- - - - -

Game Mode Voting System Explained - Feedback

174 replies to this topic

#161 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:11 PM

I am not logging in to the game currently due to this change. I was holding out for JJ changes but this change is a deal breaker. I will not join games and d/c as I don't think that's fair, so I will follow the moderators advice and not buy MC, not log in, and voice my displeasure in these feedback forums.

#162 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 07 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

Amazing, it made no difference for me at all.
I always randomize between Assault and Skirmish and that is just what I got!
Hmmmm.

#163 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

View PostShrekken, on 07 October 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

Ok, soooo, played a few games with the new system... Sorry guys, I really hate it. I really don't like being forced to play a game mode I really don't like and don't want to play (Conquest) and to a degree the same goes for maps.

View PostTygerLily, on 07 October 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

What's been your ratio of Conquest to Assault/Skirmish and how many games have you played under the new system?

View PostShrekken, on 07 October 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

Out of 11 games, 2 conquest, 4 assault and 5 skirmish.

I'm hoping you see that you played what you want 81% of the time and you got to play what others people wanted 19% of the time. All the while, because ALL players were included, your games were much more even on skill balance.

Even if you hate Conquest - unless you're playing Alpine or Tourmaline - the game boils down to brawling. To win Conquest you only need to maintain 3 points to win. On Alpine, three mid points are super close together (you could do it in a Dire).

#164 Lynx7725

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:26 PM

Eh, just a feedback. Why random roll at the end? If the majority of the players in a match voted for one mode, give them that mode. If there is a tie then do a tiebreaker. RNG to ignore everyone's choice is just asking to get blamed. Let the players shoulder the responsibility of the game mode.

#165 CFTECH

Rookie

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:49 PM

Why is it that every time I spend money on this game, every time, after every big purchase, I'm not talking about the small purchases of $29.95 and $49.95, I'm talking about the big packages, something always gets "fixed". I realize the game is always evolving, but do you guys ever test any of this crap? I don't really care for conquest and I don't really want to play 5 games of skirmish in a row, I think I'm going to have to find a new hobby, one I enjoy playing

#166 Malestrom

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 17 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

OK, I may be a little late to this particular party but I have to say it- the amount of QQ and crying foul because the game isn't EXACTLY the way you want it to be, RIGHT NOW is the reason I shun most online forums completely.

At the very best, every single person's experience playing this game is anecdotal. Sure you may have had a string of matches in one particular game mode, you may have been stomped by the opposing team several times in a day. I'm sure that sucks. But acting like this is the universal experience for everyone involved is just plain naive. . Unless you somehow have access to EVERY SINGLE BIT of PGI's data, you do not have a complete picture of the state of the game, no matter how well-informed you may be

I'm inclined to think PGI is making these changes to benefit the whole community. It's in their own best interests to improve the quality of matches for as many players as possible by making them as evenly matched as they can be, which is the exact intention of these changes being implemented. So grab yourself a tissue, wipe away those tears and have a little faith, for the love of all that is good.

And if all else fails, and the game still isn't meeting your expectations? Stop. Playing.

Seriously, cut down on your (and our) frustration, take a month off and go play something else. Come back later to test the waters again and save us all some aggravation.

Edited by Malestrom, 07 October 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#167 Grayblue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:34 PM

Backward thinking is backward thinking, no matter how complex the system is.

Bring back the game mode choice.

#168 Darkwolven

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:48 AM

You leave a poll up for a couple days and then call it "listening to the forums"? Really? A poll like this should be up for WEEKS. Had I known about it, I would have voted. I absolutely HATE conquest and if you make me play it even in solo mode, I AM DONE.

#169 Darkwolven

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:55 AM

View PostTygerLily, on 07 October 2014 - 07:55 PM, said:

I'm hoping you see that you played what you want 81% of the time and you got to play what others people wanted 19% of the time. All the while, because ALL players were included, your games were much more even on skill balance.

Even if you hate Conquest - unless you're playing Alpine or Tourmaline - the game boils down to brawling. To win Conquest you only need to maintain 3 points to win. On Alpine, three mid points are super close together (you could do it in a Dire).

