- - - - -

Timberwolf

11 replies to this topic

#1 Ronin X

• PipPip
  • The Defiant
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:06 PM

How does one acquire a timber wolf or maddog ? I don't see them available for purchase on the market but see them in game all the time. Am I missing something.

#2 Lukoi Banacek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:11 PM

They were purchased via MC packages. You can still buy thr "Clan Pack" or get one ala carte via the Clan Invasion ads. The Maddog comes if you have purchased both a top tier Clan Pack and the upcoming wave 2 package. Both will be available later for mc and cbills though.

#3 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

If you want either a Timber Wolf or Mad Dog today, you have to pay real world cash to PGI (NOT MC at this time). The amount to do so varies, but the least a Timber Wolf will cost you is $55 US, or whatever they charge in your country. The Mad Dog costs much more, requiring $360 in purchasing the both the Masakari package ($240) from Wave 1 and the Man-O-War package ($120) from Wave 2 to be eligible for the "Bonus" Mad Dog mechs. The Timber Wolf will be available for MC the second "week" (read: Tuesday) of October, and CBills the second "week" (read:Tuesday) of November, due to how PGI handles it's Schedule for Wave 1. The Mad Dog will be available "December 16th for MC and January 20th for C-bills".

edit: strikeouts added to the (read:Tuesday)'s

Edited by MrBlonde42, 07 October 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#4 MazedMouse

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 01:13 PM

So would the upcoming Vulture also need these requirements or can we just wait till Dec to pay MC for a limited time only?

#5 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostMazedMouse, on 05 October 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

So would the upcoming Vulture also need these requirements or can we just wait till Dec to pay MC for a limited time only?

The Mad Dog (Vulture) is a bonus mech for folks who purchased the top teir pack for both clan wave 1 and 2. It will be released for (in game purchased currency) in December, and (in game earned currency) in January.

#6 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

View PostMrBlonde42, on 04 October 2014 - 07:11 PM, said:

The Timber Wolf will be available for MC the second "week" (read: Tuesday) of October, and CBills the second "week" (read:Tuesday) of November

I'm guessing that to be 14 Oct for and 11 Nov for since 1-4 Oct is not a "full week". Just have patience, save lots of cbills (14mil per mech, not including gears/parts) and have fun playing your current stable of mechs.

#7 Anassi

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 82 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 10:04 PM

It should be Oct 7 and Nov 4. If they stick to their "every two weeks" schedule then we'll get the Adder for CBills and the Timber Wolf for MC tomorrow, considering the Dire Whale came out for CBills two weeks ago. Oct 21 will be Warhawk for MC and Stormcrow for CBills.

Nov 4 will be doomsday.

#8 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostAnassi, on 05 October 2014 - 10:04 PM, said:

It should be Oct 7 and Nov 4. If they stick to their "every two weeks" schedule then we'll get the Adder for CBills and the Timber Wolf for MC tomorrow, considering the Dire Whale came out for CBills two weeks ago. Oct 21 will be Warhawk for MC and Stormcrow for CBills.

Nov 4 will be doomsday.

Yeah, looks like Timber Wolves are released for MC today, but they never said every two weeks, they said the 2nd week and 4th week were mech releases. Just the confusion of PGI's info graphic with no dates, nothing to worry about here, move along. Oh wait a minute, Pricing estimates for Timber wolves! The full set of timber wolves will cost more than $61 from the $100 package during the flash sale, plus mechbays. Once the sale is over the price goes up to $72.
  • TBR-C ~15,175,000
  • TBR-Prime ~15,187,500
  • TBR-S ~14,775,000

Edited by MrBlonde42, 07 October 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#9 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:12 AM

Actually i'm a little surprised. purchases of timber wolf and purchases of the adder have appeared to be slow compared to the kit fox and summoner. Maybe peeps ran out of ? :lol:

#10 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 October 2014 - 03:42 AM

View Postdragnier1, on 09 October 2014 - 03:12 AM, said:

Actually i'm a little surprised. purchases of timber wolf and purchases of the adder have appeared to be slow compared to the kit fox and summoner. Maybe peeps ran out of ? :lol:

or everoyne who has money for mc already owns a TW, I mean even without solo MC-TW's they were already everywhere. I guess c-bill release will flood them in.

#11 dragnier1

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:10 PM

I'm thinking at that time it'll be easier to find games with my (future) stormcrows. Don't want to compete for spaces with new TW owners

#12 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 October 2014 - 12:32 AM

View Postdragnier1, on 10 October 2014 - 09:10 PM, said:

I'm thinking at that time it'll be easier to find games with my (future) stormcrows. Don't want to compete for spaces with new TW owners

I have the same feeling. I rarely field my Assaults these days. I mostly go with medium and heavies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users