- - - - -

Xp Wise, Is There A Drawback To Using A Trial Mech?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Melon Lord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

Do you get less XP or GXP (or anything else for that matter) for using a trial mech compared to the same non champion variant you might own? I'm a little short on funds now and wanted to know if I'm missing out on anything by using the trial mech while I slowly customize the one I own.

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

You get the full XP/GXP.
You do not, however, get to spend it on the trial mech, and none that you have spent on your other copy of the same mech (champion or not) will work on the trial.

So if your owned version has speed tweak for enhanced speed... the trial will still have regular speed.

#3 990Dreams

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,908 posts
  • LocationHotlanta

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:32 AM

I do not think there is.

Edited by DavidHurricane, 11 October 2014 - 06:32 AM.

#4 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 11 October 2014 - 06:39 AM

You get the standard amount of 'Mech XP and GXP when using Trial 'Mechs. The bonus part is that you can collect that XP from the trial 'mechs and add it to your own. Say you have a trial Cicada variant 3M and you own a Cicada variant 3M at the same time, if you use one or the other, both the x2 XP bonuses go away for that one variant upon winning a sortie (Assault or Skirmish or Conquest match)

But yeah, you don't benefit from unlocked bonuses while piloting trial 'mechs as far as I know.

View PostMelon Lord, on 11 October 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

Do you get less XP or GXP (or anything else for that matter) for using a trial mech compared to the same non champion variant you might own? I'm a little short on funds now and wanted to know if I'm missing out on anything by using the trial mech while I slowly customize the one I own.

#5 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:35 AM

It's the same. You can use a trial mech of the mech you plan to buy and use the XP you earn from it. You can even get the 2x XP bonus each day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users