Can I Own Several Of The Same Variant?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:01 AM

What happens if I buy say the Stalker Mastery pack but already own one of the variants. Will I have two of them or will one be overwritten and if so which one?

#2 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:02 AM

You can own multiples.

I have as many as three of one variant.

#3 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:05 AM

Thanks for the info.

#4 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:09 AM

You can own multiple copies of the same mech, yes.

But keep in mind: if the reason you want multiple copies of the same mech is to have different loadouts (with the same upgrades), you may want to save the CBills and hold off for a 'Save Loadout' feature in the future, and just deal with switching out gear manually for now.

But, however, the one thing that I don't think a 'save loadout' feature will be able to do is apply the correct upgrades to the chassis automatically. (And even if it CAN do this, you'll have to pay CB in order to change your upgrade types)

Let's say, for example: You have two JM6-S builds in mind. One utilizes Endo Steel Structure, while the other build utilizes Standard Structure, then yes, you'll definitely want two copies of the same mech to avoid having to pay money to switch armor types out every time you want to change your build .

(this is currently the only reason I'll purchase multiples of the same mech)

Edited by xeromynd, 08 October 2014 - 09:10 AM.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 08 October 2014 - 09:05 AM, said:

Thanks for the info.

Glad to help. FWIW, one of the ones I have two of is the STK-3F. One has ES and the other doesn't. As one if the rare mechs that has good builds both ways, this allows me to play with either without major additional investment. Most of my other dupes are just for convenience. All of the additional ones bought on sale. :)

#6 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 08 October 2014 - 10:47 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 08 October 2014 - 09:09 AM, said:

You can own multiple copies of the same mech, yes.

But keep in mind: if the reason you want multiple copies of the same mech is to have different loadouts (with the same upgrades), you may want to save the CBills and hold off for a 'Save Loadout' feature in the future, and just deal with switching out gear manually for now.

But, however, the one thing that I don't think a 'save loadout' feature will be able to do is apply the correct upgrades to the chassis automatically. (And even if it CAN do this, you'll have to pay CB in order to change your upgrade types)

Let's say, for example: You have two JM6-S builds in mind. One utilizes Endo Steel Structure, while the other build utilizes Standard Structure, then yes, you'll definitely want two copies of the same mech to avoid having to pay money to switch armor types out every time you want to change your build .

(this is currently the only reason I'll purchase multiples of the same mech)

PGI is extremely unlikely to ever allow a save loadout. They occasionally say they might add it but it's clearly against their economic model to allow it. People buy more mechbays and mechs and that's how an F2P works unfortunately. Many simple things that would improve QoL as it can be monetized.

#7 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:17 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 08 October 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

PGI is extremely unlikely to ever allow a save loadout. They occasionally say they might add it but it's clearly against their economic model to allow it. People buy more mechbays and mechs and that's how an F2P works unfortunately. Many simple things that would improve QoL as it can be monetized.

Now that you've pointed it out, I do see how it would affect their income, and it would certainly free up the grind
(which, I guess is NOT good for a F2P game, as Grind = Frustration = "Hey lets skip the grind and just buy this with MC")

I do, however remember somewhere something that was stated by a dev about a small fee for changing loadouts (I could be wrong, but I swear I remember it). Something like "hey you need to pay all those virtual little mechanics to swap your loadout for you, so you can be lazy and not have to do it"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users