No replies to this topic

#1 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:42 AM

So according to my stats I am an increasingly horrible player and based on stats alone I would not want someone with my stats on my team in match.

Dominantly I run lighter support mechs, ecm suite, active probes, ams's, you name it, I run it. The problem is I tend to shoot far less, and get far fewer actual bonuses to my score, there are no visible bonuses for what I do. I have gotten massive amounts of the counter ecm and such, and have shot 100s of 1000s of missiles out of the sky and almost always am appreciated in matches, BUT....

Why should I run my mechs for your comfort, I get jacked out of any kind of rewards for playing. I am not kitfox or commando, I have a name, if you can't use my name, you can't use my electronics support either. I have gotten matches where I scored 1200 xp in a loss for all my efforts (many many assists,) but I get tired of being called out for my sub 100 damage stats every match, How can I be of worth when your major factor for xp earnings is damage. And lets face it, when you aren't shooting everything in sight, it takes far longer to do anything in this game, but I say that my "keeping the rain off" is just as valuable, if not moreso than shooting things. How many times have you gotten int a match and seen the words, "careful, we have no ecm" or something similar? Obviously ecm and supporting the team in ways aside from just brute force is a true and viable option in this game, now lets make some xp rewards to make it worth our time as scouts and support mechs.

I recall a match where I was forward scouting and had visual on the entire enemy team and just cycled my tgts as each one got lit up by lrms, until some jacked up firestarter gave my position away by shooting med pulse lasers from my location. I got literally nothing for that match, was killed before even firing once, I was using my targeting to get the enemies highlighted on my teams HUDs, and it was going well, except all I got in the end was 300xp for the win, I was essential to that victory but got zero rewards for ensuring my team had targets....

lrmboats, I used to be one myself, and I learned to rely on no one for my targets... we are here to be team players, but the lrm boats are not team players, they want everyone else to risk their mechs and lives so the lrm boats can get kills until the enemy realizes this and moves into minimum range. what happens then? "the team degrades into a mob as all the boats try to move to new shooting positions, but can't because the enemy is keeping within a couple hundred meters and missiles are useless.

We have all kinds of awards but the only thing seen is damage, kills and assists. After the challenges we just had, with the TAG/NARC bonuses fried, I paid alot more attention to the ticker thing in the HUD that tells you the rewards earned, and some of these things should be shown, have you seen anyone with 10 or more counter ecm awards in match? no you haven't because it doesn't show up, and only is shown as a cbill or xp number in the end. And only to yourself so it makes others think you do nothing and well, in fact you have done much for the team, at the cost of your own game.

Please make a visible rewards system for those of us who sacrifice our mechs, electronics, and time to be benefit of our team, but at a huge reduction in our own earnings (c-bill AND XP earnings)

Edited by Uminix, 16 October 2014 - 06:46 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users