Love All The Cw Fixes Before Cw Is Even A Thing

3 replies to this topic

#1 Desolator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

Why are people asking for changes to Clan Wars when not a single person has even played in them yet.

People want even further tonnage restrictions.
People want to force people to play mechs that maybe they don't enjoy playing or are bad at playing.
People want to give more personal rewards, in an event that is supposed to be team orientated.

How about people wait to actually play the event, before they have these grand epiphanies.

I personally think that the 240 ton restriction should be upped so people can play 2 100t mech and not forced to play lights. Not too mention Clan pilots can't even do this due to available mechs.

I personally don't think people should be shoe-horned into playing 1/1/1/1 either.
Some people like to only play mediums, some people can't play lights. All forcing someone to play a mech they don't want to or aren't good at is promoting poor play.

Forcing a tonnage minimum is also not fair to people that only want to play lights.

If you are going to have a tonnage limit, there shouldn't also be a requirement of bringing 4 mechs.
If there is a requirement of bringing 4 mechs, there should be enough tonnage for people to play the mechs they enjoy playing.

Again this is a team orientated event. The meta will ebb and flow accordingly.

#2 Asmudius Heng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

You say to play it before you judge it, then you go into how you would like to see it ... thats a bit of a disconnect right?

Nothing wrong with critiquing a concept as long as people dont think they know exact details which they sometimes do.

We all talked about the problems with ECM before it was implemented and it was even more game changing that anyone even guessed for the most part. More discussion to find flaws is going to be better for everyone as long as PGI is paying attention ... which so far they seem to be to a much better degree.

#3 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:29 PM

people have been theory crafting a long time, and asking doesnt meant they will get it but if it makes PGI thnk an extra second about something and maybe make a better decision then i say ask away

#4 Reitrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:58 PM

View PostDesolator, on 09 October 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

People want to force people to play mechs that maybe they don't enjoy playing or are bad at playing.

This line makes me laugh every time hear it or a variation of it.

Oh noes, the game is asking me to learn how to play the "whole" game!
Pro-tip, Learning how to play a chassis improves your ability to kill them.
Knowing the strengths/weaknesses of a given 'Mech is a powerful thing.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users