Ppc/erppc Speed/vs/acceleration!

41 replies to this topic

Poll: Change the way PPC/ERPPC/CERPPC function? (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Add "Acceleration" to PPC projectiles

1. Yes (46 votes [28.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.75%

2. No (114 votes [71.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.25%

Adjust PPC speeds up around 1100-1200 Mps

1. Yes (92 votes [57.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.50%

2. No (68 votes [42.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.50%

Reduce PPC/ERPPC/CERPPC heat?

1. Yes (39 votes [24.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.38%

2. No (121 votes [75.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.62%

Add a "Charging" mechanic to PPC/ERPPC/CERPPC

1. Yes (38 votes [23.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.75%

2. No (122 votes [76.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Trashhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:25 AM

Voted for Charging and upping speed.

Regarding "speed" i think we can fix that by adding a charging mechanic.

Give the PPC two modes of opperation.

Regualar mode - hit FIRE and let go:
- PPC fires as usual; chain-fire possible.
- the Particle Projectile" flies at regular speed

Advanced mode - hold FIRE and let go to fire:
- PPC will charge and fire as soon as you let go. If you hold to long the gun will simply discharge (same mechanism as the Gauss here); chain-fire impossible. If you want to fire more then one PPC you have to link them.
- due to the optimized charging-process the Particle Projectile will be fired at a much higher speed (at least the old, pre-nerf speed, but i think 3x the current speed could also work).

(Note that using he Advanced Firing-mode requires more skill and patience, while in return your crosshair did not have to lead your target as much as in the current mode.)

I suggest this kind of mode to be used for all types of PPC, ER- and Standard.

(I think technically it would be more logical to use the Advanced firing mode only for the ER-PPC, as the charging process i described could in this case be explained as a necessity in order to create a stable Projectile which both lasts longer and has no minimal range.
Just a thought... .)

If it is impossible to use both modes in the game at once (say, for Lag-reasosn or what ever), let the players decide which mode the want to use; allow them to toggle between the 2 modes in the option menu, just like that for arms lock etc.-

Conclussion:
So, who ever wants to shoot the PPC like today can still do that - nothing changes for them - while others who want to have faster Particle-Projectiles will need to be more patient.

Lore / Canon:
Also: charging a PPC, with the gun slowly starting to glow in light blue before it fires, is also described in the novels pretty much in that way (i only have read like 6 of the novels years ago, and those were in German, so i have no idea if i was misguided, or if my memory is correct).
Plus it would look really, really cool (and possibly intimidating, as your opponent will see what you are about to do in a second). ;)

Your oppinions, please ?

#42 s0hno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:41 AM

I agree that the PPC lost a lot of it's flavour. But acceleration doesn't make sense physically... That would be too disturbing for me. However, the same count for the minimum range on the standard PPC. Do the particles decide to be friendly the first nanoseconds, and then grow angry? I just don't get it :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users