#1 Surface Detail

Rookie

• The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBoston/DC

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

Hey all,

Looking for a solid unit to join that actually communicates during matches (the way MWO is set up makes this a necessity). Been reading up on a ton of lore (god bless sarna.net) and figure that Clan Wolf is more in line with what I think my beliefs would be in this setting (Very much prefer the clans that don't treat freeborns terribly - and/or seem to be written one-dimensionally).

I have a Masakari pack, and I tend to skew heavily towards Mediums and Heavies. Mastered the Nova and Summoner, currently working on stormcrow and timberwolf. Currently averaging around 40-50pts per game, with scores higher and lower than that being dependent on the quality of the team I'm on and the quality of our opposition. I'd call myself a casual player, though I have roughly 500 matches under my belt. I'm based in the US and would prefer groups that play during the late afternoon/evening EST.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to playing alongside you all!

(P.S. originally got introduced to this universe via a random battletech boardgame that was at my elementary school, as well as that old tv show. Was later heavily into MW3 (loved the Shadowcat) and used to play on MSN gaming zone a lot!)

Edited by Surface Detail, 15 October 2014 - 12:01 PM.

#2 Fakirzoran

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTerra/North America/Spokane

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:03 PM

Clan Wolf Kappa Galaxy is recruiting, fun bunch of guys. Both Casual and Competitive play. http://cwkg.enjin.com/

#3 Emery Radick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 202 posts
  • LocationOutreach. Looking for new hires

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:09 PM

View PostFakirzoran, on 15 October 2014 - 12:03 PM, said:

Clan Wolf Kappa Galaxy is recruiting, fun bunch of guys. Both Casual and Competitive play. http://cwkg.enjin.com/

I can vouch for the Kappa guys. Good laid back group that communicates well.

#4 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:43 PM

Clan Wolf still slaughtered tons of filthy freebirths at Tamar and Rashalhague (not that I mind). Plus the majority of it turns crusader in a decade :) Simply for interest reasons, look up Clan Star Adder. They have quite an enlightened philosophy.

#5 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 October 2014 - 01:24 PM

You are welcome to drop with us of Clan Wolf International. We are a lore-based, solid and organized unit and we know how to have fun ;)
Check us at www.clan-wolf.info

#6 Surface Detail

Rookie

• The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBoston/DC

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

View PostNaglinator, on 15 October 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

Clan Wolf still slaughtered tons of filthy freebirths at Tamar and Rashalhague (not that I mind). Plus the majority of it turns crusader in a decade :) Simply for interest reasons, look up Clan Star Adder. They have quite an enlightened philosophy.

Very very true. Sort of a "best of a bad bunch" situation there. I saw myself as more of a Warden (Star Adder would be ideal but they're crusaders), so more of a Clan Wolf In-Exile kinda guy when that happens. Although who knows? Perhaps community warfare will change my outlook?

#7 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

If you are looking for a unit that is respectful to all, is competitive but relaxed, and values good communication on comms you may wish to consider Clan Diamond Shark : Diamond Shiver.

We are a soft roleplaying unit that follows a liberal and forward thinking policy on membership. A clan organization that had some relatively high freeborn warriors within its organizational structure, we believe that every fight is a fight to be won but do so without breaking down others.

Additionally, we take a top down approach and make sure that every drop has a battle commander. While some are better than others and there are times where members get together for looser games, we really strive to maintain a consistency of high command amongst all our ranked warriors. This means not just saying that a mech is at a certain part of the map, but to speak about maneuvers as we go, to identify where good positioning is for a charge or a flank and or to remind others to not chase the light.

We also award positions based on performance in game and on TOPs and due without a system of favoritism. As we adhere to a Keshik structure it has allowed our unit to operate since MW2 (while I have been part of the unit for the past 14+ years).

I know Clan Diamond Shark isn't listed as one of the big 4 but there is a lot of life and possibility with Clan Diamond Shark membership. Please visit our homepage at diamondshark.net, message me or see our Oathmaster (In game as Tokfrans). Lastly, we have name space on the NA Comstar server and a private server as well.

