Did Pgi Get Some New Guinea Pigs For Their Servers?

3 replies to this topic

#1 Bazlborn2

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:22 AM

So something amazing happened yesterday. I played around 20 matches and my weapons were noticably more powerful. No longer was my ac20 a pea shooter, it actually hurt when I shot people. I am in the UK with fiber and a ping around 90-100, but normally I just accept that shooting stationary mechs point blank with 50 damage does very little.

Yesterday though I had two 7 kill pug matches and many games over 600 dmg with my IS mechs. (clans this is of course easier ;) )This isn't to brag but to marvel that my shots were landing for once. Could PGI have actually fixed their servers? I know this was probably a random event and tonight I will be back to shooting spit wads but heres hoping! has anyone else noticed an increase in hit detection for once?

#2 KamikazeRat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 711 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:48 AM

Switched over to hamsters, fast little buggers.

#3 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:50 AM

I had a wonderful morning last weekend where my ping dropped and damage registered.

Then last night it went back to the same old laggy nerf-fest.

#4 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:56 AM

HitReg goes in and out. Sometimes you can't hit a stationary Awesome at point blank, sometimes you can swap even the fastest Firestarter down at 800 meters. When it fails it seems to coincide with American gaming prime time, which is generally in the evening when all the kiddos are out of school and the adults get home from work, or on the weekend.

Yesterday it seemed on point for at least a couple hours. I took my thunderbolt 9SE out for a spin (3x LPL, 2ML) and I was hitting 400-600 damage reliably.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users