Why should anybody be FORCED to play a game mode they don't like? I would rather be chained down on a chair with controller in hand being forced to play ET on the Atari 2600 than play conquest. Forcing people to play what they don't want to play is just ethically wrong, no matter WHAT good comes of it. I'm done unless they bring back the mode choice for all players. It's bad enough they haven't fixed my mechs. I've had an open ticket for months...they just don't care who they alienate.

Edited by Darkwolven, 09 October 2014 - 06:55 AM.

#170 Darkwolven

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:59 AM

View PostMalestrom, on 07 October 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

OK, I may be a little late to this particular party but I have to say it- the amount of QQ and crying foul because the game isn't EXACTLY the way you want it to be, RIGHT NOW is the reason I shun most online forums completely.

At the very best, every single person's experience playing this game is anecdotal. Sure you may have had a string of matches in one particular game mode, you may have been stomped by the opposing team several times in a day. I'm sure that sucks. But acting like this is the universal experience for everyone involved is just plain naive. . Unless you somehow have access to EVERY SINGLE BIT of PGI's data, you do not have a complete picture of the state of the game, no matter how well-informed you may be

I'm inclined to think PGI is making these changes to benefit the whole community. It's in their own best interests to improve the quality of matches for as many players as possible by making them as evenly matched as they can be, which is the exact intention of these changes being implemented. So grab yourself a tissue, wipe away those tears and have a little faith, for the love of all that is good.

And if all else fails, and the game still isn't meeting your expectations? Stop. Playing.

Seriously, cut down on your (and our) frustration, take a month off and go play something else. Come back later to test the waters again and save us all some aggravation.

I have taken MONTHS off and come back a few times and continue to see the game get worse and worse. I don't care how you validate the change, forcing people to play a game mode they don't like is just wrong, period. And your shaming people who are trying to tell them so is just lame. It's not qq'ing when you've given a company hundreds of dollars and when they ask for input people give it. I have an idea instead. If you don't like the complaining then stay out of the FEEDBACK threads maybe?

#171 TygerLily

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,150 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostDarkwolven, on 09 October 2014 - 06:55 AM, said:

Why should anybody be FORCED to play a game mode they don't like? I would rather be chained down on a chair with controller in hand being forced to play ET on the Atari 2600 than play conquest. Forcing people to play what they don't want to play is just ethically wrong, no matter WHAT good comes of it. I'm done unless they bring back the mode choice for all players. It's bad enough they haven't fixed my mechs. I've had an open ticket for months...they just don't care who they alienate.

Such a drama queen! Murder and stealing are ethically wrong not occasionally playing a mode against much more evenly matched players. If we had this voting mechanic since day one, no one would care. Whatever, though it doesn't matter. They reverted the mechanic, we're back to the old way...

...this difference is, no one who like the new voting isn't to threaten for refunds, or never play again, lol. Such drama...

#172 Grayblue

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

Posted by TygerLily:
Such a drama queen! Murder and stealing are ethically wrong not occasionally playing a mode against much more evenly matched players. If we had this voting mechanic since day one, no one would care. Whatever, though it doesn't matter. They reverted the mechanic, we're back to the old way...

...this difference is, no one who like the new voting isn't to threaten for refunds, or never play again, lol. Such drama...

Well, prepare to not to be dramatic when I join your Conquest and Assault games.

I won't threat to stop play.

Because, I am playing skirmish regardless of what game mode I will be thrown at.

#173 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostTygerLily, on 09 October 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

I do not care which mode, B**** mode, or minus sqrote mode.
But when puggin I care map n spawn. What is up with "inappropriate word" , spawn in dire whale, my wail, what a "inappropriate word" whale.
Anyway, enjoy the ploy boyz, make some noise, share your joyz.

#174 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 09 October 2014 - 06:42 PM

P.S. As an assault mech in conquest, the battle will ALWAYS come to you. Make them pay!

#175 RAMBROSE

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostRAMBROSE, on 07 October 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

I don't like playing conquest- just my preference. That choice removed, I will play a lot less.

I came back yesterday and was happy to find the change. Thank you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users