Art Strike..

4 replies to this topic

#1 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 08:51 PM

why is it,, every time i try to do one... it does nothing???? i hit it 3-4 times.. while it is active and nothing??? am i aiming wrong? pressing the wrong button fist??? (i remaped to an F key) No clue why it ionly works 1/4 the time....

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:06 PM

There is a timer for the whole team. If a teammate drops an arty you cannot drop one until the timer runs down again. Look at the arty strike icon on the right edge of the screen, there will be a coloured bar ticking down if the arty is on cooldown.

Alternatively, you could be missing your arty, do you see the smoke where you want it to go? If you're not looking (ie, went back into cover) your reticule will flash red when a hit is confirmed.

#3 Dirk Le Daring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:19 PM

Check your settings, there is an alternative, it lists ....Activate module slot 1 , and the same for 2.

It had me for a while, maybe that helps.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 11 October 2014 - 09:45 PM

I mapped mine to a weird key to in between my left-shift and Z keys. French-Canadian compliant keyboard with a few extra keys.

There are separate keybindings for either module slot or for specific module, but if the OP is still getting strikes some of the time, he must be pressing the right key.

#5 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 13 October 2014 - 06:12 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 11 October 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

why is it,, every time i try to do one... it does nothing???? i hit it 3-4 times.. while it is active and nothing??? am i aiming wrong? pressing the wrong button fist??? (i remaped to an F key) No clue why it ionly works 1/4 the time....

I'll throw two more thoughts in on this:

1) Are you using the auto-refill feature in the Modules Lab? I've found that it will occasionally glitch, causing my Consumables not to refill. This happens most often with Arties, I've noticed, although Cool Shots, UAVs, and Air Strikes are also susceptible to it. If the auto-refill is not working, then it will show a darkened Arty icon on the right of your HUD during your match.

2) Strikes got nerfed hard recently and are literally a hit-or-miss weapon now. There have been several times that I dropped them on groups of enemies, only to watch the Mechs all escape unscathed. Though the explosions landed all around them, no hit reg was recorded. This is really frustrating, but it is the price we pay for griefers who couldn't let well enough alone.

Overall, I would recommend double-checking your auto-refill first. That's my biggest challenge. Like others have highlighted, there is also the cool-down timer, so it's possible that you are triggering your strikes too closely to other friendly strikes.

Hope this helps!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users