Tranverse Is Officially Dead

24 replies to this topic

#21 Turist0AT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:45 PM

The whole idea was ret@rded from the beggining. Person who tough "oh look space games are doing good, lets do one too" Instead of expanding MWO into space using BT. Should be rediculed and fired.

and pls dont "We plan to take Transverse behind the curtain for now" just kill this abomination and roll with something you might actually have a shot at, like BT.

I really want to know whose idea that was so i can laugh at that person.

Edited by Turist0AT, 10 October 2014 - 11:50 PM.

#22 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

Look, EVE online is popular because of the strategics required (strategy is long term, tactical is battle-term) and because of the economic assets, etc. If MW:O has the economic functions (mining, selling, manufacturing, Solaris) implemented than having to be strategic follows. Then you have a whole other level of immersion added into the game.

Make sense?

#23 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:53 AM

CCP brought in lots of players who wanted Strategic planning, ships, etc. CCP also brought in people who wanted to be able to walk around in the stations to interact, etc.

CCP failed on this capability and instead had directed much of their earnings to failed games such as Dust 514 and that Vampire game.

CCP/EVE is beginning to haemorrhage players to other games who are crowd-funding lots of money, mostly Star Citizen and Elite: Dangerous. No wonder PGI wanted in on that action. You can't blame them, really, but I think a space game based in the BT universe would have garnered a LOT more interest.

#24 990Dreams

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 11 October 2014 - 08:53 AM, said:

I think a space game based in the BT universe would have garnered a LOT more interest.

I think they should focus on MW:O right now. As I said, the big appeal is the strategic. Implement this stuff I said into CW and MW:O will have almost everything you need for an MM:O. Then they can focus in on the little stuff we need.

Space fighting would be a nice other thing as well. They can tie the two games together.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users