- - - - -

Prime Varient

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dorion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

Just want to make sure I understand....If you buy a clan "prime" variant for C-bills, it does not include the 30% c-bill bonus. Is that correct? The only way to get the c-bill bonus is to buy a package? Correct?

Thanks! This community is very helpful.

#2 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

Dorion - You may be vary well correct. I have the clan package, so my "Prime" mechs do have a c-bill % with them. I haven't bought the purchasable primes so can't answer with direct knowledge. But based on how the other mechs are sold, if you want a mech with a c-bill or experience boost, you have to use MC for it and only MC. Since all the clan primes are available for c-bills, my guess would be that they do not have any kind of a bonus.

Sorry I can't answer definitively for you. But I'm sure you will get one here soon. ;)

Happy Hunting,
Ayrmoon

Edited by Ayrmoon, 13 October 2014 - 09:23 AM.

#3 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

Yep, Ayrmoon has it. If you buy the Prime configurations of Clan chassis for c-bills, they do not have the unique geometry, skin, nor the 30% earning boost. The only way to get those bonuses was to buy a package or a la carte option.

For the Inner Sphere, the only way to get a 30% c-bill boost was either to have paid into the Founders' program, the Phoenix release, or paid MC for a Hero mech.

#4 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:42 AM

I may be wrong on this....But when looking at the "Quirks" summaries doesn't it give a bonus to ALL Prime Variants (even non-invasion) if you are using only the Prime Omnis? Or is this just seen on the Packaged mechs? I know my Primes say a small 7.5% bonus or something with only Prime Pods on it.

But you will NOT get the 30% C-bills boost the Invasion (Appear as XXX-Prime(I) in game) variants get unless you buy the packages or A la carte them I believe. Nor will you get the Unique geometry or paint jobs like was stated above.

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 13 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 13 October 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

I may be wrong on this....But when looking at the "Quirks" summaries doesn't it give a bonus to ALL Prime Variants (even non-invasion) if you are using only the Prime Omnis? Or is this just seen on the Packaged mechs? I know my Primes say a small 7.5% bonus or something with only Prime Pods on it.

But you will NOT get the 30% C-bills boost the Invasion (Appear as XXX-Prime(I) in game) variants get unless you buy the packages or A la carte them I believe. Nor will you get the Unique geometry or paint jobs like was stated above.

The omnipod XP is granted to any variant using all the matched omnipods, prime or not.

However, it's a pathetic 2.5% XP, utterly worthless (it will literally save you one match over the course of leveling a mech)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users