- - - - -

Loyalty Rewards Program

8 replies to this topic

#1 VvsweepervV

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

Just wondering if i purchased a Timberwolf A La Carte now would i get the Atlas AS7-S. from the loyalty rewards? I figured the answer would be no becuase i did not pre purchase it however after searching around the forums ive found that that might not be the case.

http://mwomercs.com/...ut-the-atlas-s/

A final answer would be great thanks for your help. :)

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:32 AM

Yes! The deadline was extended to the 21st, and it includes purchasing Clan pack 1 items (which are not technically "preorders" anymore but they are still a "package")

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 04:40 AM

Yes.

A Timber Wolf will get you the Atlas S. Timber Wolf will appear at 4 PM Pacific Time (California time) during a week days and Saturdays (banks don't finalize transactions on Sundays).

A Wave II mech (A la Carte or otherwise) will get you the Atlas S + 30 Days of Premium Time + Polygon Camo on Wave 2 'Mechs.* (as well as the sequential "monthly" pre-order rewards for the Wave 2 mechs). But you will see the Atlas S before the Wave 2 mech.

On a side note: Have you ever acquired MC? You'll be looking at my favorite Centurion in your mechbay. The Centurion CN9-AH. AC/20 right arm. Missiles. No energy.

#4 VvsweepervV

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:39 AM

Thanks for the final answer on this i really appreciate it and yes i purchased some MC long ago in the beta for some camo colors however that was over a year ago (I think), unfortunatly im not really interested in any of the new clan mechs coming out since i dont reconise them from the MW games i played when i was younger (MW3 , MW4) but regardles i still appriate the time ill go and purchase my TW right now, 4 mechs + 4 mechbays and a custome skin for 50$ doesnt sound like a bad deal to me especially for how many hours ive played that game. :D

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:17 AM

All of them were from the MW2 games. :)

Which was also the last place you could see a Marauder in an MW game. MW2 and Mechwarrior 3050 was where I started.
Though honestly in relation to the other games... if I started out with the original Mechwarrior I think the future ones would have disappointed me in terms of the depth outside of combat.

Played Wing Commander? Know how between missions you can explore the ship and talk with people? Yeah, you could do that... in 1989. and still had 3D combat. I wish I could get it to run on Windows 7.

Still, you can't beat the combat that Mw3 and MWO provides. (I don't find it to be very canon, but it is still some of the best combat you can get in a mechwarrior game to date).

#6 Lord Curmudgeon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:24 AM

@Koniving, play around with Windows compatibility modes with DosBox, I have it running in Windows 8. You can also run a virtual PC with an earlier version of Windows or Dos for that matter, that's how I have MW2 series running. Original Activision MW game is available at Abandonia just so you all know.

#7 VvsweepervV

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:42 AM

No i have not played Wing Commander either, i was just to young when it came out (My dad got me into Mechwarriors when i was still like 7) after playing MW3 for a while i was amazed at both the graphics (for its time) and the over all fluid gameplay.

#8 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:50 AM

Wing Commander was sooo good. I played it like 15 years too late and it was still amazing. I wound up flying the last mission solo because my wingman died in one of those horrendous late-game minefields, and I literally won by the skin of my teeth. I actually thought I had failed the mission because I ran out of missiles and had to eject a split second before the scads of enemies around the station blew me up, but I got the winning ending.

That reminds me of something WC had that MWO probably could. It'd be pretty neat if when you took cockpit damage the cockpit was dynamically modified to reflect that. Like, in Wing Commander, if you got shot to hell, your cockpit started having panels pop open and wires stick out everywhere, and when you got back the tech guy would comment on all the holes in your ship, or if you were lucky, lack thereof.

#9 VvsweepervV

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 03:04 PM

In MW3 your cockpit glass got bullet holes and scratches on it when it took damage, also bridges and builders were destructible... how we cant get that down now is beyond me...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users