Seyla
Khan DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

#8 Thoman Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 225 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation zone

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:28 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 15 October 2014 - 03:30 PM, said:

Please visit our homepage at diamondshark.net, message me or see our Oathmaster (In game as Tokfrans). Lastly, we have name space on the NA Comstar server and a private server as well.

Seyla
Khan DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

the above addy is our old site. Please use http://www.diamondshiver.net/ instead.

#9 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostSurface Detail, on 15 October 2014 - 03:13 PM, said:

Very very true. Sort of a "best of a bad bunch" situation there. I saw myself as more of a Warden (Star Adder would be ideal but they're crusaders), so more of a Clan Wolf In-Exile kinda guy when that happens. Although who knows? Perhaps community warfare will change my outlook?

You may enjoy CWDG. We are mostly late evenings in CST/EST and are always looking for new members. We have a competitive group, and some casuals. You can find a place to fit in. Website link is in my signature.

Edited by Gyrok, 15 October 2014 - 08:33 PM.

#10 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 October 2014 - 09:19 PM

Lol, other then one vote, the Star Adders have hardly done anything to justify calling themselves crusaders :) Best of luck on fiding an unit... but please... no wolf in exile. Yuck.

#11 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:27 AM

Pff. Just ignore the PugMan. :P

We are mostly Wardens and we even use the same colors of CWiE's Alpha Galaxy.

#12 Surface Detail

Rookie

• The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBoston/DC

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:16 AM

Thanks everyone!

#13 Raven DeVega

Rookie

• Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

Hey guys, I'm in the same position as the OP but I'm in the UK. Any advice on where I can find some fellow Wolves to play with?

I'm new to MWO but no the universe, though I still have a bit to learn about MWO. I played a lot of Vengeance back in the day and was in Clan Wolf USA. As for mechs I own a Raven and a Timber Wolf and enjoy piloting both equally so I'm flexible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and good hunting gentlemen

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:31 AM

View PostCW Raven, on 16 October 2014 - 07:58 AM, said:

Hey guys, I'm in the same position as the OP but I'm in the UK. Any advice on where I can find some fellow Wolves to play with?

I'm new to MWO but no the universe, though I still have a bit to learn about MWO. I played a lot of Vengeance back in the day and was in Clan Wolf USA. As for mechs I own a Raven and a Timber Wolf and enjoy piloting both equally so I'm flexible. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and good hunting gentlemen

Hey, i met you in game yesterday i think :) Pretty sure it was in Crimson Strait.

You are welcome to drop with us. The Wolves in european timezones are pretty spread among the units (if you exclude language-specific units like German and Russian Wolves, which i assume you are not interested in ;) ), but we have a full trinary of warriors playing in EU, and i think there are a couple more cadets ready to fill any spot if needed.. Or form a new Trinary eventually. No shortage of people to play with!

P.S. Can you tell me some of the warriors in your old unit? Maybe they are still around.. It might even been us :P, i was not around back then but i know our unit was created back in the MW4 days, going trough MW:LL and now MWO.

Edited by CyclonerM, 16 October 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#15 Raven DeVega

Rookie

• Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 6 posts
  • LocationLiverpool

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 16 October 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

snipity..

Hmm let's see, our Kahn was Red. Lormaster was Auberus, we had a guy called Fallout IIc, there were two Irish guys Bean and Dave....and that's about it for the people I remember. I was Colonel of Alpha Trinary and had the blood name De Vega

Thanks for the invite :) I'll see if I can get on for a little later to play a few.

Good Hunting

PS
I registered on your site but I haven't got the e-mail to confirm yet so I cant post there yet or I would have dropped by by now :)

Edited by CW Raven, 16 October 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#16 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:36 PM

View PostCW Raven, on 16 October 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

PS
I registered on your site but I haven't got the e-mail to confirm yet so I cant post there yet or I would have dropped by by now :)

I do not recognize any name, our older veterans might know them , who knows :)

The request may take a bit to process. If you do not get it in a reasonable time the Khan can manually activate you ;). Btw, you can come in TS and drop while you wait for the email :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users