 October 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

2) Very similar to #1, except only happens on the new map, and generally happens very early into the game. Essentially I will get the same screen freeze as above and then the client will simply crash to desktop, meaning that I have to relogin, reconnect etc.

Same here, crash to desktop after 5-10 seconds in the match, without any error message

GTX 660 TI
i5 3570K
16GB RAM
Win 7

Repair Tool didn't fix it. This is highly annoying...

Edited by VIPER2207, 05 October 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#11 Jabilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

I am getting a hell of a lot of crashes and screen freezes since the last patch...

#12 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 October 2014 - 03:25 PM

Greetings all,

No one has listed or said if your running on Dx9 or 11 and what the settings are.
- I'm assuming 11 as the only card stated was a 660Ti.

Any indication in the windows event report what is happening to the video signal and card(s)?

- Do you see the same thing after deleting the shaders info?
- One stated windowed another full screen, any changes if you altered, reduced the game screen resolution?
- Is the same thing happening in Dx9 if your running 11?
- Do you see the same issue if the game video settings are lowered one step?
- Are you running any changed user.cfg code?
- Is it always the same map, maps, or any?
- Any indication of a sudden heat issue with the video card?
- Is this strictly a Nvidia driver issue?

We were seeing game lock ups in the past as dropped players attempted to rejoin, is there any Pilot from the start screen with crazy ping numbers? (attempting a reconnect to game)
- this sounds suspiciously like an Apphang event.
- Or this corresponds to a Video TDR error, meaning an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout has failed.

If your using Nvidia drivers, turn off some of the possible offenders for there latest driver.
- No 3D, no Shield, no 3D Vision, no Streaming, and especially 'no Experience'. Just the pure and simple driver.
- Try the game and check if this 'fix's' the black screen.
(quite a few people are reporting the 'latest and greatest' Nvidia drivers 'have issues'.)
~ causing Flash videos to stutter and some black screens as well as other issues.

Advise back if your 'problems' appear to 'go away'.

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 05 October 2014 - 03:26 PM.

#13 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 05 October 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostNextGame, on 03 October 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

Anyone experiencing similar/got any solutions?

Identical failure. Freeze and crash to desktop. No solution, but I do power off instantly when the screen freezes to maximize my chances of surviving long enough to rejoin.

#14 Riddler9884

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  • LocationMiami, Fl

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:01 PM

I am also experiencing this specifically on the new map Mining Collective. The games locks up crashes and I have to rejoin, it has not happened on other maps

#15 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 05 October 2014 - 11:23 PM

View Post9erRed, on 05 October 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

Greetings all,

No one has listed or said if your running on Dx9 or 11 and what the settings are.
- I'm assuming 11 as the only card stated was a 660Ti.

as I stated, I'm running a gtx 680.

Any indication in the windows event report what is happening to the video signal and card(s)?

The only error I get in windows event viewer related to either MWO or my graphics card is the event associated with "MechWarrior online has stopped working" when it decides to pointlessly crash sometimes when exiting the game (another problem not fixed by repair tool).

- Do you see the same thing after deleting the shaders info?

Yes

- One stated windowed another full screen, any changes if you altered, reduced the game screen resolution?

have tried both fullscreen and windowed. had gone to windowed recently due to alt tabbing being broken on windows 7. Regardless, problem persists.

- Is the same thing happening in Dx9 if your running 11?

have tried both. same effect.

- Do you see the same issue if the game video settings are lowered one step?

The game is more stable with video settings lowered. However this shouldn't need to happen as this card has been able to run the game on high since closed beta. I'm not sure that it's reasonable to expect us to play the game while incrementing each setting by 1 until we find the culprit, perhaps some QA should be going on at PGI.

- Are you running any changed user.cfg code?

Disabled film grain, which doesn't seem to do anything.

- Is it always the same map, maps, or any?

Mining colony is the worst culprit, it does however happen on other maps

- Any indication of a sudden heat issue with the video card?

Not that I'm aware of

- Is this strictly a Nvidia driver issue?

It's an MWO issue as it is not reproduceable on other titles. Again, as per statement in OP.

If your using Nvidia drivers, turn off some of the possible offenders for there latest driver.
- No 3D, no Shield, no 3D Vision, no Streaming, and especially 'no Experience'. Just the pure and simple driver.
- Try the game and check if this 'fix's' the black screen.
(quite a few people are reporting the 'latest and greatest' Nvidia drivers 'have issues'.)
~ causing Flash videos to stutter and some black screens as well as other issues.

Out of all of those, the only one I am running is the GeForce experience application. I shouldn't really have to meddle with this to get a separate application to function correctly, but we will see.

Edited by NextGame, 05 October 2014 - 11:25 PM.

#16 Cyphersphere

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 05:57 PM

Any updates to this? Mining Colony immediately freezes and crashes for me as well. I'm starting to run trough various video settings as it occurs.

#17 Cyphersphere

• PipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:15 PM

Deleting the "MechWarrior Online\USER\Shaders" folder seems to have worked for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users