7 replies to this topic

#1 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 10 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

This video provides a look and the Alpine Peak map in Mechwarrior Online.

#2 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

It would be nice if players would start having reason to fight in the other areas in that map than just "OMG WE MUST TAKE THE HILL (rat trap) AT H10 OR WE LOSE!" Maybe the mods could spread out the capture points for Conquest a little further to those areas? Maybe relocate some of the capture points as they are spread out in Caustic Valley and The Mining Collective.

#3 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

View PostRazorbeastFXK3, on 10 October 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

It would be nice if players would start having reason to fight in the other areas in that map than just "OMG WE MUST TAKE THE HILL (rat trap) AT H10 OR WE LOSE!" Maybe the mods could spread out the capture points for Conquest a little further to those areas? Maybe relocate some of the capture points as they are spread out in Caustic Valley and The Mining Collective.

For those of who weren't around when they launched the map, they did move the conquest points. They used to be around the H8 hill. Moving them to where they currently helped move the conquest games away from the hill.

Edited by Spike Brave, 10 October 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#4 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 10 October 2014 - 02:39 PM

I do the H11, I11 on occasion. It's a nice change of pace.

#5 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:21 PM

I do not know if it happened to everyone but when watching the video, there were a couple of times of stutters and once when the image just froze on me, I could hear the sounds of the DK moving but the image was frozen on a hill.

Moving Conquest points further out would bring back old complaints. They used to be spread out more but people complained of travel times especially Heavy & Assault Mechs. One Light left from a team that focused on capping could win the game.

The early spot in the video about Gamma point in Conquest is incorrect a but, you can skip it early even if driving a Light then have 1 Light cap it about midway into the match even taking it from the enemy, I have done this.

#6 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:07 AM

Mechant - I just watched to vid and had no problems with it.

Another great job Spike Brave! You're my favorite teacher ;-)

Ayrmoon

#7 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

I miss the old caps. Lights made a difference. The heavies would have their brawl down south of the ridge. Lights would focus capping. And often encounter another group of lights from the other side. And light on light action is the most fast and furious EVER!

And even if your big guys got rolled you could pull a win out by focusing on the objectives. That should really be brought back since there is skirmish now.

#8 Stickjock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostRazorbeastFXK3, on 10 October 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

It would be nice if players would start having reason to fight in the other areas in that map than just "OMG WE MUST TAKE THE HILL (rat trap) AT H10 OR WE LOSE!" Maybe the DEVS could spread out the capture points for Conquest a little further to those areas? Maybe relocate some of the capture points as they are spread out in Caustic Valley and The Mining Collective.

Fixed that for you... seeing as WE have no control over it... ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users