General

9 replies to this topic

#1 DeathWaffle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 102 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:12 PM

This is a very sentimental message for me to write, since I didnt complete the first three challenges, I got a big 0% next to them and didnt get the prizes, those were busy times for me, and for many others too I believe, will they be available again (including cockpit items like the operation 24 hanging item?)

Many thanks!

#2 Dracol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:16 PM

I would guess no. What is done is done. We move on to bigger and brighter challenges. Sucks you have some incompletes, I do to, but it is the nature of the beast.

#3 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,580 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:27 PM

I'd just be happy if we could hide them, those glaring red X make me sigh every time I visit my challenge page.

#4 Nothing Whatsoever

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:49 PM

Yeah, now that you bring that up, hiding those previous Challenges would be fine to add to the to-do list for the Website.

Maybe make use of the Current and Archived filter found on the other Tabs in that section?

#5 Sergeant Random

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 462 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 09 October 2014 - 08:52 PM

Fret not. Let not your heart be broken by silly numbers! A cockpit item does not a good life make! Take your pew pew and your boom boom to frag and be fragged in an orgy of violence and sundered digital metal and lubricant. And most of all, be thankful for what youve got.

#6 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

I haven't missed any starting with the free Centurion earlier this year. Then I was gone the weekend of the Steiner mechbay. That ticked me off. The only other incomplete for me are the GXP rewards, tier 2 and 3. Another busy weekend. I didn't care enough to complete them in the one night I was back home, so just got the 3 days premium time and quit.

I wouldn't mind them not showing up there. The "Big Red X" is just kind of taunting me every time I visit the page.

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:07 AM

Some challenge items were regular shop items (such as the hanging bullet) so could easily appear again as a reward.

Things like Operation 24 was specific to only that challenge, and I would not expect it to ever appear again.

#8 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:52 PM

I couldn't stand the idea of grinding out 30 more wins in solo q for "Path to Victory 50" and it was a busy weekend, so I let it go. It was actually quite liberating. When the rewards for Lance Challenge 2 Tiers 2&3 were about 65 cents worth of GXP, it bothered me not at all to skip that too.

Relish those red Xs! You'll never have a complete set, so it need trouble you no more! :D

#9 UrsusMorologus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • 616 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

At least reverse the sort order so I dont see FAIL YOU SUCK at the top of the list

#10 Col Jaime Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

bugs me too, specially since i dont group alot so all the lance challanges are unfulfilled. I try to tell myself i dont care cuz its just a bunch of tryhards getting stompped by 8-12 mans in the group que.

but it would be nice if PGI just opened them up or put time limits on them but let you keep trying until you succeed or allowed you to retry a failed challange once a week.

i know alot of pilots that dont play on the weekend at all cuz of family, kids events est. thats what bugs me the most because i have to choose between trying to cram homework (bad idea) and trying to complete challanges, or just say #$ #it and do homework and go hang out with peeps or get a little party on.

would allow new players to get a bunch of sweet swag as well and not feel so grindy.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users