4 replies to this topic

#1 Heisenbug

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 56 posts
  • Locationmom's basement

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:32 PM

Curious to hear peeps opins on this...

I usually log every day or so for a few matches. I didn't realize there was a challenge on until I'd lost 8 matches in a row. Couldn't understand why my team was so consistently ignorant about how to cooperate until it occurred to me:

The serious players, those who play more than me, aren't playing their favorite mechs every day. I got a decent 2:1 kill/death ratio, but I only play 2 or 3 mechs (all IS) perhaps 5-10 matches every 2 days. My guess is that the "serious players" would get bored only playing their best mechs, and so play a variety - some of which are not the most advantageous - thus pushing their elo down.

But then during the challenges, I'm supposing that these expert players are pulling out their best mechs and getting teamed with moderate players at worst (which are far better than those I've been getting teamed with tonight) and wracking up the kills and wins.

This is just speculation, perhaps I'm just hitting a patch of bad luck. But the community will be able to let me know/put me in my place. What do ya'all think?

PS: given the post, my title might be a misnomer (dunno if one can call what i'm describing as "manipulation"...

Edited by Heisenbug, 03 October 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#2 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:54 PM

You can edit the Title in the full editor.

Also, many of us can get on streaks win or lose.

#3 -Natural Selection-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,631 posts
  • Locationdirty south

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:51 PM

Everyone I drop with to include the guys I see on a regular in group matches I have seen in the same mechs they run everyday. Notice not seeing a bunch of lrms like usual? At least in the matches I have been dropped in all night, the has been little ecm and little need for it. Just straight brawl matches.

#4 XX Sulla XX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 12:02 AM

Thing is the top players like to win. So they tend to run mechs they can win in even if messing around. As some one said I have seen the people I know running the same mechs.

#5 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:50 AM

View PostHeisenbug, on 03 October 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

Curious to hear peeps opins on this...

I usually log every day or so for a few matches. I didn't realize there was a challenge on until I'd lost 8 matches in a row. Couldn't understand why my team was so consistently ignorant about how to cooperate until it occurred to me:

The serious players, those who play more than me, aren't playing their favorite mechs every day. I got a decent 2:1 kill/death ratio, but I only play 2 or 3 mechs (all IS) perhaps 5-10 matches every 2 days. My guess is that the "serious players" would get bored only playing their best mechs, and so play a variety - some of which are not the most advantageous - thus pushing their elo down.

But then during the challenges, I'm supposing that these expert players are pulling out their best mechs and getting teamed with moderate players at worst (which are far better than those I've been getting teamed with tonight) and wracking up the kills and wins.

This is just speculation, perhaps I'm just hitting a patch of bad luck. But the community will be able to let me know/put me in my place. What do ya'all think?

PS: given the post, my title might be a misnomer (dunno if one can call what i'm describing as "manipulation"...

You are right.

I use every mech to get the x2 bonus but when the challenge came out i only used direwolves, timberwolf and mad dog. Which i can easily push 900+ damage, however somehow my team still loses. What a joke :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users