419 replies to this topic

#1 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

https://twitter.com/...923381140205568

Expect a hotfix patch somewhere around 4pm today to remove the game mode voting system - going back to the way it was.

Edited by DEMAX51, 08 October 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#2 Fut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

Don't really understand what's going on.
Wasn't there a poll with 50%+ in favor of the new voting system? Why would they change it?

#3 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

Because it's a crap storm from supporters and those opposed. No one wants to clean up the poo, so a quick reversal is needed. After that... Who knows, but I wouldn't expect any changes to mm till after cw at this point.

#4 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 08 October 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

man he's been talking to us in that thread but still brings it to Twitter first lol

View PostFut, on 08 October 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Wasn't there a poll with 50%+ in favor of the new voting system? Why would they change it?

Because the "no" side is less than 3% less than the yes.

Theres a LOT of unhappy ppl. Saying +50% doesnt tell you the whole story; here Ill help:
  • Yes - I want the improvement in team ELO differences. (1433 votes [51.70%])
  • No - I would rather be assured of the game modes I am playing. (1339 votes [48.30%])

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 08 October 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#5 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

Correct decision but sad because obviously Russ hoped for a much more positive feedback.

#6 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

Bullied into submission. Disgusting display of how reactionary this community can be.

#7 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

or in Niko's words:

Attention all,

By Presidential order, I am closing the poll. While there is a slight majority in favour of keeping the changes as is: Our hope was for a clear or resounding majority in order to keep these changes. As that is not the case, we are looking to reverse the Game Mode changes later today in a hot-fix and restoring the hard selections.

We hope to re-approach these concerns from different angles, and to see which approach offers the greatest utilitarian benefit to the Community. In the meantime, we invite you to continue this discussion in one of the several General Discussion threads which have emerged since yesterday.

The Hot-Fix is currently scheduled for 4PM PDT / 7 PM EDT / 11 PM UTC
Thank you all.

#8 Haakon Magnusson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 636 posts
  • LocationI have no idea, they keep resetting CW map

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

That sucks..

#9 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

View PostShredhead, on 08 October 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Bullied into submission. Disgusting display of how reactionary this community can be.

I see it as listening to the people.
YMMV

Edited by Mechwarrior Buddah, 08 October 2014 - 11:17 AM.

#10 Fut

• Moderate Giver
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

View PostMechwarrior Buddah, on 08 October 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

I see it as listening to the people.
YMMV

Listening to the people, but ignoring the 1433 people who voted in favour of the change.
All this does is reinforce the idea that if you complain hard enough, you'll get your way.

#11 Helsbane

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

Personally I'm glad to see it go back to locked selections instead of a mere vote. Now, if they'd alter Conquest to be more dynamic and provide rewards for things like BASE CAPPING, not to mention move the Alpine nodes back to their original locations, I'd play it again. Until then, no thank you, I'll pass on the multi-node deathball game.

#12 DasaDevil

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

this is widely a step forward for PGI in general. At the very least, have faith that they'll come up with a solution that works for everybody.

#13 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostFut, on 08 October 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Listening to the people, but ignoring the 1433 people who voted in favour of the change.
All this does is reinforce the idea that if you complain hard enough, you'll get your way.

..and? Look at the history of the LRM nerfs. Thats ALWAYS been the way

#14 VanillaG

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,115 posts
  • LocationIn my parent's basement

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

I really hope that they come back with change ONLY for the group queue. The numbers showed that the change had no affect on the solo matches but had an affect on the group matches. The more people that you can bring in a team min/maxed for a specific game mode the greater influence you can have on the outcome.

If people want guaranteed game modes they can play in the solo queue or private matches because both of those types of games can support the exclusions. As it stands right now the group queue cannot support competitive matches AND support game mode exclusions.

#15 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

Well, when people are purposely suiciding, disconnecting, and TKing on match types they don't want, the alternative was to ban ALL of those people... or change it back.

I hate the fact that to those people, those tactics are now validated as they got what they wanted.

The decision makes no difference to me (mostly a pugger :D)... but still. I can't help but think, you know, PGI has been making a pretty big effort recently to communicate and ask for input, and then they do that, the playerbase responds, changes are carried through, and the players turn on them. They can't win, it must be frustrating.

Edited by cSand, 08 October 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#16 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

I guess i will just link that the next time ANYONE complains about uneven teams or long ques.... Heck might as well make a pretty little copy/paste for it.

A day people... You did not even give it a proper day... *sucks onteeth and waves cane around* backin my days we had some stamina.. We endured bugs for weeks and weird features for months.. or forever...

#17 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

I have to give PGI a big resounding round of applause on this one. It was the correct decision in this case and for the best of the game.

Also you have to keep in mind that those who wanted to vote didn't really lose anything. Sure some matches might have had a bit tighter ELO match ups but ELO was never going to prevent stomps because as soon as one team loses even one mech, they are at a massive disadvantage. The reality is I doubt there was much noticeable difference for most players.

On the other hand, those who hate playing something like Conquest, lost a hell of alot with the change. For them it wasn't just some minor difference in their game play experience, rather it totally changed it.

So yeah good for PGI making the correct decision in this case and lets face it, they did actually listen to the community. 49% of your players not liking something unfortunately it way to large a margin for them to allow to exist. Doing so would absolutely not be best for the game.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 08 October 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#18 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostFut, on 08 October 2014 - 11:08 AM, said:

Because, in his own words at the end of the post announcing the poll:

Since the game was active for so long with the game mode hard selection in place I think it is only fair to the community that the vote needs to come out with a strong majority again.

#19 Mechwarrior Buddah

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostcSand, on 08 October 2014 - 11:21 AM, said:

Well, when people are purposely suiciding, disconnecting, and TKing on match types they don't want, the alternative was to ban ALL of those people... or change it back.

I hate the fact that to those people, those tactics are now validated as they got what they wanted.

The decision makes no difference to me... but still. I can't help but think, you know, PGI has been making a pretty big effort recently to communicate and ask for input, and then they do that, the playerbase responds, changes are carried through, and the players turn on them. They can't win, it must be frustrating.

Gotta agree with this (even tho I was on the no side of the argument)

#20 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 08 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

View PostFut, on 08 October 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

Look at how many things get nerfed by request, its ******* sad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users