I Want More Games, But Not Transverse. How About...

No replies to this topic

#1 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 11:10 PM

Transverse sort of died in the first few days it was announced. Probably because the genre is already a two horse race between Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. Transverse would already be behind the curve with them.

Also, There is the (probably irrational) fact that players may feel that Transverse was taking resources away from MWO.

The games I want to see, and I kid you not. These really are the games I want to play.

1. Give me a game with transforming military fighters-robots. Yes, I want a rip off game of Macross, this time without the legal issues, and without the J-pop teenagers that sing the enemy to death. Give me military combat with just the machines, please.

Posted Image

Just take the controls from High Moon Studios Transformer War/Fall of Cybertron games and go. Fast paced action game.

Hell, even a first person shooter with Cyclones would be fun.

Posted Image

2. I want to be the captain of a true space warship.

Posted Image

Give me world war 1 in space with star cruisers blasting the snot out of each other. To get even more specific I would prefer long reloading powerful weapons (USS Iowa vs IJN Yamato) over lots of little guns that slowly whittle you down (aka Star Wars).

There is the game called Dreadnought that could fill this void. Also, the game company that made Strike Suit Zero is making a battleship game that for the time being is code named "World of Spaceships" until they make up a true name for it.

I think PGI could get in on that genre. We got the little space trader games already. Something else maybe be better.

3. I want to play Renegade Legion tank game.

Posted Image

It had a pretty inovative damage model system where differen weapons (and even different ammo) did a graph pattern of damage. A laser would cut deep, but only cut 1 grid wide, while a multi-warhead missile wouldn't cut deep at all, but hit in 5 different places. Get the damage to the bottom of the armor graph and you start losing systems, and then get to the bottom of the armor grid you die.

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 06 October 2014 - 11:14 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users