Shaking The Money Maker

3 replies to this topic

#1 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 996 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:56 PM

In business, the idea is to make money, ethically if you can,otherwise, any way you can.
I am not in agreement with the business model pgi has run with, and I know something about poor gamers spending money they shouldn't.

Better to have a thousand gamers spending 10 bucks, then a hundred spending a hundred. Ask league of legends.
The reason that is true is based in interest. It's it better to have a 1000 interested, or 100?
How many friends do a 100 people have to bring to the pgi mechwarrior?
And how many do the 1000 have?
What are your ideas to help pgi to make money?
I have spent 300 plus
how much have you spent and why?
I spent it believing the game was trying to recreate the battle technology from books, to do what the table top could not(after I learned what table top was), to do what the books spoke of, to make the hardest 1st person, team tactic game possible, beyond anything xbox360!
Difficulty breeds excellence, excellence breeds elite, elite breeds envy, envy breeds followers, followers prints money.

My main idea is Solaris, or equivalent...
pay 4 mêlée, either 15 to 20 mc individually, or whatever c bill equivalent.
Earn c bill or mc on match as deemed appropriate.
You can payout winners 1,2,3 as you see fit.
The turnover would be amazing.
You could Also have spectators from streaming being mc or better(legally) c bills, though you could have a mc charge to bet c bills on the match, make similar to horse betting, tri factor etc......!!!
you could even contact out las Vegas site to handle this.
They will bid for privilege of getting percentage.

Another idea is, 1 vs 1 or any combo 1 vs 2, 3, 4 streamed mc only or 2,000,000 c bill, tripple payout, and have players c bill gamble with mc fee to do.

Anyway, place your ideas to help, sarcasm is for other threads, not this one. Gl hf o7

Edited by plodder, 08 January 2015 - 08:01 PM.

#2 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:16 PM

Very neat idea - I like it.
Maybe they could even make the announcer position part of the match that a player gets to fill. Announcer gets c-bill rewards based on votes by spectators. Competitors and spectators have easy option to turn announcer sound on/off so no worries about annoying trolls.

Have the betting system be run by a computer "bookie" character, so the house that takes a cut of all the bets is just a c-bill sink. But give that character a few voiceover lines and some background.

#3 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

Once you start having MC being placed on a line, that becomes "gambling", which starts having it's own nightmare legal restrictions. As far as C-bills, that could be acceptable.

To be honest though, minus spectating and the gambling aspect (which may invite gold farmers actually as well), we kinda already have a solaris like event. Either public drops (non-CW matches), or Private matches (which requires Premium Time, which is MC related) if you want less than 12 vs 12 (and/or preset teams).

You also have to consider work time and effort to possible income. How many people do you think would "spectate" if it cost them real money to do so? Not many would. How many people would spend MC so that they may bet (gamble) c-bills? I don't imagine this being often used.

(Please inform me if I've misunderstood what you are suggesting... I didn't find your suggestion very clearly stated.)

#4 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:38 AM

LoL has laods of gamers, MWO not, your idea is not working because oyu make 1th of prices but you need 10x the sales.

I mena the wave 1 package was said to be sold 20k times, imagine it would be 10x cheaper, do you think we would have sold 200k of them? unlikely.

and bets and gamblings with a realie sustained currency will bring you into legal issues with serveral countries laws.
And then even the non reallife currency is aborderline thing some countreis do not allow.

Edited by Lily from animove, 09 January 2015 - 01:40 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users